Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey there Arcanes!

I think rather than less draw, the thing that I'd be more worried about with increasing the deck size would be losing consistency. Without Divine Connection this deck just doesn't work properly. The ability to play 0 cost attachments is what gives me an edge and if I can't play divine connection by turn 3 my odds of winning go down dramatically.

I'll definitely give your suggestion a try though, as having all these extra cards would be useful, and it might be possible to 'draw' myself more consistency with superior draw power. I'm going to wait until 2.90 comes out though, as then I can put 4 Wizent's Shimmercloak in, without having to worry about them being unique. Also It will be more worthwhile to run 4 Confluence of Fate without the risk of the sustain cost.

I completely forgot about Knight of the Golden Dawn 's other ability. I think I'd also need some other healing if I wanted to take full advantage of it.

I don't know about reaching 300 ranking though. I feel like to do that you either need to run some kind of 'meh' meta deck full of plain good allies or some kind of crazy Zaladar feedbomb deck or some invulnerable Shrine of Negatia Lance deck. None of which sound as exciting as bashing your opponent in the face with a 15 attack Radiant Wisp... occasionally... :P

Thanks for the advice though!

On a side note I added 2 Reinforced Armor recently which lets an Armored Wisp go up to potentially un-killable 5 armor ;D Makes me wish that Warrior Training was neutral!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    cool deck, you got me hard with it ;__;

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hows this working out for you now Cosmicx? I liked to watch your games before because you were running something different. I can only imagine that the last patch has helped you alot? Also I was wondering if you could give me some tips about building a deck .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah it's going great! All three of the key Shattered Fates cards got buffed so that helped a lot. The only thing that's holding me back from breaking rank 280 is the inherent problem with consistency in attachment decks and the fact that almost everyone is teching against attachments -_- Seeing lots of Threbins running Mass Purification and people running severed ties to take out my confluence of fate. I am however reliably murdering mages with the buff to Tome of Blessings (although I've noticed Raikka is much stronger now).

I think the biggest issue I have though is that I'm turning into an attachment priest hipster. One game I even had to tell someone that I was playing attachment priest before it was cool!

As for tips on deck building, I'd say that you'd want have lots high health/armored, low attack allies and ideally low cost. These are best for buffing up quickly, without having to invest too much in their initial cost. The three allies which I'd say don't fit the bill, but I'd suggest you include anyway are Radiant Wisp, Zailen Crusader and Zealous Mystic because they synergise so well with attachments.

I'm giving advice for building an attachment priest deck here, but don't be afraid to try a different hero or faction. I once got completely destroyed a by a unusual Ythan attachment deck which never seen since, so I'm sure there are plenty of overlooked possibilities out there.

The abilities that are a must have if you're playing priest are of course Divine Connection and Confluence of Fate. For items you will probably want Tome of Blessing to essentially turn all your allies into Sandworms unless you'd rather just play allies with inherent armor abilities (although having 4 armor can never hurt :P). Then you have a toss up between Glass Chalice of Knowing and Wizent's Staff for more draw since you can't just rely on confluence of fate (It's not really so overpowered like some people claim). I'm not so clear on whats best for draw but I usually Glass Chalice of Knowing since that lets me see the most number of cards, but you might want to use whatever draw you like best. Scriptures of the Righteous could be good or maybe even Bazaar if you want to go crazy and draw 4 cards per turn!

For the attachments you want to use, you'll most likely want all the good low cost ones to take the most advantage of Divine Connection and allow your self to spam attachments like there's no tomorrow. You'll also want a couple of good cost three attachments and probably and definitely A Legend Rises. Now that Wizent's Shimmercloak is no longer Unique you can afford to have three or four of those, especially since it's one of the only three attachments that buff health (excluding for Exaltation).

Overall though they key to building a good attachment deck is getting the balance between abilities and allies right. I find whichever way you do it you'll always have games where you'll either not draw enough allies or not draw enough attachments. And then you'll have those games where you draw everything at the right time and you throw unstoppable ally after unstoppable ally at your opponent till they run out of option for dealing with them. You'll just have to keep playing games until you find a balance that works. I personally only run 13 allies which can be a bit risky and definitely wouldn't work without Glass Chalice of Knowing.

Hopefully that was helpful for you. I didn't want to go into too much detail on what cards and the amount of them which you should pick, as the reason I've had so much fun with this deck is because I came up with it myself, and I wouldn't want to take that away from you! Unless you just want to netdeck, I which case I'll take that away from you because I'm evil like that >

p.s I apologise that all my posts turn in to massive essays. There's something cathartic about writing without having to cite a source every 3 minutes! -_-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi cosmic,

I am running an attachment zhanna now myself and I think that your ally mix should be a bit different plus some abilities.
    I run 12 allies total, mystic KOU and sindrok. I run 4 COF with TH and Santa , 4 tome and 3 Devine.
    I think you will see this ally mix might be better. There is no need for rush with zhanna as without glass ability is only for heal. Both sindrok and KOU are hard to kill especially when tome is out. Mystic provide needed haste and crippling attachments removal.
    I might do a write up soon But you can check out my games
    I took it from 300 to 314 ATM
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're probably right about those ally choices. Sindarok will probably work now that she/he/both?? has been reworked. Still haven't quite adapted to the buffs! Fortified Wisp is probably a bit unnecessary now. I've already got Mystic in and he's fantastic! A bit hesitant about taking a Divine Connection out though. It's such an important card for the deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no way should devine connection should be taken out, i just do 3 copies becuase i needed to clear room for other attachment
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tome of blessings is the best anti Threbin priest card. Tbh I keep all my FP when I'm playing Threbin just to destroy those horrors.
    IGN: BP Lentan

Sentry of the Searing Sun
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the tips!

I wonder what your guys opinion are about an Jericho deck with Mystic of the Vale and Zails Hymn loop? Would be it possible to make one and include a few more allies + plus embers?

Also, have you guys tried running Icense of Atonement with all these attachements? I reckon in the end it will be some dmg?