Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    DP Visionary Index's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shanghai(GMT+8)
    Posts
    5,900
    Tournaments Joined
    9
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Hope Wulven could listen.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

  2. #12
    DP Visionary Shadows R Us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Missouri, US (GMT -6)
    Posts
    815
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I love the idea of not having to pause your life for a week to make meltdown worthwhile.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    IGN: BP Shadows R Us

  3. #13
    Senior Member Delay of Game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Waiting for Opponent...
    Posts
    877
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I think Meltdown should reward the winner by taking gold directly from the loser. Like wagering/gambling. And raise the stakes. It's not for the feeble-minded players.

    Except that wouldn't be fair to the noob beginners. So we shouldn't take gold from the noobs. (But then the noobs MUST have card-sleeves that say "NOOB" during the match. That's the price to pay.

    But all said & done, Meltdown is a waste. I say drop it, and implement multiplayer (2-vs-2) instead. I need a buddy so we can run two stall/mill decks together in perfect harmony.

  4. #14
    Senior Member ShrapnelFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia (GMT+11)
    Posts
    621
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    Meltdown really just needs a reason to play it casually. You have to devote a lot if your time just to break even.
    That's 100% correct, and a well known fact of the current setup. Hence why casual gamers won't get involved because they only want to play a few games in a week at most, which is simply throwing away gold as they won't be in the top ranked 50%.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Grover View Post

    Let's say the Tourney Mode buy in was 600g the payouts for the could be:

    0-1 win, 3 losses = 100gold
    2 wins, 3 losses = 200gold
    3 wins, 3 losses = 400gold
    4 wins, 3 losses = 600gold
    5 wins, 3 losses = 800gold
    6 wins, 1 loss = 1,000gold
    6 wins, 0 losses = 1,200gold

    What do you guys think?

    I disagree with the 'saving' and 'reusing' of decks, however a meltdown alternative is an excellent suggestion.

    The Meltdown Jackpot weekly comp should continue to exist as well as this less "time and cost intensive' alternative.
    The rules for deck creation should be identical with both, so those competing in jackpot can be matched to the tournament alternative. Hence it's an equal playing field, they are just simply competing for different rewards.

    This would have 2 great benefits to the Shadow Era product:
    1. More people playing Meltdown matches and thus resolve the 'wait time' matter caused by lack of players
    2. Casual gamers will actively participate in Meltdown matches, which is great feature and should be viable and appreciated by the users


    An idea on the alternative meltdown structure would be:


    > Entry fee is 500 gold.
    > This entitles the player to 6 meltdown matches, which must all be played to receive the reward **Instead of the losing 3 matches and "your out" format. 1. It avoids mimicking HS. 2. It maximizes the amount of meltdown games being played (I.e. they will always play 6) 3. less likely to discourage very average players
    > A player may leave the game and come back another day to keep playing their remaining matches

    Proposed reward system:

    0 wins = 25 gold {Loss: - 475 gold} (you put in the effort to lose 5 games - participation reward)
    1 win = 100 gold {Loss: - 400 gold}
    2 wins = 300 gold {Loss: - 200 gold}
    3 wins = 600 gold {Profit: 100 gold} (winning half the games, you would want to see a slight profit margin taking into account QM would give 240 gold profit for x3 wins)
    4 wins = 750 gold {Profit: 250 gold}
    5 wins = 950 gold {Profit: 450 gold}
    6 wins = 1200 gold {Profit: 700 gold} (Perfect 6 game win streak.)

    Peoples thoughts?

  5. #15
    Senior Member Super Grover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    476
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    That's 100% correct, and a well known fact of the current setup. Hence why casual gamers won't get involved because they only want to play a few games in a week at most, which is simply throwing away gold as they won't be in the top ranked 50%.
    I totally agree with this! Could not agree more.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    I disagree with the 'saving' and 'reusing' of decks, however a meltdown alternative is an excellent suggestion.

    The Meltdown Jackpot weekly comp should continue to exist as well as this less "time and cost intensive' alternative.
    The rules for deck creation should be identical with both, so those competing in jackpot can be matched to the tournament alternative. Hence it's an equal playing field, they are just simply competing for different rewards.

    This would have 2 great benefits to the Shadow Era product:
    1. More people playing Meltdown matches and thus resolve the 'wait time' matter caused by lack of players
    2. Casual gamers will actively participate in Meltdown matches, which is great feature and should be viable and appreciated by the users


    An idea on the alternative meltdown structure would be:


    > Entry fee is 500 gold.
    > This entitles the player to 6 meltdown matches, which must all be played to receive the reward **Instead of the losing 3 matches and "your out" format. 1. It avoids mimicking HS. 2. It maximizes the amount of meltdown games being played (I.e. they will always play 6) 3. less likely to discourage very average players
    > A player may leave the game and come back another day to keep playing their remaining matches

    Proposed reward system:

    0 wins = 25 gold {Loss: - 475 gold} (you put in the effort to lose 5 games - participation reward)
    1 win = 100 gold {Loss: - 400 gold}
    2 wins = 300 gold {Loss: - 200 gold}
    3 wins = 600 gold {Profit: 100 gold} (winning half the games, you would want to see a slight profit margin taking into account QM would give 240 gold profit for x3 wins)
    4 wins = 750 gold {Profit: 250 gold}
    5 wins = 950 gold {Profit: 450 gold}
    6 wins = 1200 gold {Profit: 700 gold} (Perfect 6 game win streak.)

    Peoples thoughts?
    There's only one thing wrong with your suggestion... I didn't come up with it

    But seriously, I am liking yours even better than what I suggested. I tried to think of a way to be able to keep the playing field level between the weekly pot players and the casual players, and I think yours really does that. It also really keeps the format really what it was started as and like you said it not copying something else.

    Something thing that I would add is maybe additional winnings for consecutive win streaks, like if you go 6:0 twice in a row your winnings should be really awesome as that would be a really tough thing to do.

    One thing that I mentioned and others in past mentioned is the number of packs should be higher and since there will be more sets (in the future) an increase in the number of packs would make the drafting of allies better than throwing them all in. Maybe even the amount of packs like I said should be no more of 2 from a set.

    But anyway I really hope Kyle reads this and seriously thinks about this. I really think this could help MD like you said and help the game!

    And I hope others would read this and give their support if they like it too and see if this could be implemented.

    Awesome suggestion ShrapnelFox!!!
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

    IGN: ETC SuperGrover

  6. #16

  7. #17
    Senior Member udy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    760
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    Meltdown really just needs a reason to play it casually. You have to devote a lot if your time just to break even.

    necroing an ignored idea

    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....wn-Ladderboard

    its about QM and MD with shorter period of time
    Last edited by udy; 02-28-2015 at 07:15 PM.
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

    [SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

    Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn


    IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

  8. #18
    Senior Member Jao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    inside my head
    Posts
    1,122
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    i tried out Meltdown once. i wasted a lot of gold.

    never played it again.

    it's really fun though so if Wulven would just remove the entry fee and even the payouts and make it just another game mode with payouts and rewards similar to QM, that'd be great. or make the entry fee similar to HS. sell a key for a certain amount of crystals, key lasts for 1 week. when week is over, player needs to buy a new key. serves as a great sc sink, depleting crystals of players, and an engine for profit growth.
    Want to Join A1?

    A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

    It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

    Visit my blog: Potpourri

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •