Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zaladar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like him just the way he is, the 4 cost of the ability keeps him from being over powered. I did however find a problem that when using his ability against a single ally and Hero (who I can't attack due to a protection card) there is no cancel button, so I have to use it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no, it's definitly a bug. I've figured it out:

If Zaladar can use his ability and only the hero is out, but doesn't ((for whatever reason)) Zaladar cannot use his ability again till the opponent has an ally on his side that Zaladar can target

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I use my AI Zaladar grind deck daily and I've always shot just the hero, when applicable, to shave time off the grueling grind. If that's the cause, I think it's more complicated than just opponent not having any allies out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Zaladar and all the other heroes with DD ability should have their abilities reduced. Compare to Zhanna which can heal 3 points to herself every 3 turns. Imagine if these were cards:

3 resource, heal your hero for 3 points
    4 resource, do 3 damage to 2 different targets

Zaladar's ability is like Lightning Strike but if Zhanna's ability was a card no one in their right mind would use it. DD is way better than healing in this game, plus you can't even heal your allies with Zhanna's ability! I think Zaladar's ability should be changed to:
    3: Deal 1 damage to 2 target heroes and/or allies
    or:
    4: Deal 3 damage divided any way you choose to heroes and/or allies

Zhanna's ability should be changed to be able to target an ally and prevent the next 2 or 3 damage done to them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Too many little tweaks and errata just annoy players who know what a card USED to do, but not anymore.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zaladar will probably need a nerf to stay inline with Eladwen's nerf in 1.24, but I wouldn't say as drastic as the ones Craig mentioned.

My poor Zaladar. He used to be so kickass with the ability to deal 2 damage to any 2 targets, even if they're the same target.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think he'll need the nerf to stay in touch after eladwin is nerfed, as she can still deal 4 damage (enough to take out most allies in one go) where Zaladar can only do 3 damage to any 2 targets. (enough to take out only the weakest of the human ally cards.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If he needs a nerf if Elad gets a nerf, maybe that's a sign she doesn't need one?

There'll ALWAYS be top cards.. if you nerf them, then there are new top cards. And then what. Nerf those too?

OR just make other strong cards and let the meta balance out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think this card and eladwin are fine the way they are. the thread on don't nerf eladwin is right, it's really because humans have wayy too many good allies and shadows have nothing to make up for it. our 2 cost guys are in radically different leagues and then there's that epic hero guy of theirs....it's nice to discharge 3 of them at once though =).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    If he needs a nerf if Elad gets a nerf, maybe that's a sign she doesn't need one?
    The whole game doesn't evolve around Eladwen and Zaladar. ALL the heroes should be taken into account for balancing. Perhaps they both need to be nerfed, other heroes need boosting, or both? And I'm not opposed to some abilities or cards being stronger than others as long as a class has other weaknesses to balance it out as a whole. The hero mages being able to cast a free fireball plus an ally on turn 3, or a free Tidal Wave after turn 4 is a really strong ability. But where are the mage's weaknesses? They have great DD, great allies, card drawing, board clearing, and the broken (in my mind) Portal. One or more of those has got to give. Like if they didn't have Research/Bazaar/Bad Santa it would be better cause they'd start out really strong but then be in danger of running out of cards to play.

Elementals are better designed to me since they have some interesting unique abilities that are quite good like stealing creatures and wiping just opponent's board, but they aren't great at everything like the mages are. The only negatives IMO are it's too cheap to wipe opponent's board, and Zaladar's ability is too strong. You should be able to play Lightning Strike OR a 4 drop ally on turn 4, but not both unless there's some kind of drawback involved.

It has been said numerous times that we should wait to get all 200 base cards out before we start suggesting changes. It could be that all the good cards for mages have been released, and the next update will mostly focus on priests, the next on hunters, etc. I guess from a business perspective that sort of makes sense, but it doesn't make a good experience for the players. I actually can't understand why hunters were even released at all so far, not being usable and all. While I don't think it's ideal to make changes before all the cards are released, the fact is people are playing the game now, and judging by how things are going so far, it's going to be quite a while before all 200 base cards are out. And if balancing is started now, that can help set a precedent for balancing cards that come out in the future.

Ultimately, I think the most important aspect for the game, short and long term, is how much fun it is to play. If you start balancing the game now, that shouldn't take away any fun in the long term, and will potentially make the game much more fun in the short term.