Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Renewal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Eternal Renewal

Eternal Renewal should be removed from game when used. It just makes more sense balance wise. Thoughts?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should use the already existing thread to discuss this card:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ternal-Renewal

Because: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....rd-Discussions
    Last edited by Ice; 04-03-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

Let it be known that Majiya is my favorite hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Antman, I won't agree with that. I don't disagree either. Set 1 isn't even complete yet, and keep in mind the advantage of this CCG being digital is nothing has to be banned. It can be adjusted. My response is "wait and see". Also, Majiya eats elementals. Where does their Eternal Renewal help with that?
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well as a Zaladar player I say NO!!!!!!!
    That said, I can see how in the current meta Renewal is a little ridiculous. That being said I still advocate waiting for the full 1st series of cards to be released before implementing a Nerf that would, if not break, then at least drastically reduce the efficiency of a large number of player's decks.

I have been playing TCG/CCG for a long time and if they do alter Eternal Renewal it will be up to me to find a way to compensate. Just like now, with things as they stand, it is up to other players to find a way to compete with Renewal. If you search these forums over the last few days there have been quite a few suggested decks which cause all kinds of headaches for Elemental decks.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this card just creates infinite loop, so it should be nerfed, simple. just played vs very interesting combo deck vs Katojay, great idea, but it's so slow. if the card can not be nerfed than at least there should be normal lobby so one can avoid such decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Ice Yeah, people just disregard that or something. They post all willy-nilly, especially when there's only one moderator that has more important things to worry about than forum clutter.

As for discussion on Eternal Renewal, my comments are there so I'm not going to re-discuss them here.
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 04-04-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: paragraphed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think it has any problems I dont understand what makes you think it should be removed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Games should never go long enough to the point where Eternal Renewal actually creates a loop. If you or your opponent ever play Eternal Renewal more than once in 1 game, someone's doing something wrong.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OMG I am having a difficult time against <insert deck/card name>!!! It must be banned/nerfed!!!!!!

Yes, sarcasm intended.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I hate this card...

Damn, while there's a little bit of luck involved, all it takes is getting a couple of "here there be monsters" and a couple of "eternal renewal" cards early on, and all you can do is sit there with pretty much zero resources and watch yourself get pounded silly... watching someone play eternal renewal every five or six hands while they go through the same cards each time is just a pisser.

It also makes bleeder decks pointless... which, given that you can't adapt to or choose your opponent, means that a certain percentage of games are essentially just automatic losses.