Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I've decided it's time to have another look thanks to this reminder. Mac client updating as we speak! What's Shattered Destiny?

Side note: We had chosen the name Shattered Fates for our third set before HEX: Shards of Fate was announced.

EDIT: OK, so Shattered Destiny is their second set. I got 5 packs of it as a Kickstarter backer. Initial impressions after playing the tutorial is that it is very MTG-like, with the addition of heroes/champions with abilities that don't seem too impactful. Since MTG is so expensive and the interface is bad then I probably would play this instead of MTG (since I have all my packs as a backer), which is likely why there's a court case about it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I've decided it's time to have another look thanks to this reminder. Mac client updating as we speak! What's Shattered Destiny?

Side note: We had chosen the name Shattered Fates for our third set before HEX: Shards of Fate was announced.

EDIT: OK, so Shattered Destiny is their second set. I got 5 packs of it as a Kickstarter backer. Initial impressions after playing the tutorial is that it is very MTG-like, with the addition of heroes/champions with abilities that don't seem too impactful. Since MTG is so expensive and the interface is bad then I probably would play this instead of MTG (since I have all my packs as a backer), which is likely why there's a court case about it.
    hi gondorian. i see that hearthstone has tons of cards with almost the same names as shadowera's.se is my first tcg and only tcg so i dont really know the history of tcgs, so i wonder did hearthstone copy shadowera or both se and hearthstone copied from another source.also just came up to my mind now; why don't u start a thread asking for suggestions on the cards that are gonna be in the new set. i know there is a suggestion thrrad already but noone seems to be suggesting on a new set.thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    hi gondorian. i see that hearthstone has tons of cards with almost the same names as shadowera's.se is my first tcg and only tcg so i dont really know the history of tcgs, so i wonder did hearthstone copy shadowera or both se and hearthstone copied from another source.
    Or did we independently come up with similar names? FWIW, we didn't copy any names (SF was well into production before Hearthstone even was released) and we actually changed one card name when we became aware there was a HS card with that name - Harbinger of the Lost was originally called Doomsayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    why don't u start a thread asking for suggestions on the cards that are gonna be in the new set. i know there is a suggestion thrrad already but noone seems to be suggesting on a new set.thanks
    We have run card design contests from time to time (that's where Rampant Krygon came from) but generally we don't look to the community to design the set for us.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't even think that's accurate. SE doesn't REALLY have similar names to HS when it comes to cards, except for the obvious ones like fireball, but that's just a fantasy genre thing. Besides a lot of HS card names come directly from the Warcraft games and the characters/abilities within them.
    Embrace The Catnip

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are just some fantasy name/ titles that everyone loves and you see those names/titles in many other fantasy games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There was a Jasmine in Aladdin! Ripoff!

I'm intrigued by Hex, but haven't actually checked it yet. jcbow looks like he's having a lot of fun drafting.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its a fun game. I don't recommend playing much f2p until pve hits the scene but if you enjoy that kinda game, just like se, I feel a little support is worthwhile.
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    Its a fun game. I don't recommend playing much f2p until pve hits the scene but if you enjoy that kinda game, just like se, I feel a little support is worthwhile.
    Support? They got $3 million from Kickstarters, more than 18 months ago. Do they get much grief from backers for not delivering everything yet? (I don't read their forums at all.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Support? They got $3 million from Kickstarters, more than 18 months ago. Do they get much grief from backers for not delivering everything yet? (I don't read their forums at all.)
    They seem to get some. But not as much as here. The main difference I see is communication. They keep people up to date with progress often calming most the masses. I imagine a mix of law suit, crafting equipment for each card and designing so many ai oppoenants took more time than planned. Also they are hiring which can be taken as a good sign of growth.

I think the communication is the biggest thing though. Corey has gone on live stream a few times and talked, they update with news posts, and show everyone what they have with arena on test server. The community sees their progress. With the exception of you, anyone who says you don't care is just stupid, wulven seems pretty quiet and that gets concerning real fast for people.
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    They seem to get some. But not as much as here. The main difference I see is communication. They keep people up to date with progress often calming most the masses. I imagine a mix of law suit, crafting equipment for each card and designing so many ai oppoenants took more time than planned. Also they are hiring which can be taken as a good sign of growth.

I think the communication is the biggest thing though. Corey has gone on live stream a few times and talked, they update with news posts, and show everyone what they have with arena on test server. The community sees their progress. With the exception of you, anyone who says you don't care is just stupid, wulven seems pretty quiet and that gets concerning real fast for people.
    I can certainly see the value in being more open with updates, and it's good to hear it's working for them. Despite us being in competition, I can empathise with what they must be going through.