Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sitting on 365

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    yeah - pretty sure the ranking system already takes this into account. It actually really sucks when you're ranked 300+ and get paired with someone ranked much lower. This can happen if you play at very low traffic hours, particularly after an update if the update is not available on all devices. A win barely moves your score -if at all, whereas a loss will drop you by five points or more...considering there is an element of luck in the game, such games are not really desirable.

If they're custom games against other opponents - so not quickmatch games, they don't affect the ranking at all. These sorts of games could happen because of tournaments or because of friendly matches, or setting up custom matches with alternate accounts in order to test decks out. All of these are completely legitimate ways to play, and would not be reflected in the rankings.

I think you're conflating my point of - it's easier to gain rating in the early season with some sort of imagined ratings inflation that probably isn't happening. In either case, I'd leave Otto out of it...pretty sure he's not gotten his ranking by cheating.
    No this is a different issue Bob. I'm not accusing anyone of cheating. Lets make that clear, unless he's hacked into the system.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    so the issue as you claim is that he shouldn't be matched against someone much lower ranked - but we've already established that that's probably a created game - not a quick match and it doesn't affect his rating...so what is the issue?
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh man 365 Rating and here me trying to get 180+. I feel so sad and bad :d
    If you cant earn it,burn it.
    Newbie Member of ETC GUILD
    IGN- ETC VORPAL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    so the issue as you claim is that he shouldn't be matched against someone much lower ranked - but we've already established that that's probably a created game - not a quick match and it doesn't affect his rating...so what is the issue?
    There was no "issue" there was only an observation and a commentary. I apologise if it offended anybody. I must have misinterpreted what I read.
    Everything is hunky dory

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Just to confirm the games against SleepingDragon were custom ones and that's why they were able to play despite such huge rating range. Whilst the match-making is dynamic after a certain period of waiting, he should have no trouble being matched with someone around 250-ish.

Also want to confirm that the rating shown for a match is always the rating before that match finished, not what thei rating became as a result of it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it's fine. If you are the highest rated QM player, then everyone who will be paired with you will be lower in rank. A steady increase in rating means that your win streak has been consistent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BTW if you are directing your self to Otto I'd say my own believe ,
    OTTO is best QMer in this game because he plays aloooooooot and stand in 340 , for me once I crazy play I fall below 310 , I play more than Otto but I met Otto veryyy much times at QM , he plays really a lot and his rating is high still , that's talking about previous seasons ans it was 340+ ...

For this season I'd say that maybe he was happy for reaching 365 first time to decided he will make the alt account idea which I was doing if in his place

In his place e means have alt accounts ..
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 Ragosonos.

A1 otto is indeed one of the best player ingame. However i would say too that he used to play a lot coz i couldn't see him anywhere in top 100 highest scoring players

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem with the current system is it can catapult players far too high from their initial string of 10-15 games - Earning 20-80 points per win. Lots of players are gifted an unnaturally inflated rank.

Then after this initial run players become 'set' at a particular rank .

Once players are 'set' moving upwards and downwards is incredibly slow and takes a huge number of games at a high winning or losing percentage to make a small change in rank. i.e players have to GRIND to increase their rank even if they are playing many games at a high winning percentage.

Winning should feel rewarding.

Once players are 'set' you can beat players above you for a ranking increase of 1 point or players below you for zero points. Hence winning games can feel underwhelming and unrewarding.

This system punishes players that want to try out new heros/cards/decks/strategies early in the season and then climb the ranks later in the season.

The two issue here are:

1. players are gifted inflated ranks far too easily from their initial string of games after the ladder reset. The initial run holds far too much weight.

2. Once players are 'set' the system is too miserly. The system needs to be more fluid in terms of rating increases and decreases so that winning feels rewarding and players don't feel punished for trying out new strategies. After the initial run, games do not hold enough weight.
    Accounts: Solymr , R federer
    * hit me up for practice games if you like

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about rating decay guys? Don't play, lose points.

Otto, plays quite a bit, and just getting to that high rating shows it.

Hell, I've bern in the top of the ladder once, and that was enough for me, but only being in top 100 do you get a prize , so rating means little.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread