Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Meltdown format needs a Revamp!

First of all, I think you should be able to draft your deck once, then be able to play it whenever you want. Like if you wait a min, and cancel out you didn't start a game, the next time you try to find an opponent you should be able to and not have to redraft again. Also you should be able pick 5 packs with a max of no more than 2 from each set. That would give a better variety of allies to choose and not just throw them all in. Same goes for attachments and weapons.

But really MD needs more incentives to play casually. Like right now, it's really not worth it much if you don't commit to playing a ton of games.

I truly wish that you could use the same deck you drafted multiple times. That would be more fun, and the time spent drafting could more interesting. I know it's been talked about having MD be in a in game automated tourney mode (if that ever comes) but then you need to set aside a lot of time to finish the tourney and there could be down time waiting between games. But a lot of players, like casual players (like me ) don't have that time to commit all at once.

I wish you could play that same deck till you lose 2 games like you were in a double elim tournament. It could show you in a bracket and one step closer to the final with each win. Will kinda give you something to push for as opposed to grind out as many games as possible.

But then the payouts must be different as well as the buy in. You actually could keep the 200g per game for those who like the way it is and a different buy in of gold for those in the tourney mode. But you could still be matched with either the buy in as it wouldn't really matter who you're playing in each buy in. But it would be good if some match making system was in place to get you paired up with others that have as close of a record to you as possible.

The bracket at the end of each game for those in the tourney could
    just show your name and others like Player1, Player2, etc. That could just make it seem that you are progressing towards the finals.

Let's say the Tourney Mode buy in was 600g the payouts for the could be:

0-1 win, 3 losses = 100gold
    2 wins, 3 losses = 200gold
    3 wins, 3 losses = 400gold
    4 wins, 3 losses = 600gold
    5 wins, 3 losses = 800gold
    6 wins, 1 loss = 1,000gold
    6 wins, 0 losses = 1,200gold

What do you guys think?
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I myself am a more casual player and I think this is for the most part a really good idea but I think that the payouts should be more for the tournament mode even if it requires more wins

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not liking the drafted deck being used multiple times. Sometimes you get really lucky and have tons of amazing cards to pick from or a combo of particular cards that's hard to counter. I like the current system where you must start new each time. You'll have people quitting and restarting the deck building process until they get that perfect deck so they can roll over players that didn't take 30 minutes on canceling everytime they didn't like the cards dealt.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    don't need any fake progression or proper tournament system... I say even just straight up ripping the Hearthstone Arena system (play until 3 losses) is fine.

I would definitely love to keep my meltdown decks over multiple matches...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffoneye View Post
    I'm not liking the drafted deck being used multiple times. Sometimes you get really lucky and have tons of amazing cards to pick from or a combo of particular cards that's hard to counter. I like the current system where you must start new each time. You'll have people quitting and restarting the deck building process until they get that perfect deck so they can roll over players that didn't take 30 minutes on canceling everytime they didn't like the cards dealt.
    I will agree that you will sometimes get super lucky and get those great cards but then you are really only going to play with it a certain number of times. Sometimes using s deck once you never even see a card or combo that you drafted and that could kinda suck. That's why I think using it multiple times would be Great.

And I don't think getting rid of the one off games like you play (I tend to see your name in md games all the time whenever I'm looking at the challenge screen ) but just add a different mode but still share the same pool of players.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly about the quitting and restarting part? Are you saying that you think done people could shell out 600g then dump that draft because they didn't like it and draft again till they get a great deck? If so they will be losing 600g per time. If that's the case isn't 600g a lot to lose for gaining 1,200 possible?? If they go undefeated 6:0?
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know about keeping a deck over several matches - that seems like a way to solidify one lucky set of cards into a win streak...may sound fun, but when it's abused by people who can keep redrawing until they get 3 thoughtripper's cutlasses in an Amber deck, or somesuch, you'll start to get annoyed. Speaking of which, currently - you can look at your cards and then reopen packs before paying anything.

IMO the cost to play should be less, and the rewards should be less. It should be a fun format that is friendly to noobs who have a little bit of gold to spare. As is, it is sort of closed off to noobs, which is a shame, because it's a great way to learn the cards.

I think the order should go like this:
    1 - you pay your money (maybe 100g)
    2 - you get your cards
    3 - you make your deck
    4 - your deck is automatically saved
    5 - you try to join a game
    6 - you play a game - if you can't find a match, your deck remains saved and you can try to find a game later at no additional cost, with the same deck from before.
    7 - after you play a game, win or lose your deck is deleted.

I suppose playing the same deck over a set series of games or a single win-streak could be fun too...maybe just have increasing rewards as the win streak grows, or give people an option to cash out their deck during a win-streak, but win nothing (or less) if they predict wrong and get a loss.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now that they've started not charging gold for Meltdown early quits, that takes care of a lot of my problems with Meltdown.

Right now I'd really just love for a private/unranked Meltdown option, so we can start doing Meltdown tourneys.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Meltdown really just needs a reason to play it casually. You have to devote a lot if your time just to break even.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really like BobRoss's idea. Girlfriend at the moment simply can't play Meltdown because of the cost. She'd rather save the gold for Allies. Make it more accessible to the new players and you help grow the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Meltdown is punishing beginners in two ways:
    1) expensiveness
    - i suggest one free entry a day (that does not add anything to jackpot, to combat inflation)

2) matchmaking ignores past performance so beginners are beaten again and again
    - since there are not enough players for good matchmaking, a possible solution is handicapping,
    players start with, say, 3 less health for each consecutive win.