Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's going to be unhealthy for me if you don't supply even a super vague hint of when 3.0 is coming out. Seriously, the anticipation is killing me.
    How about something broad like: within six months; at least six months from now; targeting 2016 release date. Etc.

Praying for within six months.

W
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyell125 View Post
    It's going to be unhealthy for me if you don't supply even a super vague hint of when 3.0 is coming out. Seriously, the anticipation is killing me.
    How about something broad like: within six months; at least six months from now; targeting 2016 release date. Etc.

Praying for within six months.

W
    It will only be released the exact moment you lose hope and stop checking the forums.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Guild design feature ideas:

#1 Guild tag on Members IGN
    When creating a guild the leader creates a ‘tag’ (up to 5 char) which is displayed at the start of members IGN. (When searching for a player IGN, the guild tag is ignored for simplified searching)
    Depending on the 3.0 revamp, the guild image could be displayed with the name.

#2 Number of Members in a Guild
    When creating a guild the leader chooses as to whether it contains 10, 25 or 50 members. (Different ranking, level and quest system for each) This is a lot more work but takes into account many guilds will suddenly arise yet won’t be able attain 50 active members.

Incentives for user to be in a guild and for that guild to be active:

1# Benefits of being Top Ranked

When a guild reaches particular RANKS its members receive special benefits, while maintaining that rank. This could be displayed as “trophy” icons when viewing the guild ‘home screen’.
    For example to illustrate the concept:
    Ranked: 1st (Secret Stock) Legendary cards are always available in the merchant
    Rank: 1st – 3rd (Art of Pillaging) 25% Bonus to gold earned in quick matches
    Rank: 1st – 5th (Shiny!) +15% chance of receiving a shiny card in the daily reward and in boosters
    Rank: 1st – 20th (Loyal Merchant) All cards purchased from the merchant are discounted by +10%
    Rank: All (Rivals) Gain a bonus 10 gold when you defeat a member of another guild

2# Benefits of Leveling Up Guilds

When a guild reaches particular LEVELS its members receive special benefits. This could be displayed as “trophy” icons when viewing the guild ‘home screen’.
    For Example:
    Level 1: (Friendly Advice) Gain +5% experience from Quick matches and Meltdown games
    Level 2: (More the merrier) Max members in guild increased by +5
    Level 3: (Common Connections) The cost of purchasing common cards is reduced by 5%
    Level 5: (Looting) +10% gold earned from QM and MD games.
    Level 10: (Respect) collect a bonus 30 gold if you defeat a high ranked player in QM.

3# A reward to be proud of
    Every 3, 6 or 12 months the guild ranks are reset.
    The members of a guild that place in the highest ranks receive an ‘exclusive’ sleeve which can only be earned. This will be the ultimate “you’re looking at a guild high roller” bling.
    For example:
    Ranked 1st: Special ‘fancy gold bordered sleeve’ of X.
    Ranked 2-3rd: Special ‘elegant silver bordered sleeve’ of X.
    Ranked 4-10: Special ‘rusty bordered sleeve’ of X.

The image of X could be updated each year, and the gold, silver and rusty border could be reused every rank reset. (Hence minimizing development for maximum satisfaction)

4# Quests
    Quests (an expansion on what was previously mentioned in initial post)
    Guilds will receive a (or number of to a max) randomized quest(s) with the completion resulting in a reward to either the guild or its members. The quests would have to be appropriate to the number of members in a guild.
    For example:
    (50 member guild) Win 300 quick matches, ‘32’ remaining = Guild receives a bonus 1000 experience
    (50 member guild) Defeat 150 Shadow Heroes, ‘76’ remaining = All members receive 5 Shadow Crystals
    (50 Member guild) Earn 24,000 gold in the next 5 days, ‘84’ hours remaining = Each member receives 500 gold.
    (50 Member guild) Kill 1000 allies, ‘78’ remaining = each member receives a ‘death collector card’.

Acknowledgement to previously mentioned ideas:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir85 View Post
    Would the guild tag always stand in front of a players ign? This would ensure to not let people waste sc on renaming after switching or.joining a guild.

Let me know you're feedback. (Keep in mind my examples aren't balanced, they are just to illustrate a point)
    If I have any other ideas, or see other great ideas mentioned, I'll update this post if I get a chance

The v3.0 looks like an amazing expansion on the product. very excited

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wouldn't like guilds to advantage too much its members compared to guild-less players.
    This is not a Guild Wars-like game where you almost have to be in a guild to enjoy the game.
    Simple features (tag, image, gold trade, inner chat, colors, ...) are better imo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by renew View Post
    I wouldn't like guilds to advantage too much its members compared to guild-less players.
    This is not a Guild Wars-like game where you almost have to be in a guild to enjoy the game.
    Simple features (tag, image, gold trade, inner chat, colors, ...) are better imo.
    I agree Renew.
    I think Guilds should give their members perks, but nothing that makes them compulsory to be competitive.
    Hence maybe no bonuses to Exp gained, which would affect individual 'ranked' play.
    I think you can get away with minor gold bonuses, etc as it doesn't impact competition. (Anyone can earn gold easy enough)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Exp doesn't do much in this game. It only gives you a measly amount of SC. If they said it would give you more from the ads, i would think it's unfair
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by udy View Post
    Doesnt have clear understanding about this, bu SE Guild can use a mechanic on CoC newest patch: choose the warriors.
    Leader or co-leader can choose who will be send to Guild War. So a guild with 100 member or more would only send 50 of their best heroes to war.
    I personally think this is genius. A lot of guilds are going to end up being big, and we're not going to want to split up or kick our other members out. I know in ETC some of us go on Hiatus occasionally. I had my laptop stolen while in Europe and I was out of commission for months, but my guildies welcomed me back with open arms. I think it's a disservice to us as players to have to kick our friends out of our guilds, it feels like a shortcut.

Finally, I think Shrapnel Fox raised some brilliant points. Not specifically the bonuses he suggested, but incentives for people to join guilds that are appealing but not unfair in light of people who prefer to be solo players. Even the idea of giving us more options to carry our own colors and crests as guilds works in that vein. I'm ont saying we become a straight up guild-wars kind of thing, I'd hate that. Just make guilds something that continues to promote community, competition, and the game itself.

I think an idea where inter-guild competition is limited to your 50 best players makes way more sense. And it also give the guild discretion to put it's best people on the job, or send our other members when some of those 50 guys are busy with something else in their lives. Other more creative solutions could be applied to ranking or other non guild-war/challenge type of events. For example, using averages across the board instead of just adding up x, y, and z to produce a rank. We already have an excellent ranking system for QM, I'm sure there's enough brainpower to let guilds expand like good guilds should without sacrificing these future possibilities.
    Excellence Through Cohesion

ETC Member

IGN: ETCSimpleJack

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"
    - President John F. Kennedy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by renew View Post
    +1
    I agree with renew and ShrapnelFox. If kyle do, most people need to join a guild like me to get some bonuses.
    In addition to this points, there r big guilds already such as BP or A1. I mean a new guild shouldn't be compared to them.
    So as renew said, simple futures are better for mostly.
    IGN: Jojiwakabayashi

The most highest scoring player in season 18 and 25
    The most highest rating player in seaon 26 and 27

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wouldn't mind there being guild related rewards, just as long as they given to the guild itself, rather than the individual players of that guild