Close

Thread: Forced ability

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Forced ability

I don't know if this was suggested or not but the idea just came to me in a game.

What if there were an ability card (say around cost 4 or 5) that forced your opponents HERO to activate their ABILITY.

Say your opponent has board control with allies and had Nishaven, interesting play to force him to activate his ability and make all his allies lose 4 damage in the process, or even vess or threbin to waste 3 SE for nothing on your turn.
    Not really sure it would be able to work for Boris or Eldawen unless you had an ally for which they can target.

Too OP though? I don't know, just a fun little trick I thought of.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketsoul View Post
    I don't know if this was suggested or not but the idea just came to me in a game.

What if there were an ability card (say around cost 4 or 5) that forced your opponents HERO to activate their ABILITY.

Say your opponent has board control with allies and had Nishaven, interesting play to force him to activate his ability and make all his allies lose 4 damage in the process, or even vess or threbin to waste 3 SE for nothing on your turn.
    Not really sure it would be able to work for Boris or Eldawen unless you had an ally for which they can target.

Too OP though? I don't know, just a fun little trick I thought of.
    sounds like an annoying elemental card

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, would have to be worked out for things like Boris with the targeting, but with Boris especially it could still be used interestingly, like if the only allies you had out he had already put Crippling Blow or something on and he wanted to save his ability for your other guys you're about to summon, but is then forced to hit an existing guy.

Interesting idea. I like it.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea alot if the DT can pull it off smoothly.. It should be a human card though imo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting idea. I'd say don't even worry about how it would affect certain Heroes that need the condition to use their SE. After all, the player is responsible for timing when they play the card, it's no different than how other cards require timing/conditions.

There's already cards that make heroes lose all stored SE. This is like the inverse...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How would this effect the play timer?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's an interesting idea but I don't think it would work. Let's say you can only play it if the opposing hero is able to use his/her ability, how would you do vs. Baduruu and Bloodfang? It's the same deal as the old Nathanias, the People's Champion. They had to reword his ability because there was no way for the opposing player to know whether or not you drew an ally; you could have easily lied and not summon it.
    PK Love