Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by keifersdad View Post
    I just finished yet another crushing loss and have a question. I was facing another Victor. He had a soul seeker, just like I did. He didn't have any attachments or items or anything like that up, and yet he did 4 damage to my 2, even though we're both using the same stuff. What am I missing?
    going to need more details than just that - you can watch replays of your games if you look in the quickmatch screen and search for your player name. Click the button that says 'Finished' and you can watch a replay. - You can also watch other people's games if you're interested.

My guess is Victor used his shadow energy ability to reduce an ally's health to 1, then attacked it with his bow.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have no idea who the opponent was. It was a guick game. Is there a way I can look it up?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you search your own in game name (IGN), you should be able to figure out who your opponent was by looking at all the people you've played against. You can also post your IGN here so that we can watch your games and help you to figure out what your mistakes are.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    His name is GHJI22

Mine is The Trapper

and don't be shy. anyone who wants to take a look at any match I've played and rip it apart is more than welcome to. I'd welcome the feedback. I feel like I'm missing something really basic, and it's starting to get on my nerves.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by keifersdad View Post
    His name is GHJI22

Mine is The Trapper

and don't be shy. anyone who wants to take a look at any match I've played and rip it apart is more than welcome to. I'd welcome the feedback. I feel like I'm missing something really basic, and it's starting to get on my nerves.
    just watched the video, looked normal - are you mixing up weapon durability with attack? The number on the left doesn't change, and tells how much damage your hero does with each attack. The number on the right is the durability of the weapon/armor and each time you hit with a weapon or take a hit with armor, that goes down. When it drops to 0, the weapon is destroyed.

Regarding mistakes/strategy: you forgot to attack with your Aeon - in that turn if you had killed the lifebringer, it would have ceased buffing the twilight warden, so you would have killed both...I'm pretty sure that mistake cost you the game.

There was also an earlier moment where you played your soul seeker and attacked into an opposing ally. You picked the wrong target - twilight herald, instead of the more problematic twilight lifebringer. On top of that, you could have used your ability to bring it down to 1 health before attacking with your bow - which would have killed it (reducing all their health by 2), and given you 3hp. Aside from that, I didn't see you play any hunter's gambits. Not sure if that's because of bad draw or what, but definitely a card that's worth having 4 of in any Victor deck.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 02-04-2015 at 02:15 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the insight. I thought it did four because when he hit me with it a red 4 appeared, which is how much health I lose in the attack, I think. Maybe I'm not seeing what I think I am.

the other stuff is great help. I've read it twice and I'm gonna see if I can do better from now on. I really appreciate it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I made a mistake - the soul seeker comment, I meant you attacked the wrong guy with aldon, not SS.

And nope, only saw that soul seeker hit you twice, once for 2 and once for 1 (since it was your last hp).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just played a match against kalongkala7, he was using Vess Swifthands, I think it's called. I'm having a lot of trouble with heroes like this because they neutralize nearly every card I play before I can even use it. I'm not sure how they do it, or how to stop it. This was my closest match with someone like this, but I still lost. I would love some feedback on it.

Thanks again for all the help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You'll run into several decks that really require a specialized approach to winning, or possibly some tech (cards geared towards countering something). Depending on how common those decks are you may want to tech hard against them - filling your decks up with counters, or you may want to ignore them and just accept that you'll lose games against them. I like to tech softly, add in versatile and generic cards that can be useful in many situations, but those cards tend to be a bit harder to use correctly.

Against Vess, as a human, A Legend Rises is very useful. She has loads of attachments to deal with your allies, but A Legend Rises messes all of that up - and depending on the specific deck, can even be a sort of kryptonite.
    Sorceror of Endia can also be very strong as you can destroy any attachment (I often go for blood frenzy against warriors to cut off their draw - against Vess, you may want to save the removal for life gain attachments).

Once you get to know your opponents and their decks, you'll start to see where your deck can be stronger or weaker against them. Decide what face of your deck to show them and resource the other, less optimal side.

As Victor this can mean abusing haste. Vess's weakness is the draw engines suck life. Victor can have a strength in dealing damage with hasted allies. If Vess is spending every turn shutting down your allies and losing health, and you're spending your turns doing damage to Vess, destroying life-gaining/disabling attachments and keeping her allies in check, you'll be in great shape.