Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Garth - Poison & Order [2.89]

There aren't many Garth Decks posted here, so I'm posting mine. Garth is pretty strong, but he's not very popular... been playing around in the 280ish using this decks perhaps you guys have ideas to improving it, so here goes

Hero: Garth Ravensoul

Allies (21):
    4x Nightshade
    2x Skilled Ironmonger
    2x Aldon the Brave
    4x Priest of the Light
    3x Midnight Sentinel
    1x Lily Rosecult
    2x Tainted Oracle
    2x Braxnorian Soldier
    1x Viska, The Scarlet Blade

Abilities (9):
    1x Sorcerous Poison
    2x Treasured Heirloom
    3x Garth's Concoction
    3x Stop, Thief!

Items (10):
    1x Vozitian Orders
    3x Ill-Gotten Gains
    2x Spirit Shuriken
    4x Anklebreaker

= 41 cards

I'll explain the playstyle by individually explaining each of card uses, it's pretty easy to understand it anyway

Allies
    - Nightshade : this guy is a beast if comboed with Midnight Sentinel, preferred drop in T2 in most occasion. If you don't have Midnight Sentinel, you could comboed with Treasured Heirloom or Aldon. Combined with Garth ability you could aim to control the board early, killing any 5 HP allies in T3

- Skilled Ironmonger : backup guy if you don't have Nightshade on T2. Usually comboed with Midnight sentinel ability to get 2/5 ally or Aldon/Heirloom to kill Karash/any 3 HP ally without using Garth ability. Mid late game used for buffing durability on Anklebreaker.

- Aldon the Brave : do I need to say more ? this guy is always good since COTC, but usually not a good first T3 drop if you don't have any ally accompanying him

- Priest of the Light : you're (almost) key card to win the game on early turn, very troublesome ally for opposing Heroes that relies shadow energy to retake the board control. It gets much more fun if you can pull Vozitian Order in mid late game by Recycling PoTL on and on and eventually locking your enemy shadow energy.

- Midnight Sentinel : this guy is a cookie cutter but he could buff his friend with +2 health and ambush which is nice. Worst T3 drop or any other turn if you don't have any allies on board to buff. Usually if I don't need to recycle PoTL, I could use this guy to buff other ally continuously, 3/5 PoTL or 3/8 Braxnorian is pretty annoying...

- Lily Rosecult : sometime she's a lifesaver by taking back your IGG/Anklebreaker that was destroyed by your opponent, but that's it. I rarely use her to recycle weapon, in most occasion you don't need extra weapon in late game anyway

- Tainted Oracle : you're extra draw, sometime it's better to drop this guy on T4 than IGG because now a lot of player bring a good item destruction in their decks, and tricking them that in T4 Rogue don't always drop IGG

- Braxnorian Soldier : Lance greatest enemy I suppose, you could win easily against him by using this guy. Not only that he could neutralize hasted enemy, he's also pretty hard to kill. Sometime the opposing player forget that he can't be targeted by 3 HP or less ally, so they click back and forth wondering why they can't target him. T5 drop if you sure that you could lock the board using him

- Viska, The Scarlet Blade : her hasted ability is pretty cool, can be used to retake the board on T6. Combined with Garth ability she could take any ally with 7 HP or you could use it against heroes that uses weapon as their main key card. in pretty late game you could also recycle her and dealing 6 damage on opposing Heroes if you have Vozitian Order and the resource

Abilities
    - Sorcerous Poison : you're opponent usually will not expecting this, it's preferred to use this card on mid late game. Used for slowly draining you're opponent health while you're controlling the board. At this stage usually you're opponent will try to rush you

- Treasured Heirloom : another extra draw and also buffing your ally attack, but a dead draw if you don't have any ally to attach.

- Garth's Concoction : you're tool for killing stealthed ally, killing 9 HP ally combined with garth ability, or if you don't have any T2 drop or T3 drop ally you could use it to kill an ally if there's a sign that they will rush you

- Stop, Thief! : you're main item destruction tools, don't be afraid to sac this if you're playing against opponent that rarely uses item and you have a bad draw on first turn

Items
    - Vozitian Orders : this is the most fun part, Recycling PoTL is your priority and then the other like Midnight Sentinel. Other uses can be used to retreat your disabled or injured ally. Preferred drop in mid late game. This card is not a win con, so don't be hesitated to sac this if you have bad draw on first turn

- Ill-Gotten Gains : you're main draw engine but you don't have to drop it hastily in first turn, make sure that you're opponent doesn't have item destruction in their hand or you have a back up IGG

- Spirit Shuriken : you're lifesaver to retake board if you're opponent start bombarding you with allies and you don't have any T2 or T3 ally drop to kill it

- Anklebreaker : auto include 4 in most rogue deck (but not in Serena now). You're tools for controlling fatty allies and disabling them. Sometime it best to not kill it and leaving them with 0 attack so you could help Spirit Shuriken to trigger it's ability

and that's it, I haven't play with all other Heroes so I'm not sure which one is a bad match. If you have a bad starting hand I think it's Serena, rush mage, and Millstalker that will grant you auto loss. It's a long post from me but I hope it's useful for you guys, any comment is appreciated

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool deck. I like Garth as well. I highly recommend watching BP Shadow Mann - the guy does amazing things with an 80 card Garth deck.

Personally, I'm not sure I would ever have less than 4 IGG in a deck, if I'm including it, it's 4x, but I guess you've got supplemental draw in there and a lily in case of destruction
    Last edited by bobrossw; 02-03-2015 at 05:32 AM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    cool i ve never seen any1 use sorceress poison

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    do u think sorcerer of endia can replace stop thief?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oliver fagins, layarian diplomat, nathanias people champion, twililight ritualist? they can combo with votizian order

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Garth not popular? U wot m8.

Anywho the deck looks fine but the sorc psn, skilled iron, lily are pretty uneccesary. Get yourself 4x of IGG one more aldon another midnight and another viska. The reason being is consistency > variety is the thing. Anywho good job. Garth isn't very creative after his nerfs so not that many garth posts are out there. Very solid hero.
    Last edited by LucasBlitz; 02-04-2015 at 03:50 AM.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง