Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zhanna Mist Strategy FAQ

Zhanna Mist Delay and Survuval Strategy FAQ

**This FAQ was created on 4/22/11 by game player Italianblend. For personal use only. Please do not copy and paste without giving credit.

I have only been playing Shadow Era for about 2 weeks now.
    However, I have only used Zhanna Mist in that time period and would
    like to share my thoughts and stategy on this Hero's deck.

Let's take a look at the priest deck and highlight each card's stregnth's and weaknesses:

-------------------------------------------
    ZHANNA MIST (HERO):
    Ability: Zhanna heals 3 Damage
    Cost: 3 Shadow Energy

This is what attracted me to Zhanna in the first place. The ability to heal yourself
    every three turns is an integral part of her strategy.

TIDAL WAVE
    All Allies on both sides are killed
    Cost: 5 Resources

This is the most important card in your priest's deck (IMHO). This card allows the priest
    to wipe out large groups of enemy allies at a single turn, thus prolonging the fight and
    saving Zhanna precious hit points. Careful timing of this card is essential to winning
    with this deck. My first four cards bought in the game were 4 tidal wave cards, and
    I have not regretted that for an instant.

HEALING TOUCH
    Heal 4 damage from target and remove all attached effects.
    Cost: 4 Resources

This is one of the most important cards in your deck, as it keeps your priest alive,
    and removes any pesky attached DOT spells like POISON GAS, or ENGULFING FLAMES.
    I recommend that you save this card to heal your HERO, not your allies.

------------------------------------------

HOLY SHIELD
    Target cannot be harmed until the start of your next turn
    Cost: 3 Resources

Another very useful spell in the priest's deck. With HOLY SHIELD, not only can you keep
    damage from your hero, but you can also "delay" for one more round. During that next round,
    your opponent just might put out another ally or two that you can defeat instantly with
    TIDAL WAVE. Or it can be used as a desperation card while you hope for better cards.
    This card is best used when you anticipate large amounts of damage on the next turn.

-----------------------------------------

DESTROY ARMS
    Target item is destroyed.

This is a useful spell for priests, especially against a hunter enemy. Destroying a hunter's bow,
    (or any Hero's weapon) is useful for survival. That said, sometimes sacrificing this card is its best
    use.

-----------------------------------------

SMITE
    Target recieves 3 damage.

A direct-damage spell that is useful in different ways. Against an opponent with a smaller deck,
    it is better served killing off a single aly when tidal wave is not practical. Against significantly
    larger decks, you might want to go for the hero, as your hope of outlasting the enemy is lessened.

----------------------------------------

ICE STORM
    All enemy allies recieve 2 damage.

This spell is useful for killing off allies with low health. It can also counter spells that
    increase damage but decrease enemy allies' health.

---------------------------------------

RESURRECTION
    Return all dead allies from the graveyard to the top of your deck

At first glance, this might seem like a great spell to use to get your allies back and attacking your opponent.
    The strategy suggested here is to hold this card until your deck runs out. By this time, hopefully your
    opponent will be nearly out of cards. This allows you to put some cards back into your pile and avoid
    the damage caused by an empty deck.

CURSE
    Target aly gets -2 attack until your next turn.
    Cost: 2 Resources

This is a somewhat useful card if you're anticipating damage from an ally that you can't
    kill just yet. But, I usually convert this card to a resource.

INNER STREGNTH
    Ongoing: Target aly gets +2 attack

This might seem like a great spell - and it can be. However, the deck strategy suggested here
    is not an ally-heavy strategy (a majority of my game is played without an aly or using an aly
    simply as a tank to direct damage away from my priest). That's not to say this isn't a useful card,
    but I usually end up converting it to a resource. However, against an opponent with a larger deck,
    you will want to use this to damage their hero.

--------------------------------------

PLAGUE
    Each player loses 3 resources
    Cost: 4 Resources

I have not had the opportunity to purchase this card. As it is somewhat a neutral ability, use
    with caution. Consider converting this card to a resource if there is no practial use.

--------------------------------------

What to purchase:

-Purchase TIDAL WAVES as soon as possible. They are more costly than others, but your survival will increase significantly with these cards
    -Next, HEALING TOUCH to keep your hero alive and without DOTS.
    -HOLY SHIELD to delay your opponent and entice them to use their turn to put out more allies that you will kill with TIDAL WAVE
    -RAIN DELAY is an excellent delay card as well. Use similar to HOLY SHIELD
    -Purchasing an extra BAZAAR card will not hurt. You want to have a big hand for options, and sometimes your enemy will take your first BAZAAR card away.

These are your most important cards.

Resources:

I suggest converting the following cards to resources (most of the time).

INNER STREGNTH - because this is not an aly-heavy strategy
    CURSE - useful in some cases, but other cards are more important
    COVER OF NIGHT - using cover of night is a big mistake, as it will force your opponent to attack your hero.
    REINFORCED ARMOR - because this is not an aly-heavy strategy
    ALLIES - because this is not an aly-heavy strategy, but don't sacrifice all of them as you might need to use resurrection at the end of your deck.
    BAZAAR - If you have a working bazaar card, and you don't anticipate your enemy taking it away from you, go ahead and sacrifice the additional bazaar cards.
    DESTROY ARMS - Against a hunter or weapon-heavy aly, I would hold onto these. Otherwise, go ahead and convert.

Main Strategy:

In this deck's strategy, you do not concern yourself with killing your enemy hero. Your goals are:

-Survive
    -Kill enemy Allies
    -Ourlast your opponent and preferably kill them by exausting their deck

Tactics:
    -Try casting BAZAAR early if you can. Success of this deck increases with a larger hand for more options. You don't want to get caught without the right spell.
    -Do not use your Hero's ability until you have lost 3 HP or more, as you will not get the full 3 damage heal and will essentially waste the spell
    -Use HEALING TOUCH when under 22 HP, but try to save it until you are affected with POISON GAS or ENGULFING FLAMES
    -Try to use TIDAL WAVE to kill 3 or more Allies at once. (Sometimes you can wait for more if you can use HOLY SHIELD on your hero)
    -Use HOLY SHIELD to prevent hero damage and possibly entice your opponent to put out another ally, which you can kill with TIDAY WAVE
    -Use RAIN DELAY in the same manner, trying to delay to entice more enemy allies, which you can kill with TIDAL WAVE
    -WHen your deck runs out, use RESURRECTION to get some cards back.
    -If your opponent is out of (or low on) cards, keep a full hand if possible. That way, you will not run out of deck cards and not take damage
    -Use Allies when you can. They can divert damage from your hero, but get used to playing without them!

This deck seems to be weak against elementals (due to their ETERNAL RENEWAL card, which is their own form of Resurrection).
    This makes your ability to outlast an elemental difficult.

Outlast, outlast, outlast...

I know this is not a fool-proof strategy, but it seems to be the best strategy with Zhanna Mist.
    Your challenge matches will not go well until you have purchased the necessary cards, so hang in there!
    Last edited by Italianblend; 04-22-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Are you still playing 1.24? Ice Storm costs 3 now. Other than that, great guide, I agree with everything you say. Maybe healing touch is unnecessary and rain delay is average, but you explained the basis of zhanna decks perfectly. I'll fill you in on plague. It is a good card for locking down your opponent and stalling them. However, it is only really good if you go first, if you go second it isn't that great. Basically, to use plague, you need to go first, send out some Puwens and Aldons, play plague to shut them down, and beat away at their hero with your allies. But yeah, I agree zhanna gets completely beaten up by Elementalis. Endless recursion? And a weenie army boosted by shard? Even if you tidal wave, they'll just use eternal renewal, bad Santa, draw their weenies again, and beat you up. But yeah, great FAQ.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks, Reshiram. I was getting the card info from the wiki. I will update the Ice Storm Cost, thanks for letting me know!

(Actually I just looked at my ipad version, and it costs 4...I am confused...why would it be different?)

I guess plague could be good for stalling the enemy too, thanks for that suggestion. Do you mind if I add that to the faq and credit you?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by healing touch being unnecessary?
    Last edited by Italianblend; 04-22-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Because ipad and iphone (iOS) still in 1.24. The update still not available in appstore. U can play 1.25 from the web

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    added section:

Luck of the Draw:

We've all been there. "If only that bazaar card would've come up, I would've won." It's true that the order in which you recieve your cards
    plays a huge impact on your play. I can't shuffle the deck for you, but I can spell out some scenerios:

The Ally-Heavy Hand:
    So, you've got this great strategy for a no-ally game and you've just drawn seven ally cards to start! This is not good.
    You'll have to sacrifice some of them. When you play your allys, make them your tidal waves and do not attack the boss.
    Focus your ally attacks on other allys and try to stay ahead of your opponent that way. Also keep in mind that Allies take the
    focus off your boss for some players, which is always one of our goals.

The "Where the heck are my Tidal Waves" hand:
    I always feel comforted when I get a TIDAL WAVE on my opening draw. It allows me to plan ahead and use it before things get out of hand.
    If you don't seem to be getting TIDAL WAVE cards, you'll have to spend any SMITE, SPECIAL DELIVERY, or even RETREAT cards on enemy Allies.

The "Bazaar is closed for business" hand:
    Our playstyle relies on a good number of options. If we get bombarded with FIREBALL or other spells, we need to heal up. If we
    are attacked by 4 allies in the same hand, we need that TIDAL WAVE. One of the most crippling things I've seen is not having that Bazaar card
    show up before it's too late. I would purchase a few more and hope for the best of luck.

(Seems my faq is too long to add this - do you think people will be upset if I start a new thread and reserve a few post spots for it? I won't do it just yet... )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    erm... most players at 300 just pay some cash and buy everything

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    is this deck good? ratings???
    i want to build this deck too but i must know if it is good.......
    win/loss and ratings???

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CHLBRK View Post
    is this deck good? ratings???
    i want to build this deck too but i must know if it is good.......
    win/loss and ratings???
    It's not very good. Jericho is definitely the better priest to build your deck around.
    Lost but seeking.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Italianblend View Post
    Thanks, Reshiram. I was getting the card info from the wiki. I will update the Ice Storm Cost, thanks for letting me know!

(Actually I just looked at my ipad version, and it costs 4...I am confused...why would it be different?)

I guess plague could be good for stalling the enemy too, thanks for that suggestion. Do you mind if I add that to the faq and credit you?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by healing touch being unnecessary?
    Sure, add whatever you want from my earlier post to the FAQ. I mean healing touch may be a bit unnecessary because zhanna can already heal herself. Not many priest players put healing touch in their decks because while it's decent, it consumes card space in your deck which could be used for something else. It is good, just not good ENOUGH to replace something in a tuned 30 card deck. Hope that helped. Also, wizent's staff could be useful I guess, but it's better on Jericho.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99