Close

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

BP proudly presents: The War Games

So what you were waiting for so long it is finally here!!
    Originally designed by Colosal; format, rules, images, everything..
    A few tweaks in the rules by Lorgi and myself..
    Everything is now ready for the greatest war the World has ever seen..

BP proudly presents:

The greatest battle is about to start, are you going to miss it? Fight for your land and conquer the World!

You are the King of your lands but your informants tell you that enemies are gathering in the frontier to attack your domains. Your country is in danger and only your generals can defend it. Call your heroes to save your kingdom!

After pushing back the invading hordes, you saved your country and now you seek revenge on those that dared to attack you. Conquer their lands to become the greatest King in the history!

Attack other lands and defend your country from the enemy hordes! Pangea is waiting for the bravest warrior to become the new King!

Sponsored by Wulven and Warriors of the Blue Phoenix:
    King of the World --------- > 1250 + 750 SC
    King of West --------------- > 500 + 500 SC (for the first King)
    ------------- > 500 SC (for the second King)
    King of East ---------------- > 500 + 500 SC (for the first King)
    ------------- > 500 SC (for the second King)

Challenges:
    Rampage: 200 SC for the player with the longest winning streak in wars (random winner in case of a tie)
    Retirement: 100 SC for the player with the longest losing streak in wars (random winner in case of a tie)
    Armored: 200 SC for the player with the longest no-losing streak in games while defending (random winner in case of a tie)
    Peacemaker: 100 SC for the player with the most draws in games (random winner in case of a tie)
    Navigator: 200 SC for the first player who owns at least one country per continent
    Comeback: 300 SC for any player who conquers Frozen or Tropical continent after being left with only 2 Generals

Format:
    1- We’ll have a map of The World divided in Countries (Pangea: see next post). You’ll own 1 country from where you can attack and defend. The starting country will be randomly determined. Every country you own will have your pin to make it clear for everybody who is the King of that land.
    2- You must pick 6 heroes (3 to attack and 3 to defend). From this point you can’t change these heroes, but you can capture more every time you defeat an opponent.
    3- You can challenge any player following the Rules of Heroes.
    Rules of Heroes: Special abilities that your hero has in order to move between countries. See Format #8 for details.
    4- You battle in a best of 5 with no locks. You play only with your Generals. You can declare a war by posting in this thread who you are attacking and following the rule #2.
    Generals: These are your active heroes. Initially they are the ones you chose before the start of the tournament, 3 to attack and 3 to defend. Or if you've captured more heroes, some of the original Generals might have been replaced according to Rule #1.
    5- Penalties and prizes for conquering or losing a war:
    a) If you attack another country and win, you can claim this new land as yours and kick the former occupant to exile. You can also capture any 2 of his Generals (only those that you don’t have in your list of Generals).
    b) In case you attack and lose, your opponent has the right to ban 2 of your attacking Generals.
    c) If you lose a war either on attack or defense, you’ll have to replace the banned or captured heroes with heroes that you captured before. If you don't have any, then you can move up to 2 heroes from defense to attack or vice versa (but not in both directions); keeping a minimum of 1 Defender and 1 Attacker. You should declare this after your war ends.
    6- When you lose all your lands, you are out of the tournament (unless you have hero abilities to get a new land). Another way to lose is when all your Generals were captured. You need at least 1 Defender and 1 Attacker to stay in the game.
    7- Winner is the one that conquers all the countries and becomes the King in The World (excluding any neutral countries left). King of West is the one that conquers all countries at GMT- zone (including countries at GMT+0; max of 17 countries). King of East is the one that conquers all countries at GMT+ zone (excluding countries at GMT+0; max of 15 countries).
    8- Each class of heroes has special powers that will let you move around the globe or performance some good recovering moves. You can use as many heroes abilities as you want at a battle, with the exception of Rule #3.

Warriors: You can attack a land in GMT- zone (West, including GMT+0).
    Hunters: You can change your Hunter hero for any other Hunter hero for one game only during a war (either attacking or defending).
    Mages: You can cross 1 Sea and attack a country in the coast of the Sea you crossed. This only happens if you own a country with a harbor in that sea (see map of Pangea for eligible targets depicted in red dashed lines).
    Priests: You can change/move up to 3 heroes in your defense by the same number of heroes in your attack after a war.
    Rogues: You can get back one of the heroes captured in your last war if your opponent (the one that captured your heroes) loses his/her next war. He/She won’t lose the hero but you can add it anyway as if it was a clone.
    Wulvens: If you lose all your countries, you can get a neutral land of your choice for a second chance. Triggers on hero selection (you can't lose it even if you lost your hero).
    Elementals: You can attack a land in GMT+ zone (East, including GMT+0).

Rogues' and Wulvens' abilities are additive.

Rules:
    1- You must pick 6 heroes and PM them to me (Holy Punisher); 3 heroes to attack and 3 heroes to defend. Hero lock (limited to your declared and captured Generals) and NO deck lock throughout the tournament. Captured heroes can replace any other hero in your list of attackers or defenders and you must report this in the thread once a war ends.
    2- All battles are best of 5 with no locks. In the first X games both players should use X different heroes, where X is the minimum number of heroes between the attackers and the defenders. Start is random, alt, random, alt, random.
    3- Challenging another opponent: You first take in consideration the abilities of your attacking heroes. Once you decide who to attack, you post in this thread “I declare war to Holy Punisher”, this makes it official. Even if you meet your opponent in the IRC, you must post the challenge before playing.
    Once the War is over, winner must report here following Clarification #1.
    4- You can attack and defend at the same time, but not against the same opponent. You can declare War to one opponent at a time and you can defend from one opponent at a time (the first one posting here to declare War will have priority). So, you can't attack an opponent already under attack! In case of multiple territories, if their King wants, he/she can defend each of them from a different opponent at the same time.
    5- After a war is declared in this thread, the challenged King has 4 days to answer and 10 extra days to finish the match. For every extra day (after the original 4) that the challenger doesn't get an answer, the challenged King will lose 1 random hero in his/her defense (I’ll make a draw every extra day at midnight GMT+0). After the challenger gets an answer and sets a date to battle, you’ll have 10 days to finish (which makes 14 days since the war was declared). If you don't manage to play in this time limit, you will lose your involved lands as if you both lost the war. Extensions can be granted only on special occasions.
    6- Everything must be declared in this thread: War declaration, results, captured heroes, delays in answers from your opponent, etc. If it’s not posted here, IS NOT OFFICIAL.
    7- You can’t attack a neutral land. Neutral lands are those without a King.
    8- After the end of your last war, you have 3 days to attack a new country (if able). If you haven't done so, you will lose one land randomly. This doesn't apply if you have a war in progress.
    9- Each player is allowed to declare a new war only after 7 days of his last attack declaration.
    10- If a player is left without any Warriors/Mages/Elementals in his Generals, he is allowed to get one captured or banned hero back if he wins 3 consecutive wars in defending.

Special thanks to Colosal for designing this tournament!
    And a big thanks to Lorgi and Ururt for helping me to refine the rules and run it!

Registration closed!
    Last edited by BP Holy Punisher; 03-28-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Clarifications:
    0- ALL DECLARED WARS SHOULD BE COMPLETED! THEY SHOULD BE PLAYED WITH THE HERO LINEUP WHEN THEY WERE ANNOUNCED!
    1- @Rule #1: Announcement of the war results and captured heroes should be done by the winner:
    "Superman 3 - 2 Aquaman
    I captured Lance and Majiya. Lance will be my attacker and Amber my defender replacing X and Z heroes".
    If the losing party wants to change his Generals, he also has to post here the changes.
    "I put Boris and Praxix from my captured list to replace my banned/captured heroes"
    2- @Rule #2: If the attacking party has 2 Attackers and the defending party 3 Defenders, both players should use 2 different heroes for the first 2 games. So in this case, the defending party can use any 2 of the 3 heroes in his/her defense for the first 2 games. After that both players can play any hero they want from the involved Generals.
    3- @Rule #8: The only acceptable reason to not attack a new country is if you don't have any attacking Generals that allow you to attack.
    4- @Format #5c: If you lose a war and get 2 attacking heroes banned or captured, you can move up to 2 heroes from defense to attack. However, if you get 1 attacking and 1 defending hero captured, you can only move 1 hero from defense to attack OR 1 hero from attack to defense. You can't do both because it will compromise Priests' ability.
    5- @Format #8: GMT- zone is the West (left side of the map) and GMT+ zone is the East (right side of the map). GMT zone is irrelevant for Mages' ability. Lands as targets are the countries in the same continent.

e.g. King of Fendor has Tala, Zaladar and Nishaven as attacking heroes.
    Tala allows you to attack lands GMT- zone (including GMT+0), i.e. Chankro, Alexandria, Frozen Kingdom and Icedesert.
    Zaladar allows you to attack lands GMT+ zone (including GMT+0), i.e. Quilmes, Tiberoa, Alexandria, Frozen Kingdom and Icedesert.
    Nishaven allows you to attack by sea following the "red" routes, i.e. Winhill and Estaquia.

Questions & Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTICAR View Post
    Question:
    On attack and defense... do i understand it right that a player must use all of his available heroes within the best of 5? Like say i have Boris, Amber and Tala as my attackers... game 1 i use Amber, game 2 i must use either Boris or Tala, and on game 3 i must use the remaining hero?
    That's almost right. This is the case when you and your opponent have 3 heroes each for the battle.
    I will give a scenario:
    Player A has 3 attacking heroes and 3 defending heroes as his Generals.
    Player B has 2 attacking hero and 3 defending heroes as his Generals, because he had two heroes captured and he got one back from Rogue's ability.

So if Player A attacks Player B, both have to use 3 different heroes in the first 3 games.
    If Player B attacks Player A, both have to use 2 different hero in the first two games.

This happens because the Attacker fights with his attacking heroes and the Defender with his defending heroes. If someone has less heroes than his opponent, he should have a disadvantage because otherwise he can expect the opposing heroes for more rounds resulting in better teching.

So the conclusion is that you have to play as many different heroes as both you and your opponent can at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdnine View Post
    i had dis doubt
    it is mentioned dat the 3 attackers heroes ability will come in play for the general capture and land capture thing...so suppose all 3 heroes are of different class..den which class's ability to use?
    Any ability of your attacking Generals can be used when declaring a war. Actually this is the point, to have different heroes so you can get advantage of their abilities.
    When you capture heroes, you can capture anyone you want including same class heroes. The only restriction is that you can't capture heroes that you already have.

Example, you have Tala, Nishaven and Jericho as attacking and Bloodfang, Serena and Praxix as defending heroes.
    You can choose to attack a country by using either Tala's or Nishaven's ability since Priests don't give you an attacking option. If you win you can capture Amber, Boris, etc anyone you want except of your stated 6 heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyz View Post
    I don't quite understand how the hero abilities work. Say I have a warrior, hunter, and elemental as my attackers. It says i can use the hunter ability when attacking, but how am I supposed to do that when I had to use the warrior/elemental ability to attack in the first place?

edit: i guess my question is: can i use all of the abilities of my attacking classes in a war or just 1?
    Ok I will add this to clarifications. Yes you can use all of your Generals ability at war. The only restriction is that you only use attacking heroes abilities to declare a war. Moreover, Rogues and Priests abilities trigger at the end of the war.

Example:
    Player A has Tala, Eladwen, Banebow on attack and Zhanna, Lance, Elementalis on defense.
    When he declares a war he can use either Tala's or Eladwen's ability to find an eligible target. He can't use Elementalis' ability because he is on DEFENSE! That's the case only when declaring a war.
    During the war he can use Banebow's ability and lets say he decided to use Victor for one of the games. So he could have used Eladwen, Victor, Tala, Tala for his 4 games. So he didn't use his Banebow at all! (Sidenote: if he wanted to play a Hunter again, he could only play Banebow after game 2).
    When the war ends and lets say Player A won, he reports:
    "Player A 3-1 Player B
    I captured Zaladar and Skervox. Zaladar replaces Tala and Skervox replaces Lance."
    Then he can "activate" the rest of the hero abilities:
    "I swap Banebow with Elementalis" (using Zhanna's ability)
    But he can't use Lance's ability anymore, since he is not an active General.
    Last edited by BP Holy Punisher; 02-17-2015 at 07:10 PM.
    Greatness, Reborn

BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Participants (Forum name / IGN): Generals (Attack; Defense)
    1) Dakh / BP Dakh (+1) : Amber, Loest, Banebow ; Moonstalker, Serena, Victor
    2) Dimble23 / BP Dimble (+1) : Loest, Baduruu, Zaladar ; Victor, Moonstalker, Serena
    3) SamuelJ / TJ SamuelJ : Gravebone, Moonstalker ; Skervox, Zhanna
    4) ronny_008@yahoo.com / AP Xavier (+1) : Amber, Zaladar ; Darkclaw, Zhanna
    5) JUSTICAR / RS Justicar (+1) : Banebow, Loest ; Skervox, Moonstalker
    6) lorgi / BP lorgi (+1) : Amber, Majiya, Banebow ; Garth, Moonstalker, Serena
    7) A1 Otto7 / A1 Otto7 (+1) : Tala ; Garth, Moonstalker, Victor
    8) Bayushi / RS Bayushi (+1) : Amber, Banebow, Loest ; Moonstalker, Victor, Zaladar
    9) streetsahead / TJ streetsahead (+1) : Amber, Baduruu, Loest ; Elementalis
    10) BDK16 / ETC BDK16 (+0) : - ; Serena
    11) maxi1230 / BP maxi1230 (+1) : Banebow, Aramia, Moonstalker ; Garth, Ythan, Zhanna
    12) Jao / A1 Jao (+0) : Victor ; Moonstalker, Banebow
    13) Tdnine / Tdnine (+1) : - ; Banebow, Serena
    14) Karlos4 / BP Karlos4 (+0) : Loest, Moonstalker, Zhanna ; Amber
    15) Hammy Striker / Hammy Striker : Aramia, Boris, Eladwen ; Gwen
    16) YOTENKA / BP Yotenka (+0) : Amber, Loest, Lance ; Banebow, Zhanna, Serena
    17) segalion / TJ Segalion (+1) : Tala, Bloodfang ; Garth, Threbin
    18) PwnedByPawn / BP PwnedByPawn (+0) : Serena ; Moonstalker
    19) Vyz / RS Vyz (+1) : - ; Banebow, Moonstalker
    20) Sleeping.Dragon / TJSleepingDragon (+1) : Amber, Banebow, Loest ; Moonstalker, Serena, Victor
    Last edited by BP Holy Punisher; 05-07-2015 at 08:18 AM.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Land: King of the land
    Frozen Kingdom: TJSleepingDragon
    Chankro: BP maxi1230
    Icedesert: TJSleepingDragon
    Alexandria: TJSleepingDragon
    Tiberoa: BP Dimble
    Quilmes: BP Dimble
    New Lorena: BP lorgi
    Stardust: BP maxi1230
    Nagapor: BP lorgi
    Majere Lands: BP lorgi
    Grothos: BP Dakh
    Colyberg: BP Dakh
    Zenebatos: BP lorgi
    Dead Lands: BP maxi1230
    Bear Lands: BP Dimble
    Montblanc: BP Dakh
    Felicidonia: TJ SamuelJ
    Hellena: BP Dakh
    Holy Lands: TJ Segalion
    Templalia: RS Vyz
    Trollus: BP Yotenka
    Red Rocks: BP Yotenka
    Brania: A1 Otto7
    Caneo: BP Dimble

Neutral lands: Fendor, Winhill, Estaquia, Zalia, Zola, Seles, Treno, Zarate

Wars in progress:

Wars completed:
    - BP PwnedByPawn (Alexandria) attacks BP MAXI1230 (Dead Lands) 0-3 : Banebow & Victor banned
    - TJ SAMUELJ (Felicidonia) attacks BP Yotenka (Red Rocks) 3-1 : Captures Serena & Moonstalker ; Yotenka moves to Trollus
    - BP DIMBLE (Caneo) attacks TJSleepingDragon (Quilmes) 3-0 : Captures Victor & Loest
    - BP DAKH (Montblanc) attacks RS Justicar (Hellena) 3-1 : Captures Loest & Baduruu
    - BP MAXI1230 (Dead Lands) attacks A1 Jao (Chankro) 3-0 : Captures Banebow & Serena ; Jao moves to Icedesert
    - BP maxi1230 (Dead Lands) attacks BP LORGI (New Lorena) 2-3 : Lance & Moonstalker banned
    - RS Bayushi (Zarate) attacks BP DIMBLE (Caneo) 0-3 : -
    - TJ Segalion (Holy Lands) attacks RS VYZ (Templalia) 2-3 : Zaladar & Gravebone banned
    - TJSLEEPINGDRAGON (Quilmes) attacks BP PwnedByPawn (Alexandria) 3-1 : Captures Loest & Victor
    - RS JUSTICAR (Hellena) attacks AP Xavier (Colyberg) 3-0 : Captures Loest & Skervox
    - BP DIMBLE (Quilmes) attacks ETC BDK16 (Tiberoa) 3-1 : Captures Baduruu & Gravebone
    - RS Vyz (Templalia) attacks TDNINE (Zenebatos) 1-3 : Victor & Garth banned
    - AP XAVIER (Colyberg) attacks TJ Streetsahead (Stardust) 3-2 : Captures Darkclaw & Garth
    - TDNINE (Zenebatos) attacks Hammy Striker (Grothos) 3-2 : Captures Amber & Victor
    - TJ SamuelJ (Red Rocks) attacks BP YOTENKA (Trollus) 2-3 : Amber & Victor banned
    - BP DIMBLE (Quilmes) attacks BP PwnedByPawn (Bear Lands) 2-0 : Captures Garth
    - BP LORGI (New Lorena) attacks BP Karlos4 (Nagapor) : Karlos4 conceded; no hero captured
    - BP MAXI1230 (Dead Lands) attacks AP Xavier (Stardust) 3-0 : Captures Garth & Moonstalker
    - A1 Otto7 (Brania) attacks BP DIMBLE (Quilmes) 1-3 : Eladwen & Baduruu banned
    - ETC BDK16 (Frozen Kingdom) attacks BP MAXI1230 (Chankro) 0-3 : Rothem & Moonstalker banned
    - BP DAKH (Hellena) attacks RS Justicar (Colyberg) : Justicar withdrawed; Captures Garth & Boris
    - A1 Jao (Icedesert) attacks TJSLEEPINGDRAGON (Alexandria) : Jao withdrawed
    - TJSLEEPINGDRAGON (Alexandria) attacks A1 Jao (Icedesert) : Captures Lance & Zaladar
    - BP lorgi (New Lorena) attacks BP MAXI1230 (Stardust) 2-3 : Baduruu & Eladwen banned
    - RS Vyz (Templalia) attacks TDNINE (Zenebatos) : no reply by Vyz; Loest & Amber banned
    - BP YOTENKA (Trollus) attacks TJ SamuelJ (Red Rocks) 3-2 (+1 draw) : Captures Lance & Serena
    - AP Xavier (Stardust) attacks BP LORGI (New Lorena) : Xavier conceded; no hero banned
    - BP LORGI (Nagapor) attacks BP Karlos4 (Majere Lands) 3-0 : Captures Serena & Banebow
    - TJ SLEEPINGDRAGON (Icedesert) attacks ETC BDK16 (Frozen Kingdom) 3-0 : Captures Aramia
    - BP Dakh (Montblanc) attacks BP MAXI1230 (Dead Lands) 2-3 (+1 draw) : Aramia & Amber banned
    - Tdnine (Zenebatos) attacks BP DAKH (Hellena) 0-3 : Boris & Loest banned
    - BP Dimble (Caneo) attacks A1 OTTO7 (Brania) 1-3 : Aramia & Banebow banned
    - BP LORGI (Majere Lands) attacks Tdnine (Zenebatos) 3-1 : Captures Boris & Loest
    - BP maxi1230 (Stardust) attacks BP DAKH (Colyberg) 1-3 : Serena & Loest banned
    - BP Yotenka (Red Rocks) attacks TJ Segalion (Holy Lands) : NO PLAY
    - Tdnine (Grothos) attacks BP LORGI (Zenebatos) 0-3 : Moonstalker & Victor banned
    - BP DAKH (Colyberg) attacks Tdnine (Grothos) : Tdnine conceded; captures Logan & Amber
    - BP maxi1230 (Stardust) attacks BP Dakh (Colyberg) : NO PLAY
    - BP Dimble (Bear Lands) attacks BP maxi1230 (Dead Lands) : NO PLAY
    Last edited by BP Holy Punisher; 05-04-2015 at 09:04 PM.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In!
    Bp dimble

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In
    TJ SamuelJ