Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by keifersdad View Post
    That makes perfect sense. That's not how I understood it when I was trying to use it before. Of course, that was like my first hour playing.

the only thing is that after making the changes you suggested I had 2 slots left to hit 40. For now, I put the snares back in, but if you have any other suggestions I'm all ears.
    Do as you wish Experimenting is part of the fun in this game.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you SO much, Ganjamus. Your tweaks have made a huge difference. I won something like 8 of my last 10 games. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm really loving this deck. However, I find I'm having a lot of trouble against Wulven decks. They're able to get allies out seemingly at will, and they replace them as fast as I can kill them. They also seem to be able to do tons of damage against me with everything they play.

An example is a game I just played against Sideye. He quit so it showed up as a win for me, but I think it was just a matter of time before he won.

Is there a specific strategy I should be using, or is that just a bad matchup?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No Victor can beat an Allied Wulven deck.

Add 2 more snare traps and hope you get thier Shamen in those traps. Once thier exiled it kills the Shaman loop which is where all the allies keep coming from. You can also add Spirit Warden and use its ability to kill the loop. Also Grundlers Double can attack hidden allies so it's a good anti MoonStalker weapon .
    Then disable as many of thier fatties as you can. It's not easy but I play a Wulven deck and Victor can be a real pain!

In not sure what you should remove to tech this out but you'll find a combo that works.
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 02-07-2015 at 10:41 PM.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post

Add 2 more snare traps and hope you get thier Shamen in those traps. Once thier exiled it kills the Shaman loop which is where all the allies keep coming from. You can also add Spirit Warden and use its ability to kill the loop. Also Grundlers Double can attack hidden allies so it's a good anti MoonStalker weapon .
    Then disable as many of thier fatties as you can. It's not easy but I play a Wulven deck and Victor can be a real pain!

In not sure what you should remove to tech this out but you'll find a combo that works.
    vs snare wouldn't most just be sure to sac 3cc allies to the snare and save their shamans?
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post

w0t. i see victor as an MS counter. those shamans? free gambits and hasted allies then just ability any fatty MS tries to put down. Drop a big protector like aeon and seal the game. Board overwhelmed? Spirit shuriken will mow them down, oh but dread wolf has ha- Braxonian Soldier.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by keifersdad View Post
    Thank you SO much, Ganjamus. Your tweaks have made a huge difference. I won something like 8 of my last 10 games. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help.
    Glad I could help! Against allied Wulven, Shamans are basically free draw with Gambit. Fatties should be a non-issue with your ability and their haste creatures are fairly weak aside from Lightning Hunter. It all comes down to predicting what their next move is because once you get overwhelmed, Victor has a hard time coming back.

I saw your match against Sideye and I just have to remind you that your Bobcat gets Haste AND Ambush when you use a Hunter ability. Ambush lets you attack an ally or a hero without them attacking back. There was a point where you could have attacked either of his two allies but you chose not to. I can understand not wanting to attack the allies, but you also chose to not even attack the Bloodfang.

Another piece of advice; Do not use Hunter's Gambit unless you know for sure you can kill the ally that turn. In your match against Zhanna that actually cost you the game because you only had to wait a turn to kill him with the Victor ability + Gambit combo. I also found it weird that you attacked the Aldon with your Crusader considering it put you in an even worse situation by leaving her open to Aldon's attack.

Are you sacrificing crucial cards at the beginning of the match? Remember to always sacrifice expensive cards in the first 2 unless you know for sure you are going to need it that match. Early on, allies matter more or at the very least something to hold them back like Snare Trap/Poison Arrow. Soul Seeker isn't priority against Zhanna (Priests in general) because they can just blow it up with Focused Prayer. Keeping Dawn Raid was a good choice, it destroys her two main cards, Wizent's Staff and Glass Chalice of Knowing.

As you play more and more you'll start remembering what's important to keep against certain decks and how to play around them.
    Last edited by Ganjamus; 02-08-2015 at 03:37 AM.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...