Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Question How often do you get disconnections?

Hello!

I've read more reports than usual about people having disconnect issues, which is particularly upsetting to me because without a decent connection then the game I love, that I've put my heart and soul and an insane number of hours into improving and expanding, is ruined and then there was no real point to my efforts to make a great game for you guys! (Unless you play physical, of course.)

Consequently, I've decided to start this thread to attempt to gather information that might provide some clues that might aid with investigation of them.

Step one is to get a rough idea of who is having the issues and who isn't. I'm not putting a poll here yet, since I don't know what the options would be. I am looking for people to share specific information about what platform they are using (browser/iOS7/iOS8/Android/pc/mac), what device (iPhone/iPad/PC/GalaxyTab,etc), what version (2.85/2.86/2.87) and what type of connection they are using (3G/4G/wi-fi/wired), along with whether they used to get disconnects and now don't or the other way round or whether it's always been bad or good.

TL;DR: I'd like you to share your own personal story of how stable your connection to the game has been over the past year and how stable it currently is.

Feel free to let all your anger out here, along with all the useful info that might help us remedy the issues!

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Got 10 or so disconnections last week for around 100 games played, using an iPad Air, IOS8, wi-fi, v2.86, .
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play on my Samsung galaxy s4 using Wi-Fi at home or 4g if I'm out. I haven't had a chance to play over 4g since the update.

I almost never had disconnection issues before except if it was my fault. Wandering outside WiFi range etc. Lately I've had a few instances where the game paused, it was telling both of us that it was the other persons turn. After several minutes of waiting it caught up, in at least one instance it happened several times in that game and we decided to end in a draw.

I will try to take more detailed notes if it happens again.
    Every Time's a Challenge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On my old Android phone which ran on Ice Cream Sandwitch I would get disconnects often. But now on my new phone with KitKat they are really rare. I actually get disconnects more often on my home wifi if connection drops sometimes. Both phones used 3G and HSDPA.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by loiriffic View Post

I almost never had disconnection issues before except if it was my fault. Wandering outside WiFi range etc. Lately I've had a few instances where the game paused, it was telling both of us that it was the other persons turn. After several minutes of waiting it caught up, in at least one instance it happened several times in that game and we decided to end in a draw.
    This actually happens more often that disconnect.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I havent had any disconnects since 2.87 that i couldnt explain due to my own bad connection. Prior to that i was getting maybe 1 in 4 games.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hardly ever
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LG G Pro Lite
    Android 4.4.2
    SE 2.87
    Wi-Fi

I had a short Wi-Fi loss. Reconnect to Wi-Fi internet took place a few seconds later,
    but unfortunately there was no reconnect to SE servers, so I had a game loss :-(.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the last time I disconnected was in Dark Prophecies. Which is saying something because my internet is terrible (pretty unreliable at times), yet I haven't disconnected much at all the entire time I've played Shadow Era. Although I guess it is important to note that I haven't been playing as much in the past 6 months. Recently though, I've been playing several every week (a few every other day).

Anyways, I play on Web and PC clients mostly (most of my games were through the Web client). I use Firefox and Windows 7 64-bit. I have used both Wired and Wifi (had to switch to wifi because lightning fried all my pc's Ethernet ports >.>). The type of internet service I have is through a local company's radio tower in which they have provided a transmitter of sorts that connects to that tower and then through to a cable connect to the rest of the internet (I know its very unorthodox).

PS: I do think the kind of service people are using (cable, dsl, dail-up, ect.) is important to include as well. But I'll leave that up to you GDC.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 10-26-2014 at 09:01 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kindle Fire HD
    SE 2.87 (downloaded APK from SE homepage)
    Wi-Fi