Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Figure

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadow Figure

A thing. Sorry if it's something people have suggested already.

Shadow Figure - 1cc Shadow Ally - 2/1

Shadow Figure can be played from Exile.

When Shadow Figure enters play, opposing heroes lose one health and your hero gains one health.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A little too aggressive for a 1cc don't you think?
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The card wouldn't be played if it was 2cc 2/1 or 2cc 2/2 so I think it's fine enough. It does push the boundaries a bit but I think the +1 attack, the ability to be cast from Exile and the enter's play effect are about as good as Haste right now and I don't think it's too easy to break the card. Stat-wise it straight up dies to Kris and it has a hard time killing most 2s as well.

I would love to see synergies with this card and I wanted it to be attractive enough to see play, which 1ccs generally don't get.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm thinking of it in terms of every other deck that doesn't use Krys or Frostmare (a lot of decks). It's a guaranteed 5 damage by turn 3 when going first (since it can't kill anything) AND your opponent has to waste a turn killing it with his own ally.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reversed firesnake? You cracked the code of OP boundraries. Works with weenie rush I guess
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Too much value for 1cc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's a conditional Fireball + 1 damage to the nose if it isn't dealt with until the opposing 3rd turn, if you went first. If you didn't, it's 3. If the opponent kills it on their second turn, it's 3 if you went first and 1 if you went 2nd. A potential of 3 damage when going 2nd isn't that great when the card has little to no other functionality in aggressive decks. In synergy-based decks this card probably isn't too strong either because they tend to be a bit slower.

Also, if this card isn't good going first, I don't think there is a chance for this card to be played tbh. I think we need more attractive 1cc options for decks that want them, in all forms (item, ability, ally, aggro, control, whatever).

There are a decent amount of 2cc options that deal with this card ranging from Crippling Blow to Now You're Mine to Hunter's Gambit and cards similar to those.

There aren't enough 1cc options against these types of cards, that's true, but that's true for 1cc cards in general.

I can see this being a bit stronger than Kris so if you see Kris as being too strong for 1cc, then clearly this is as well. As always, I'm open for suggestions.
    Last edited by Airact; 02-07-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A 2/1 for (1) already seems like it might be too good. Then add the life gain of Priest of the Light, plus only a one-sided version of Sunblighted One... wait, you said a cost of (1)? You HAVE seen what (1) buys you in Shadow Era, right? Because it ain't this.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    A 2/1 for (1) already seems like it might be too good. Then add the life gain of Priest of the Light, plus only a one-sided version of Sunblighted One... wait, you said a cost of (1)? You HAVE seen what (1) buys you in Shadow Era, right? Because it ain't this.
    I actually had to check my suggestion again because I didn't remember it.

Anyway, I have seen what 1cc buys me: Mostly (anything not Kris or Shriek of Vengeance) unplayable things. So I pushed the power level, this is the response and now I kinda know what to go for next time.

I wanted the card to be good specifically in aggro decks and more synergy based aggressive decks that could abuse the "can be cast from exile" clause and the drain ability. I could definitely see it being a 1/1 for 1 but then I don't see a reason for decks to play it when Kris is in the game, and you can't play both.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadow Figure

Well wait, how would the play from exile ability work? I totally missed that among his OTHER perks, lol. I mean, being able to play him from exile, the game, I don't think, is even coded to be able to recognize cards that have been "removed" from it.

And, I see you trying to make the cost (1) allies more powerful because they often suck, but realistically, the (1)s aren't an individual measure of power. (3) may get you Gargoyle, but (1) does NOT get you a Gargoyle/3 (as in, one third the overall effectiveness and value of a Gargoyle - I'd rather have one Gargoyle on the board than 3x Firesnakes, in almost any scenario.)

My point is there's a power curve for allies that starts VERY low at (1), ramps up a bit at (2), really shines at (3), and although cards continue to get strong as their cost increases to (4+), that increase in power is a case of diminishing returns, getting less and less value per resource spent.

IMO, the power bell curve for cost : power ramps up quickly and is peaked at (3), and then gradually declines as ally cost increases.

The above opinion is written specifically about allies, and does not necessarily hold true for abilities, where I find the cost : power ratio to be much more linear across the different costs.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 03-03-2015 at 03:20 PM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.