Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sitting on 365

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sitting on 365

Is there really any merit in finishing number one in the rankings if you reach say 365 and then sit on it for over half the month and don't play anymore hard competition games. Bobross mentioned this once in a post and I wondered really !! ?? Old Bob making things up. So I followed the number one guy each month for a while and he was right. A1 Otto7 seems to have the same idea. 'Manufacturing" a game against a 'lower opponent ' to keep it alive. Of course I don't blame him. I'd switch to my second account too to keep the lead. Who wouldn't ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you can reach 365 its already a good thing , he made this to be unforgotten , see my rating all over the month.. I am always above 325 at middle , right now 328 , at late no the rating rapidly fall due to my insane everyday play .. what can people like me do ?! You won't see me at hall of fame rankings a lot but at QM only .. some people wanna be in hall of fame

As for Otto ... they guy have manyyy money and won a full stock account what reason on earth can prevent him from doing this .. if he was poor like me he wouldn't ... ahhhh.... I sold my jeans to buy Ms foil
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ragosonos View Post
    ahhhh.... I sold my jeans to buy Ms foil
    Hahaha! hope you have a spare to wear.
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Game ratings are overrated. My Forum-ranking is 365, and I think this is a greater accomplishment.

I trust all of you having read my posts about the virtues of millstalker would all agree on my Forum-ranking

...as for those sitting on rank, shame on you. Play me. Don't be scared

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    Game ratings are overrated. My Forum-ranking is 365, and I think this is a greater accomplishment.

I trust all of you having read my posts about the virtues of millstalker would all agree on my Forum-ranking

...as for those sitting on rank, shame on you. Play me. Don't be scared
    I think that's it ...A1 Otto7 isn't playing because he doesn't want his ratings to drop... He's not playing because he's scared of going up against you .. What was your IGN again so I can avoid you as well ..?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you'll see this sort of thing among guilds too...there's a bit of cache in having several members of a specific guild sitting at high rankings and so some people will do things like get to a high rank and then switch accounts in order to put out a good image for their guild. I don't really care that there are people that sit on rankings like that, just pointed it out because it's a reason you need to take the rankings with a grain of salt. Look at the rankings, then look at a specific player...if they haven't played in 2 weeks, then that tells you something. It's less impressive to have a very high ranking, IMO than to have a high ranking that has been maintained through constant competition with similarly ranked players.

I think FDL developed a system to calculate rankings that's a bit more realistic, and takes into account games played. That's probably your best bet.

Something that just occurred to me would be to use a system like the tie-breaker system used in the WC regionals tournaments. Essentially each win was weighted by the final win-ratio of the opponent. If a system like this were used - it would be impossible to just capitalize on easy wins early in the season, as your opponents would finish with mediocre ranks, which would affect your own rank. The highest ranked players would then be the ones who had a strong win ratio against many high ranked opponents.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ragosonos View Post
    If you can reach 365 its already a good thing , he made this to be unforgotten.
    I agree. Reaching 365 is pretty impressive. Is it the highest yet ? If it is I'd certainly be holding onto it. It can only go down. I'm wondering who the next opponents will be

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i always think this is a funny conversation everytime it pops up. so lets ask that question, "wqhat would you do if you made it to the top of the rating?" thats where the big prize is at the end of the season. you name is always see so there is the recognition. and its just fun to be at the top.

and btw, most people have more than one account, and so of those alt accounts are in the top 100 as well.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    i always think this is a funny conversation everytime it pops up. so lets ask that question, "wqhat would you do if you made it to the top of the rating?" thats where the big prize is at the end of the season. you name is always see so there is the recognition. and its just fun to be at the top.

and btw, most people have more than one account, and so of those alt accounts are in the top 100 as well.
    I think I made my position pretty clear. I'd be doing exactly what A1 Otto7 is doing. And who knows if their alt accounts are in the Top 100 ?? Bobross was correct IMO when he said we need to take the top rankings with a grain of salt. He also said in a previous post that any player finishing Top 10 in both categories is more meritorious.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien Fungus View Post
    Is there really any merit in finishing number one in the rankings if you reach say 365 and then sit on it for over half the month and don't play anymore hard competition games. Bobross mentioned this once in a post and I wondered really !! ?? Old Bob making things up. So I followed the number one guy each month for a while and he was right. A1 Otto7 seems to have the same idea. 'Manufacturing" a game against a 'lower opponent ' to keep it alive. Of course I don't blame him. I'd switch to my second account too to keep the lead. Who wouldn't ?
    Playing against yourself on an alt account is cheating. Is that what you are saying Otto7 has done?