Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anurak View Post
    You are really not making sense. You spent all this time writing this just to speak of mages and Aeon? There other classes you know. You're not saying something new. Everyone know mages are overpowered right not, but you don't counter that by giving another class more powerful abilities. Moreover not all allies are out. If you see a "shadow Aeon" ally coming out the following days will you be able to back what you're saying here?

You say mages use spells. Yes they do. They are mages. But if they play a spell in their turn they obviously won't be able to play an ally. They will have to kill opponent's allies somehow, and if they use spell in the next turn to do so, they will run out of spells eventually. For me, allies win the games, not spells. If in my opening hand I have 2 Fireballs and 2 Aldon/Sandra, I won't throw away the allies, but the Fireball. Blake with Aldon deal 7 damage/turn for 5 cost, and you have two allies on board for the opponent to target instead of you. Allies buy you time, while spells are great as finishers. I believe we'll see allies that give +1 to health(perhaps in the shadow), which will make things more interesting. I'm not saying Elenentals are overpowered like mages are, but Energy Discharge is(IMO). I would like to see Energy Discharge deal to caster damage equal to half the health of the killed allies. It could even benefit the caster in some cases. Are you trying to say that Elementals are underpowered? Are you kidding me? Life Infusion, Mind Control, Transference.

EDIT: I'm sorry ZEREF if the tone of the post is more aggresive than it should, but I'm having a really, REALLY bad day. Again, sorry.
    I was having a really bad day yesterday and getting beaten by a few mages, (hate the portal sometimes) lowering my rating. I was still testing out my new elemental deck during that time. Its not that I forgot about the other classes.

What I want to say is that CURRENTLY it may seem to be overpowering right now (or its really overpowering) but I want see the new armors/weapons or other new cards out first before I discuss about energy discharge. I never said that elemental deck is underpowered but I do feel its power equal to a mage in some way.(The other classes such as the archer and so have no weapons/armor currently so they're not powerful yet, they may dramatically change into more powerful in the future)

*The New cards may change my decision that if this card is overpowering or not
    Last edited by ZEREF; 02-26-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    To survive in this era, I must crush and annihilate all opposing enimies. Mages are my sworn enemy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think this card is fine the way it is. i'm playing elementalis right now with it and i win half the time. zaladar isn't really able to take advantage of it more than once without threatening his life while even with elementalis it's more of a grind/milling deck where i usually end up with no cards left in my deck at the end. and most of the time where the game was neck and neck near the end of the deck I lost because of spells like fireball and lightning strike.

the thing about discharge is that you take fairly heavy damage waiting for your enemy to build up allies so the discharge will be worth it. at 5 cost it's already into what is usually the middle or late middle stage of the game where things get more complex. I played two Gravebones back to back with my sweeper deck and it was very tough to pull off. 1 lost and the other I would have won except I got a syncing error. Nothing like killing a bunch of allies only to see them all on the field 3 turns later.

not many people are playing warriors and no one is playing archers right now, but this thing will have no effect on equipment cards, which by the look of things are going to be very powerful with what i can see are the normal suggestions given on this forum.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play a Zaladar deck and have used this card a few times. I think the cost is fair considering it's a 1 sided board wipe, I also think -5 health to hero is a fair trade off for that. Do I think it should be a unique card? That depends. If Human Hero's can have 2 or more Aeons in their deck, should we not be able to have 2 more Energy Discharges? Yes, we should. Should we be able to have 4? No, as that's just not right to wipe your opponents side 4 times and still have say 3 or 4 health left.
    I like the Idea of making it unique but I think one should only be able to have 1 unique card (of the same type) in their deck at a time.
    On that note...I also feel like Tidal wave and Supernova should be in the same category.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XLegion View Post
    I play a Zaladar deck and have used this card a few times. I think the cost is fair considering it's a 1 sided board wipe, I also think -5 health to hero is a fair trade off for that. Do I think it should be a unique card? That depends. If Human Hero's can have 2 or more Aeons in their deck, should we not be able to have 2 more Energy Discharges? Yes, we should. Should we be able to have 4? No, as that's just not right to wipe your opponents side 4 times and still have say 3 or 4 health left.
    I like the Idea of making it unique but I think one should only be able to have 1 unique card (of the same type) in their deck at a time.
    On that note...I also feel like Tidal wave and Supernova should be in the same category.
    i run 3 discharges. makes me happy, i would be okay with 2 if my mind controls didn't cause aeons to glitch so badly. but since i don't pay and have to play quite a while i would like a refund on my extra supernovas and discharges please =)

i don't think it's that overpowered, i mean if your opponent is reckless enough to put an unneccessary amount of allies out (2+ aeons... alot of times along with ravens and such) then they deserved to be punished. punished! i say!
    Last edited by autumnleaf; 03-02-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This card is cool as is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This card honestly needs a nerf. Maybe it could be sorta like nishaven's ability, deal four damage to all opposing allies. It'd be enough to take out low to medium health allies, but wouldn't be able to kill fatties in one hit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It now requires one ally sacrifice on top of 5 damage to health. Your thoughts?