Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It should sustain 1recourse instead of SE. That would still make it very playable in all mages. I don't think I'll touch this card unless in ravagner. SE sustain will lose you the game fast.
    Nothing to fear but fear itself
    IGN: SpaceGhost

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by deathintheflesh View Post
    It should sustain 1recourse instead of SE. That would still make it very playable in all mages. I don't think I'll touch this card unless in ravagner. SE sustain will lose you the game fast.
    sustain 1 resource is also bad imo.

ravager is probably the only working solution now, but combo is so conditional.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sustain 1cc would make the card hilariously bad

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SE sustain makes it difficult to use but difficulty also add's a it flavor. I would more want it like Sustain 1SE plus use 1 resource (not lose) + 1hp at activation.
    I agree that it became a bit too expensive with the latest update. (Although I was suggesting an amulet nerf beforehand)
    IGN: A1 Priest Amar

Here I am to carry faith, spread goodness, and serve others. Except when I am stealing your cards from your hand.

Vimeo Video Channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it still being used now but a lot lesser, frankly I still think it's need more nerf :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems to be pretty strong still with loest and raikka who are generally OK about not using their ability. So the effect of the nerf seems to be working as intended.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It was way too nerfed, anyone who says otherwise is being ridiculous. It's never been difficult for an opponent to destroy, and it costs a lot in valuable resources for a mage. I don't know why people jump on mages so much. Life gain is already next to impossible for a mage, and mages don't have anything like what some of the other classes have. If you hate mages you could always run spelleater bands or legion united, etc. And this goes especially for anyone who can run spelleater bands, no way you can call mage items op. How would you feel if mages got an armor or artifact that said "your hero takes no damage from weapons" or "allies".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vainglory View Post
    It was way too nerfed, anyone who says otherwise is being ridiculous. It's never been difficult for an opponent to destroy, and it costs a lot in valuable resources for a mage. I don't know why people jump on mages so much. Life gain is already next to impossible for a mage, and mages don't have anything like what some of the other classes have. If you hate mages you could always run spelleater bands or legion united, etc. And this goes especially for anyone who can run spelleater bands, no way you can call mage items op. How would you feel if mages got an armor or artifact that said "your hero takes no damage from weapons" or "allies".
    They've got one - snow saphire. And I don't think anyone hates mages. People just wanted room for builds other than rush mages and their counters. Mages as a whole are still perfectly viable with or without amulet.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 02-01-2015 at 03:21 AM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    They've got one - snow saphire. And I don't think anyone hates mages. People just wanted room for builds other than rush mages and their counters. Mages as a whole are still perfectly viable with or without amulet.
    Snow saphire isn't exactly what I had in mind..but atleast mages get Loest's Burden right? Lol I see your point, and I agree mages are viable without it, I personally don't run it in my mage decks. I would prefer tome anyways.

But I do think there is negativity for mages, I see plenty of the comments trashing mages. Or rush decks in general, when there were already ways to protect from abilities, and rush. I didn't like when I lost early to aramia either, but I didn't call for the nerf of dagger of fate just because I lost to it a few times. In that case I'd be calling for a cutless nerf, or yelling that badruu's ability should cost 5.

When working with a class like mages that can barely heal themselves, rushing as an option makes sense. Btw, I don't run the aramia rush deck. I just get worried that this is becoming a case of 'squeaky wheel gets the greese'. Where people are calling for things to get nerfed - not because they are legitimately OP - but because people simply don't *like* playing against them.

Those decks were still beatable. Anyways that's my concern.
    Last edited by Vainglory; 02-01-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vainglory View Post
    Snow saphire isn't exactly what I had in mind..but atleast mages get Loest's Burden right? Lol I see your point, and I agree mages are viable without it, I personally don't run it in my mage decks. I would prefer tome anyways.

But I do think there is negativity for mages, I see plenty of the comments trashing mages. Or rush decks in general, when there were already ways to protect from abilities, and rush. I didn't like when I lost early to aramia either, but I didn't call for the nerf of dagger of fate just because I lost to it a few times. In that case I'd be calling for a cutless nerf, or yelling that badruu's ability should cost 5.

When working with a class like mages that can barely heal themselves, rushing as an option makes sense. Btw, I don't run the aramia rush deck. I just get worried that this is becoming a case of 'squeaky wheel gets the greese'. Where people are calling for things to get nerfed - not because they are legitimately OP - but because people simply don't *like* playing against them.

Those decks were still beatable. Anyways that's my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    That is true but the point is that SE is a slow game so you'll POSSIBLY get the "block" or counter by turn 5 or 6. By then you've already lost half your health so the game becomes "How do I defend against a class with haste allies and unlimited burn with only half my health to start game".
    Heres my quote on what was wrong with discard zal and discard aramia.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง