Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Anybody wanna give some feedback?

I play under the trapper and was just playing corellan. I was very close to winning, but couldn't get the offense at the end of the game to finish her off. I'm wondering if I missed opportunities earlier in the game, or if having different cards in my deck might have made a difference.

I'd love for you to take a look and rip it apart for me.

Thanks again for all your help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it was a bad matchup, but I did question some of your choices...

1. Playing A Legend Rises T4 over an ally without anything disabling your Aldon
    It would have been better to play Tainted Oracle first and then played ALR on T5 to keep your Aldon out of range of her Cutlass. I'm thinking you confused Sword Thief's effect with an attachment ability.

2. Attacking with Aldon first and then attacking with Oracle when she had a Cutlass on the field
    Always kill off your weaker allies if you're forced to attack into a weapon (especially if that ally gives you draw for dying) UNLESS you have a lot of fat allies and can break the weapon with their butts before you kill anything off. I know you couldn't have expected that Ley Line Nexus, but killing off your Oracle should be priority if you want to fish for item destruction. That would have saved your Aldon from 2 damage.

3. Playing Aeon when she had Garb and Anklebreaker out
    You used all your resources only to summon an ally that had two counters already on the field waiting for it. I can't tell if you had anything better in hand, though.

4. Using your ability on Night Owl
    You apparently didn't have anything to kill it off (Gambit/Poison Arrow) so it was essentially a waste of your ability.

Overall, it was a bad matchup and I can't think of anything you could have done to put that match in your favor. There isn't enough item destruction you can put in your deck to counter a Serena with 8 weapons. Can you post your deck?
    Last edited by Ganjamus; 02-07-2015 at 04:31 AM.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for all the tips. They're really helpful. I'd be thrilled to post my deck here. How would I do that?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I totally understand all the points you've made, but I do have one question. I used my ability on night owl hoping to get a card from my grave yard that I could use. I didn't have anything else that was of use. Should I have just saved it, hoping to draw a decent card on my next turn, or done something else entirely?

Thanks again for being so willing to help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by keifersdad View Post
    I totally understand all the points you've made, but I do have one question. I used my ability on night owl hoping to get a card from my grave yard that I could use. I didn't have anything else that was of use. Should I have just saved it, hoping to draw a decent card on my next turn, or done something else entirely?

Thanks again for being so willing to help.
    Well, I know it's hard to keep track of what goes into your graveyard but I just found it weird that there was actually nothing in there after you had gone through almost 3/4 of your deck. You can always look through your graveyard to see what's in there before using your ability. That's what I wanted you to post your deck because nothing going back to your hand with your ability is very weird to see in a Victor deck. I would have just passed the turn if there was nothing else to do.

To post your deck just simply type it all out.

Also I rephrased my second point because I realized I made a mistake there.
    Last edited by Ganjamus; 02-07-2015 at 04:32 AM.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, that's easy. Here's my current deck. I changed a couple of cards after the last game, but it's 99% the same deck.

Victor:

4X Dirk Saber
    3X Aldon
    4X Tainted Oracle
    2X Aeon Stormcaller
    2X Bad Santa (just added)
    2X Ley Line Nexus
    3x Soul Seeker
    4X Artful Squire
    2X Snare Trap
    4X A Legend Rises
    3X Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    4X Hunter's Gambit
    2X Dawn Raid

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, I think I see the problem now.

1. You have WAY too much tech against items. 4 Artful Squire is too much especially when you already have 2 Dawn Raid. I would either keep the Dawn Raids and remove all your Squires or just keep 1 Squire and 2 Dawn Raids.

2. 4 A Legend Rises is also too much. You really only need 2.

3. Dirk Saber isn't all that good since he only has 2 HP. Consider replacing with Puwen or Champion of Irum or a mix of both.

4. Aldon isn't doing much in this deck since you kinda lack lots of 2-3cc allies. Add some more allies like Spirit Warden or Jasmine Rosecult.

5. You don't need Bad Santa. 4 Tainted Oracles and 4 Gambits are enough. Hell, 4 Gambits should be enough to be honest. Feel free to cut off some Oracles if you want to, but they're good against decks that don't run a lot of allies where Gambit isn't good.

6. Cut 1 Viska.

7. If you want to run 2cc allies it might be a good idea to invest into Poison Arrow instead of Snare Traps. If you don't want to run 2cc allies then run Snare over Poison.

8. You need Bobcats! Zailen Crusader is also a great 3cc ally that combos well with Bobcat. Turn 3 Crusader, Turn 4 Bobcat + Gambit.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is awesome feedback. I'm going to start making these changes as soon as I have the in game money to buy the new cards. I do have one really stupid question,though. I tried Zailen Crusader in my very first version of this deck. I don't really understand what it does, or how I should use it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zailen Crusader makes your first attachment used every turn cost 2 less. Basically, if you have one on the field then your first Hunter's Gambit will cost 0 resources to play. If A Legend Rises is your first attachment played that turn, then it only costs 2. I hope I'm making sense.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That makes perfect sense. That's not how I understood it when I was trying to use it before. Of course, that was like my first hour playing.

the only thing is that after making the changes you suggested I had 2 slots left to hit 40. For now, I put the snares back in, but if you have any other suggestions I'm all ears.