Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about switching to Elementalis and trying to take advantage of Bloodthisty? It workd quited well in DP and Harbinger is a better 2 drop to go along Karash than what was previsouly available.

Since you want to play Morphic Armor anyways, your Hero ability doesn't matter much.

7 or 8 Harbinger/Ironhide Karash would give you a great chance of having a survivable T2 drop. Going second, T3 Bloodthirsty kills any 4HP allies. Going first, you get a chance to play a drop which is even better.

I think I'd also play a few Rampant Krygon or DMT to combo with buffed Harbinger/Karash to get board control on T3.

So I think that if I wanted to keep the heart of your deck but give it more early game, I'd play something like this:

x1 Elementalis

Allies
    x3 Harbinger of the Lost
    x4 Ironhide Karash
    x3 Spitfire Hound
    x4 Cleric of the Asyn
    x3 Rampant Krygon
    x3 Ravager Zealot
    x4 Xar Modulator
    x4 Falseblood Cultist

Abilities
    x4 Bloodthirsty
    x4 Exaltation

Items
    x3 Morphic Armor
    Last edited by FDL; 01-22-2015 at 04:10 PM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    How is Xar's survival rate upon hitting the board?
    75%. 6hp is massive on T4 (survives Supernova). He's an auto target for instant kill cards the turn he's dropped but he more commonly falls victim to some sort of disabling/crippling effect via attachment. I think people assume him to be useless as long as an enemy attachment is on him but Morphic Armor remedies that.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 01-22-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Romantic Gunner View Post
    75%. 6hp is massive on T4 (survives Supernova). He's an auto target for instant kill cards the turn he's dropped but he more commonly falls victim to some sort of disabling/crippling effect via attachment which gets eaten by Ravaging Zealot or Spitfire Hound.
    Zealot and Spitfire Hound can destroy only attachments you control, not opponent's
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    Zealot and Spitfire Hound can destroy only attachments you control, not opponent's
    I jumped the gun and referenced the wrong cards. Guess you caught me while I was editing my post lol. Glad were on the same page here though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ahh Elementalis.
    I'll give her a try see what happens.

Speaking of Elementalis, just before I finally decided to actually build this deck, I decided I was going to wreck a few punks in qm with an almost ally exclusive Elementalis build featuring a bunch of pesky shadow allies such as Ironhide Karash, Infernal Gargoyal, Death Mage Thaddeus, Grimghast, Death Collector and boost them with Stardust Amplifier.

Immediately got matched up against 8 consecutive solo stall decks and got my ass handed me. Smh, I just gave up and went to sleep.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried a similar build with Elementalis before without Morphic Armor and it had a really hard time contesting the board. I switched it up to a non-Ravager deck with Voracious Arachnid but against Warriors and Priests I had trouble with Crippling Blow and Hymn. My only solution was Super Focus but that tends to leave you open to a flood of allies.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My first impression is that the deck lacks focus, and many of the cards don't really synergise well with each other.

I never really got morphic armour. It's hard to stick around because it's so expensive and has little durability. It's also expensive to use. You usually want to use it the turn you play it, which makes the timing very finicky. When I used it in dark prophecies, it was usually to surprise-steal an opponent's enrage or move a crippling blow around, but I rarely get a 2nd use out of it. Not to mention that Zaladar actually has a very strong ability that you will find yourself using early in the game, so you be all the more shadow-energy constrained.

I think you may want to focus on building a normal weenie deck. The deck I saw being played used Praxix to try and get exaltation into the graveyard, then attaching it to xar modulator. But otherwise, it used the typical graveyard cards like reactory, brimstone devourer, harbinger etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've tried this deck now four times against the AI Nishaven. It's pretty darn useless as it gets countered by any removal spells, retreat and whatnot that gets thrown on you. There is absolutely no chance of you ever getting to keep your Xar on the board long enough for it to actually do anything.

It's extremely gimmicky and requires a perfect draw or you're literally dead in the water with no control. I loved the idea of the deck, but unfortunately it seems like it's way too easy to counter.

It works semi-well against ally-heavy decks if you can keep board control. If you're up against any kind of allyless or heavy removal deck, you're dead in the water before you can get anything on the board.
    Last edited by Moonshine Fox; 01-23-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox View Post
    I've tried this deck now four times against the AI Nishaven. It's pretty darn useless as it gets countered by any removal spells, retreat and whatnot that gets thrown on you. There is absolutely no chance of you ever getting to keep your Xar on the board long enough for it to actually do anything.
    Actually Exaltation trumps Retreat. Steadfast.

It's extremely gimmicky and requires a perfect draw or you're literally dead in the water with no control.
    Bazaar and Bloodthirsty help coax the combo along with great draw power.

I loved the idea of the deck, but unfortunately it seems like it's way too easy to counter.

It works semi-well against ally-heavy decks if you can keep board control. If you're up against any kind of allyless or heavy removal deck, you're dead in the water before you can get anything on the board.
    I am aware. That's why I created this thread asking for suggestions.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 01-23-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Obelisk of echo and thris demolitionist as well as shriek of revulsion can all be used to uncripple Xar from enemy attachments and remove exaltation from him to boost cleric of asyn attack. I guess with morphic armour you can move exaltation on to another ally of yours to attack again with a big hit rather like zealous mystic can pass attachments around for Templars. Crystal shards and anti matter will, as others have said, give you best chance of getting exaltation in your graveyard by t4