Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Energy Discharge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The phrase "enemy allies" is painful to read, maybe change to "opposing allies"?

One-sided board wipe is a huge deal, even with the self-damage it should probably win you the game. Think this should cost more, maybe 8? Probably make this rare.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This card is a joke. Kill an entire army for 5 damage. Seriously? The hero should take damage equal to half the total health of the kileed creatures. For example: You kill Aeon, Jasmine and Blake, and you take 8 damage. Don't tell me it isn't a fair trade.
    Or maybe 3 damage for each killed ally.
    Last edited by Anurak; 02-18-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it's a fairly balanced card as-is. Compared to Supernova or Tidal Wave, it seems better but I don't think by that much that it warrants a nerf.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So it is fair to wipe out 4-5 opponent allies as your opponent is about to win? It happened to me. I was prepared to deal another 11 damage to win and suddenly I was left with nothing. And the opponent was able to play 2 sparks on top of that. If he was playing an Elementalis deck he would be able to regain 5 life too. The only reason I managed to win was portal and a fireball. But that win left a bitter taste, because winning a game shouldn't be about who has or plays the most overpowered card.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, it's fair to wipe out 4-5 of the opponent's allies as your opponent is about to win. You need to use risk-assessment when playing your cards. Players should be aware of what cards the opponent has access to with his chosen class and assess what should be played when. I've played against my fair share of Supernovas, Tidal Waves, Energy Discharges, and Nishavens. If you put all your eggs in one basket, then I say you're 2 months early.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used an elemental deck and i don't like this card, its not very tactical. You can't use it late in the game though...i killed myself once hahaha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Yes, it's fair to wipe out 4-5 of the opponent's allies as your opponent is about to win. You need to use risk-assessment when playing your cards. Players should be aware of what cards the opponent has access to with his chosen class and assess what should be played when. I've played against my fair share of Supernovas, Tidal Waves, Energy Discharges, and Nishavens. If you put all your eggs in one basket, then I say you're 2 months early.
    If the opponent plays Zaladar, you can't just have a couple of allies down, because once his ability triggers he will wipe out at least 1 of them. You try to deal some damage before that happens. I find it more reasonable to take 8 damage when you deal 16!! (example above). While at the same time you avoid taking more than 8 damage in the future and you have enough resources to play a ally.
    Last edited by Anurak; 02-20-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Im total fine with it

Im using a elemental deck and im perfectly agreed that it's a balanced card but I do think that it should become a rare(or is rare already?). I think it's a fair trade to sacrifice 5hp to kill all enemies and cost 5 resources to use. It mostly depends on luck or how long you can SURVIVE to draw that card from your deck. It's a life saving card. But sometimes it doesn't work out well for mages-Example at bottom-

Would you say its fair when you fight against a mage which can use 5~6 different ability cards that damage your hero or allies with damage 2~4 or damage you by 1 per turn, without including the human ability card that does 3 damage, when your elements can only use allies to do damage(including hero "Zaladar" which does 3 dmg to 2 targets).
    -And mages get to use allies to attack too (of course)-

Having a card like "energy discharge" and its requirements to use is PERFECTLY FAIR and FINE to me.
    -Im a previously a mage too, I know how powerful they are(especially humans with Aeon)-

You know how aeon is so powerful that its a rare card now with the ability "Enemies can NOT attack your OTHER allies or hero" and I forgot what was the name of the one who takes NO damage from allies which is also human. Energy Discharge is just a way for us 'Elements' to survive.
    Last edited by ZEREF; 02-25-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    To survive in this era, I must crush and annihilate all opposing enimies. Mages are my sworn enemy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEREF View Post
    Im using a elemental deck and im perfectly agreed that it's a balanced card but I do think that it should become a rare(or is rare already?). I think it's a fair trade to sacrifice 5hp to kill all enemies and cost 5 resources to use. It mostly depends on luck or how long you can SURVIVE to draw that card from your deck. It's a life saving card. But sometimes it doesn't work out well for mages-Example at bottom-

Would you say its fair when you fight against a mage which can use 5~6 different ability cards that damage your hero or allies with damage 2~4 or damage you by 1 per turn, without including the human ability card that does 3 damage, when your elements can only use allies to do damage(including hero "Zaladar" which does 3 dmg to 2 targets).
    -And mages get to use allies to attack too (of course)-

Having a card like "energy discharge" and its requirements to use is PERFECTLY FAIR and FINE to me.
    -Im a previously a mage too, I know how powerful they are(especially humans with Aeon)-

You know how aeon is so powerful that its a rare card now with the ability "Enemies can NOT attack your OTHER allies or hero" and I forgot what was the name of the one who takes NO damage from allies which is also human. Energy Discharge is just a way for us 'Elements' to survive.
    You are really not making sense. You spent all this time writing this just to speak of mages and Aeon? There other classes you know. You're not saying something new. Everyone know mages are overpowered right not, but you don't counter that by giving another class more powerful abilities. Moreover not all allies are out. If you see a "shadow Aeon" ally coming out the following days will you be able to back what you're saying here?

You say mages use spells. Yes they do. They are mages. But if they play a spell in their turn they obviously won't be able to play an ally. They will have to kill opponent's allies somehow, and if they use spell in the next turn to do so, they will run out of spells eventually. For me, allies win the games, not spells. If in my opening hand I have 2 Fireballs and 2 Aldon/Sandra, I won't throw away the allies, but the Fireball. Blake with Aldon deal 7 damage/turn for 5 cost, and you have two allies on board for the opponent to target instead of you. Allies buy you time, while spells are great as finishers. I believe we'll see allies that give +1 to health(perhaps in the shadow), which will make things more interesting. I'm not saying Elenentals are overpowered like mages are, but Energy Discharge is(IMO). I would like to see Energy Discharge deal to caster damage equal to half the health of the killed allies. It could even benefit the caster in some cases. Are you trying to say that Elementals are underpowered? Are you kidding me? Life Infusion, Mind Control, Transference.

EDIT: I'm sorry ZEREF if the tone of the post is more aggresive than it should, but I'm having a really, REALLY bad day. Again, sorry.
    Last edited by Anurak; 02-25-2011 at 04:02 PM.