Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Praxix

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Praxix

Praxix is really a poorly conceived hero. Whoever came up with the idea and whoever actually approved it should not touch any of card design ever again. This hero either you play with abilities to mill your opponent, which defeats its ability's purpose, or you play quite amount of allies to maximize your ability but forget about milling. Either way it's a glass half full and one way conflicts another, making it a non competitive hero. On top if that you have to play a highly luck based game AND at the same time work out your math carefully. You can win easily against a 300 rating as you lose as easily against a 200 rating.

Unless or until you have ally cards that serve as mill ability as well aka the human Squire ally and pretty good one at that (at the same time not making another strong Elemental hero even stronger, I will bet no you can't) it's going to be a just a jester hero to be jeered at.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is possible to use Praxix at a high level without milling or filling your deck with tons of allies. The key really is knowing which cards to hold on to since the risk of discarding key cards (Soul Reaper and Anti-matter in particular) always exists. I've been hovering around 300+ with a 48 card Praxix for the past month or so without milling, and have a normal amount of allies. I've found his ability can really screw with players' strategy quite a bit.

I do agree though that something should be done to improve him, as the deck I'm using is still very chance based and took a loooooong time to "master." It isn't an accessible hero and something (I'm not sure what) definitely should be done to make him more user friendly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    TL;DR whatever that guy up there said ^ Pretty sure he was calling you a nub.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If your deck "is still very chance based" and you can keep it at high level I don't feel good about the skill vs luck debate in this game, no?

Have to say I lost whatever patience to test more after losing certain games.
    Last edited by Zyraquis; 04-07-2015 at 03:13 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, Praxix sucks...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He is indeed very hard to do right, but I think with right cards in future sets they could make him better. I personally like him just because he provides something different. The fact that he can mill (something no other hero can truly do on its own) makes him unique, and something I would certainly like to see made effective.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    TL;DR whatever that guy up there said ^ Pretty sure he was calling you a nub.
    I definitely wasn't calling him a noob. I've played Zyraquis several times and he's a kickass player. I was just pointing out that it's possible to play Praxix at a high level without milling or filling your deck with allies; it's just a bitch to get right. With a few more cards in his favor Praxix could be very fun to play with instead of every match being a grueling 15 minute fight to the finish.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyraquis View Post
    If your deck "is still very chance based" and you can keep it at high level I don't feel good about the skill vs luck debate in this game, no?

Have to say I lost whatever patience to test more after losing certain games.
    I wouldn't say it's *very* chance based, but chance is definitely a factor. When I see King's Pride discarded it changes my strategy, and when I see all of my Soul Reapers discarded it changes my strategy. To me that's why Praxix is fun, because it's challenging but still very effective. You just have to play it a lot. I've actually tried using the same deck with Zaladar to experiment but it wasn't nearly as effective. The discard does affect your opponent and makes them adjust their strategy.

I'd love to see some other cards that help him out though. There are so many possibilities.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba1thazzarr View Post
    I definitely wasn't calling him a noob. I've played Zyraquis several times and he's a kickass player. I was just pointing out that it's possible to play Praxix at a high level without milling or filling your deck with allies; it's just a bitch to get right. With a few more cards in his favor Praxix could be very fun to play with instead of every match being a grueling 15 minute fight to the finish.
    I love watching you play Prax, it's very inspiring I've learned a lot about him and I can definitely say he has a lot of potential. It may seem like his choices are very limited right now, but if you think outside the box you'll find a lot of cool stuff you can do with him.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He's definately the most luck-based hero out there. But somehow he's still doing better than a handful of other heroes...

Perhaps we will see more cards with on-discard abilities in the future. Maybe one day it will be possible to completely fill one's deck with such cards.
    PK Love