Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lance - templar assasin

edit - playing now around 300, with slight changes to the deck. this would now be the 3rd version.

Hello,

this is the deck I have had probably most fun with. It is fairly competitive, however it does not yield best results, that is for sure (Skervox, I am looking at you!). Anyhow, let me know what you think.

***HERO***
    Lance Shadowstalker

***Allies (20)***
    3x Layarian Diplomat
    3x Aldon the Brave
    3x Zailen Crusader
    3x Guardian of Unaxio
    3x Knight of Unaxio
    3x Zealous Mystic
    2x Irina, Guardian of the Swan

***Abilities (20)***
    4x Stop Thief
    3x Silent Strike
    2x A Legend Rises
    4x Backstab
    3x Strength of Conviction
    4x Confluence of Fate

TOTAL: 40 cards + Hero

Most prefered card order:
    - 1st turn : sac, nothing
    - 2nd turn: confluence of fates
    - 3rd turn: zailen + silent strike, guardian of unaxio
    - 4th turn: multiple possibilities, however most fun seems to be backstab on zailen, attack, mystic with backstab, attack, mystic with backstab, attack

Most important ally in this build is obviously Knight of Unaxio, best under Lance's ability.

Silent strike and backstab have surprisingly good synergy with confluence of fate.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Btw against Serena this deck is almost automatic loss... You have been warned.
    Last edited by jahero; 02-01-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To beat Serena and other weapon based decks why not add a few Stop thief? Or maybe swaping the layarian diplomat for some galderi, even if you don't use his ability he is still a 4/4 for 4 resources.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here is a similar deck I use sometimes, it is fun to play with but Knight of Unaxio is very inconsistent and its hard to be competitive with a deck based around that card. I think using Irina with backstab is a deadly combo and its perfect to add to the deck. I like Oliver Fagan but swaping him Eriss is not a bad choice either, sometimes I end up feeling Oliver Fagan ends up getting burnt in your resource pile if you draw him early in the game.

Lance Shadowstalker

***Allies (21)***
    3x Aldon the Brave
    3x Priest of the Light
    3x Zailen Crusader
    4x Knight of Unaxio
    3x Zealous Mystic
    2x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    2x Irina, Guardian of the Swan
    1x Oliver Fagin

***Abilities (16)***
    2x Assassination
    3x Stop, Thief!
    1x A Legend Rises
    4x Backstab
    2x Coercion
    4x Strength of Conviction

***Weapons (3)***
    3x Anklebreaker

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

This deck has three major weaknesses:
    - weapons (Serena)
    - stealthed allies (Moonstaker)
    - allies preventing damage (pretty much anybody)

Larayan Diplomat helps to solve two of these weaknesses and is in fact quite important.

It seems, however, that it would make sense to replace smoke screens by stop thief.

When it comes to Irina, yeah, that could work. Reason I did not use this card:
    - I have always wanted to create deck with major templar theme
    - Irina will not benefit from strength of conviction as much as Knight of Unaxio

Regardless, I might test it in future.

H-

EDIT: knight of unaxio also has better chance of surviving nukes, and can easily start with 7/7 stats after summon (ability plus strength of conviction), which is almost identical to Irina's initial attack after summon, therefore I prefer him.
    Last edited by jahero; 01-28-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea I understand but it helps if you don't end up getting Knight of Unaxio it gives you another aspect to make the deck a little stronger Plus Irina with backstab is a deadly combo. In your case Id swap Oliver Fagan for Eriss her ability could be a major game changer, while fagans is also you probably most of the time don't have that many cards in your hand to really utilize him. Im not a fan of that many confluence of fate I feel that they could end up being a dead card later on when you need something good. Maybe think about adding anklebreakers or spirit shuriken( that card comes in handy against moonstalkers especially). Good luck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are you sure you need 4 diplomats? These many tech cards sound like dead draw to me imo. The smoke screen can also go in favor of some Anklebreakers. Plus an important note is you have no heal, so CoF is going to burn you if you don't get the draw you really need.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    how about cut a Layarian and use vozitian orders? it can combo with zealous mystic aswell

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With the 2.9 buff to templar tribe i think this deck has become more viable?
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, that was pleasant surprise, but to be honest, it was not a major change. Hanging around 300, most games are fun, and results are surprisingly stable.

All in all I would say this is a good deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Question to Vozitian orders: I deem use of this particular card to be too huge a tempo loss to build effective strategy around it. I have tried different builds, with no luck, so I am not fan of that card.