Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

275ish Rated Victor, need advice on improving

I've been sitting at around 275 with this deck, which is one of my 3 highest, the others being a Moonstalker in 2.88 and Banebow back in the DP era.

Victor Heartstriker

1x Aeon Stormcaller
    4x Spirit Warden
    4x Zailen Crusader
    1x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    1x Eriss Fateweaver
    4x Deepwood Bobcat

2x A Legend Rises
    4x Pack an Extra
    4x Raven's Gambit

4x Snare Trap
    4x Decoy Trap

2x Spelleater Bands

2x Soul Seeker
    2x Grundler's Double

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

There's a few problematic decks for me, and I was hoping to get some input on substitutions that could be made to better deal. The decks I have the most trouble with are Ember Jericho, RD Baduruu, and Mill Skervox. Ones that sometimes give me trouble, other times don't are Moonstalker of any variety, and Serena (these matchups are really dependent on how our draws turn up).

The cards I find myself using most are Spirit Wardens to pop snare traps and mess with recursion, obviously the Crusader/Gambit (and ability if I have to) combo, and Bobcat/Hunter Card like most every other Victor player ever.

Anyway, I was thinking about scrapping one or two of the 6cc allies, but I'm not sure which (though I'm leaning toward cutting Viska), or what I'd put in their place. Decoy Trap could also be cut more often that not I'm finding in my bad matchups since it's usually persistent ping and not a significant hit, and I usually resource at least one or two in most other games. Again, I find myself asking, and I'll pitch it to the community at large:

"What do I use instead?"

Thanks as always for the replies and input!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Victor can usually only win with damage from allies, so you should put more of them if you want to cut Decoy Traps. Pack An Extra seems another strange card in there, I think that many 3cc allies and/or strong allies such as Sandworm and Braxnorian Soldier suit the deck better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the suggestion about beefier allies! My deck now looks like this:

3x Aldon the Brave
    4x Spirit Warden
    4x Zailen Crusader
    4x Deepwood Bobcat
    2x Braxnorian Soldier
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    1x Eriss Fateweaver

4x Pack an Extra
    4x Hunter's Gambit

4x Snare Trap
    3x Spirit Shuriken
    2x Soul Seeker
    2x Grundler's Double

I like keeping the Pack an Extras for two main reasons: T1 I can throw one since I have nothing else to do and it gets me a different card for my "opening hand". It's also a cheap way to pop Bobcat's ability if my Crusaders are taken out or otherwise can't afford Gambits. Finally, I guess they're not bad for upping the durability of my weapons. Sometimes it makes all the difference for me to get that one extra whack.

My last session, I went 12-0 with the new version, but it's still an evolving deck. I'm thinking about swapping one or two of the weapons for a meaty ally, maybe tag Viska back in, or Nathanias, Dragnis or Gunther, or something cheaper like Jasmine, PotL, or Seductress.

What are your thoughts on using those?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    imo you could do...
    -1 eriss
    -1 pack an extra
    -1 shuriken

replace with...
    +1 brax
    +2 viska
    "Learn , Improve , Succeed"

Alternate Reality Champion
    Five Heroes Champion
    The Gunslinger II Champion
    World Championship Wildcard Qualifier 2013 Champion
    World Championship 2013 Top 16
    Asia Regionals 2014 Runner-Up
    World Championship 2014 3rd Runner-Up

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i would put in guys with haste because they work really will with victor eff.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    gundlers sucks, ditch em for more soul seekers. drop spirit shuriken to 2 and do the changes justicar up there said. but instead of brax add some layarian seductress for control you can also drop all the pack an extras for 2 decoy traps and swap aeon for viska if you like. The dream victor is hovering at 6 resources and pushing bobcats like no tomorrow and recycling gambit evertim. i use a more momentum victor as you can see since I try to slow the game down for my domination set up, hence the layarians. (you might want poison arrows if you want too)
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง