Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why is Raikka under valued )

Just wondering why not many players use Raikka with her ally based ability preferring the burn abilities of other Mages. I know there will be a million reasons but She is great for early control and a foil to Serena's Cutless in board establishment and plays better as a Warrior than a Mage. I recently won 10 of 11 games using two different deck variations and I think he ability is underrated. Maybe she is not Top Tier but I didn't encounter any bad match ups she can't handle. Maybe I drew favourable opponents. Give her something more to boost her Allies attacks and she will be seriously good. So much potential waiting to be tapped. Could be the Heroine of the Future
    And the Raikka Mat with the Fireballs as sleeves is the most stunning looking combo IMO. It plays like the fireballs (cards) are coming from her hand.
    Last edited by Alien Fungus; 01-30-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the problem many people have with her is that she is a hero that absolutely needs to get board control first. If she does this, she can be in pretty good shape and her ability can make it annoying for the opponent to try and get back in. Problem is if she doesn't get control, then she is very bad at gaining it back herself. I think haste allies were her best bet for trying to get that back, but we've seen what just happened to Krygon and Frostmare.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Were one of those decks a Meat Wagon deck?
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the problem with Raikka is the same as overwhelm. Both are potentially great cards that scale with the number of allies in play. The more allies in play on both sides, the better these cards become. The problem is this game makes it difficult to count on having large numbers of allies in play, which makes both cards highly situational. That's fine for Overwhelm, but it's a problem for a hero. As Raikka gets ways to flood the board quickly, like say a draw engine that lets her draw 3 cards at a time, or free allies with haste, I think she'll improve. I'm not sure if she's quite there yet though.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No it wasn't a Meat Wagon deck. I found though with Supernova to regain the board if her allies come undone and with Amulet of Conjuring to assist draw and a bunch of spells she did ok... Having Oggy in hand was always helpful too. I never used overwhelm with her because of the problems Bob articulated..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    im hoesntly working with a deck that utilizes her ability with Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned and Flameborn Defiler since they do fire damage and are immune to it so i can use all the supernovas i want and keep my allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I honestly don't believe Raika will have her time in the sun, as it were, until set 4 hits. There's nothing, collectively, in the first three sets that are going to do it for her. Maybe a build we haven't seen yet, but I doubt it.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Her ability should reduce the cc of all allies by 1.

Also, one mistake Raikka players do is that they don't choose resilient allies. Play Infernal Gargoyle, Phoenix Urigon, Murderous Hulk, Gravemonger etc.
    Last edited by Ness; 02-14-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem with Raikka is that she's partially retarded. As in developmentally disabled.

I've seen a few creatively crafted decks with her, but the philosophical question is: why use her when other Mages are better...

If we're talking about buffing her Hero ability, that's different

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seriously , Raika needs a buff to her ability , or just a straight change . People keep saying that next sets may buff her but i personally don't like seeing another Victor/Serena/Logan whose viability relies solely on some specific cards