Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New- Not sure what I'm doing. HELP!! :)

I've only been playing for a few days, but I'm already having a consistent problem.

I just played a match against kalongkala7, he was using Vess Swifthands, I think it's called, and I'm using Victor. I'm having a lot of trouble with heroes like this because they neutralize nearly every card I play before I can even use it. I'm not sure how they do it, or how to stop it. This was my closest match with someone like this, but I still lost. I'm hoping someone will take a look at the replay (I'm The Trapper in game) and let me know what I'm doing wrong, or what cards I should use to counter this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are two ways you could have won that match very easily:
    1. You should have destroyed his Crypt the second you were able to with Twilight Ritualist. You let him loop his attachments for too long.
    2. At the end I think you panicked and made a wrong move. Instead of attacking the Yari Bladedancer and then using Poison Arrow, you should have used Poison Arrow on of the the dancers, used Victor's ability on Brax Veteran to get back your arrow, killed the Brax with your weapon and then used Poison Arrow on the other Bladedancer.

It's easy to feel overwhelmed when your creatures just keep getting countered, but remember that Vess can ONLY mass counter when he has his ability. Whenever his ability was down I would have tried to swarm the board with cheap allies instead of just dropping fatties like Viska and Aeon. Don't panic and stay calm is really the only advice I can offer since I don't see a problem with your deck. Well, other than the lack of attachment removal.

A A Legend Rises could have also easily sealed the win for you if you ran it in your deck.
    Last edited by Ganjamus; 02-04-2015 at 07:54 AM.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So the Aeons helped you a lot there. Arthyles Crypt hurt you a lot, and you could have destroyed it with your twilight ritualist, but didn't. One of the most important things you'll get as you go is understanding your opponent's strategies, their win conditions and their weaknesses. Your opponent kept repeating the same loop - bringing back a Braxnorian Veteran with Arthyles Crypt, using it to fish for an attachment and gain life, and then using the attachment to take out your allies. Seeing that strategy, my main priority would be to take out Arthyle's Crypt. Really, any time I ever see that card, I prioritize destroying it - it's only ever used in combo decks and is the ugliest part of those combos. As you get to know the game and different decks, things like that will stick out to you, you'll see that card, you'll see your cards and you'll understand what of your cards can destroy their cards. Another card I would try to destroy in that specific deck is mettle of the Yari. He must have gained at least 30 health with that single card. If you had a few Sorcerors of Endia in that deck (maybe instead of Twilight Ritualist), you could have destroyed Mettle of the Yari and Vess would have Suicided from Confluence of Fate and Blood Frenzy.

You still did ok there, but your biggest mistake was the classic noob mistake - not attacking with all your allies every turn.
    There are very few times in the game where I can attack with an ally and choose not to. It happens, but it is rare. There was a point where the opponent was down to 6 hp. There were also at least two points in the game where you could have dealt 3 damage by attacking the hero and did not. That alone would have won you the game.

Other than that - bounty hunter isn't helping you in that deck, I'd ditch it.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All the advice is right on. I'd add that the biggest thing is that you've just started. It takes time. Try to learn a bit each time you play. As you get the cards try to play each hero and get to understand how they win and what mKes them lose. They all have weak spots.

Good luck. Welcome to the game.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really appreciate all the advice. I'm already noticing small improvements in my game, even though I'm not winning very often.

I've been reading some of the strategy articles on the forums and one of them suggested Lily as a good option for a Victor deck. I put some in, but the cards don't seem to work right. According to the description, when I summon her, it should put the top card from the graveyard into my deck, but it never does. Am I doing something wrong?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lily only returns Items, not all cards. So abilities and allies won't be returned but Artifacts, Weapons, and Armors will.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Only the top item
    Items are a specific type of cards in SE which is specified on top of the text. So it will only get you something from your graveyard if you have some items in it.
    Try to play after one of your traps have been played and activated. Or after one of your weapons have been destroyed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Victor is a pretty though Hero to master. His best builds rely on many little synergies. He's equipped to deal with a lot of things but he rarely dominates.

You want to get the full value out of every move, but at the same time you have to know when playing a non-hasted Bobcat or a Lily that doesn't draw you an item and which allies you should prioritize with your Hero ability against a given opponent.

In short, there are more straightforward Heroes to play.

But, keep playing and you'll learn how to optimize Victor!
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your biggest mistake was using a Victor deck....or any Hunter hero...

Here's some advice I promise you won't get from others: use Moonstalker hero. Copy my exact deck. Let me know if any questions.

You'll be hated by others (but that's mostly because they're crybabies), but you WILL start winning

Be Millstalker. Be greatness.

Goodluck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    Your biggest mistake was using a Victor deck....or any Hunter hero...

Here's some advice I promise you won't get from others: use Moonstalker hero. Copy my exact deck. Let me know if any questions.

You'll be hated by others (but that's mostly because they're crybabies), but you WILL start winning

Be Millstalker. Be greatness.

Goodluck!
    Good luck in tournaments, oh wait you can't join them!
    But seriously got a decklist? I might try it sometime
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง