Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Semi Solo - Threbin

I wanted to share my Threbin Deck that i have been playing since the start of SF. There are already a few similar builds in the Forum but this one might be quite interesting too.
    I have stopped playing him a few months ago but a decided to give him a try again.

Threbins ability allows him to deal 4 dmg meaning that i have to attack an enmey Hero 8 Times to deal 30 dmg.
    If i am able to deal 10 dmg from other sources i only have to attack 5 Times.
    Threbins ability also allows him to ignore the Board if the allys have 2 or less HP meaning that i can control the
    game even without having allys on board.

I have build an semi-solo Threbin deck with the goal to go for the enemys HP without relying on allys too much. This deck is pretty streight forward, have some anwsers to tricky situations and also has some pretty good matchups in the current meta.

Hero: Threbin the Righteous (41 cards)

Allies (12):
    4x Devoted Knight
    3x Sindarok Apprentice
    3x Tainted Oracle
    2x Viska, The Scarlet Blade

Abilities (15):
    3x Forgiveness
    2x Healing Touch
    3x Focused Prayer
    3x Smite
    4x Tidal Wave

Items (13):
    4x Scriptures of the Righteous
    2x Robes of Mending
    3x Rod of Smiting
    4x Madelain's Scepter

Gameplan:

Try to get through the first five turns without loosing too much HP. Sac the cards you will most likely need after turn 8 or some double Tidal Waves or double weapons to get them back later with Forgiveness. Play Devoted Knight or Apprentice to protect your precious HP. Get rid of some nasty t2 drops with Smite to get a draw from Scriptures.Tainted Oracle will give you the cards you need if you dont have them from the start.

After t6 start attacking your enemy. Stop his allys from attacking by reducing their HP to 2. Dont worry to use your ability just for the extra draw from scriptures. Forgiveness will boost your SE so you can maintain your shild for several turns. In the final stage increase your dmg output by playing Smites or dropping Viska.

If you are under preassure use Tidal Wave and recover some HP with Robes of Mending. This Deck does not have Zalians Hymn because it doesnt need them. All you need is your ability and sometimes Tidal Wave. Instead of blocking one single aly its besser to recover the HP and get rid of him later when your Shield is ready or you Tidal. In One game i was down to five HP against Loest. He has already written "GG" in the chat. On my turn I played Robes and Healing Tuch and recovered 14HP in total and won the game 3 turns later.

If you are playing against a Hero that relies on enemy allies to get draw, or for some other reasons simply dont play them. Give Hunters Gambit some hard time or dont give Myala the extra cardraw by bursting your Devoted Knight. Be aware of the Transmog and Gadari Reaver combo, Mind Control and Oliver Fagin. If you dont play allies these cards become useless. (t3 Dk and t4 TO might still be a good idea..)

Play Style: Semi - Solo
    Speed: Medium
    Difficulty: Medium to Hard
    Optimum Recources: 9
    Rating: 300+

Reference
    (Twios Deck): http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....8320-rating%29
    (Levidosablades Deck): http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....emplar-control
    (Veles Deck): http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....matic-Chipmunk
    Last edited by egatemi; 02-28-2015 at 02:19 PM.
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn