Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Creating my first deck

Hi, I started to play this game a couple of weeks ago and, so far, it's been quite entertaining. I hadn't modified my starter deck quite much until now because I hadn't decided what kind of play I'd like to play, but now I've made up my mind and I want to get some advice from experienced players.
    I started playing with Eladwen Frostmite and lightning/ice magic caught my attention. I'm trying to edit my deck so I can attack with lightning magic, (so long, I've been using Voltar's Ring, Static Shock and a couple more cheap cards) and I was wondering which allies could match a spell-oriented deck, and what editions support my idea of deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikaru View Post
    Hi, I started to play this game a couple of weeks ago and, so far, it's been quite entertaining. I hadn't modified my starter deck quite much until now because I hadn't decided what kind of play I'd like to play, but now I've made up my mind and I want to get some advice from experienced players.
    I started playing with Eladwen Frostmite and lightning/ice magic caught my attention. I'm trying to edit my deck so I can attack with lightning magic, (so long, I've been using Voltar's Ring, Static Shock and a couple more cheap cards) and I was wondering which allies could match a spell-oriented deck, and what editions support my idea of deck.
    Lightning Strike by itself is a strong card. Static Shock and Voltar's ring are more limited. They may look good on paper, but it's actually hard to get those sorts of combos working consistently. I think rather than going for a lightning theme, you should think about what kind of game you want to play.

Do you want to play a game where you hit your opponent fast and hard, but have limited staying power? Then you'll want cards like Kristoffer Wyld, Cinderborn, Aldon, Fireball and Amulet of Conjuring.

Do you want a game where you keep your opponent in check while slowly wearing them down over time? Then you'll want to include cards like Transmogrification, Sorceror of Endia, Layarian Seductress and Tome of Knowledge.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the game - and good choice for an initial hero (mages are rather straight forward and it's rather cheap to make a competitive deck).

Handy allies to the above list:

Jasmine - to stall enemy allies
    Priest of the Light - heal and stall opponent's shadow energy
    Tainted Oracle - Just for the draw and to keep pressure off your hero
    Fleet-footed Messenger - deck manipulation
    Champion of Irum - fairly standard 2 cc drop
    Frosted Urigon - meaty ally that freezes foes.

The ability Consuming Fear is great against ally based decks.

There are a few more if you want to start getting into the beta set, but you should know that if you don't use any Fates cards you won't be paired against a deck that has them - they are sorta separate while that set is still in beta.