Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Ravaging, Morphic Modulator

I'll begin by saying that I am currently testing and molding this idea and welcome any and all feedback and suggestions. Please do not be shy because, to be quite honest, I haven't gotten off to a great start with this one and I've began questioning the viability of the overall idea.

As an advid Elemental player, I was very intrigued by Exaltation since the release of Shattered Fates. With the additional discard support, Xar Modulator immediately came to mind and ideas started flowing.

I wanted to take advantage of Exaltation's massive benefits by abusing Xar Modulator's free ability. Not only was this possible, but it could possibly be achieved prematurely thanks to additional discard support also offered by the Shattered Fates Expansion. In addition, I could also further benefit from taking advantage of and abusing Xar Modulator's ability thanks to the additional Ravager tribesmen featured in Shattered Fates. Then, when going through the card list, I realized that a dusty old armor showed great potential in synergizing with this combo. Morphic Armor.

So the basic turn sequence would go as follows;
    T1 -
    T2 - Harbinger of the Lost (Possible Exaltation discard)
    T3 - Cleric of the Asyn
    T4 - Xar Modulator
    T5 - Falseblood Cultist, discard Exaltation, draw two cards, retrieve Exaltation via Xar Modulator, swing
    T6 - Morphic Armor, destroy Exaltation (boosting Cleric of the Asyn) via Ravager Zealot for haste and swing, or destroy Exaltation (boosting Cleric of the Asyn) via Spitfire Hound for direct damage, retrieve Exaltation via Xar Modulator, swing, activate Morphic Armor, move Exaltation to Cleric (or any other readied ally), swing
    T7 - Repeat

If you were lucky enough to discard Exaltation on T2, you'll be a turn ahead.

This all sounds good in theory, but apparently the meta laughs at a T5 setup and begins dismantling the pieces before they ever have a chance to come together.

I'll start off with a basic deck list and hopefully, through discussion and suggestions within the community, this idea can finally get off the ground.

Zaladar
    The Ravaging, Morphic Modulator

Allies
    Xar Modulator x4
    Harbinger of the Lost x4
    Spitfire Hound x4
    Cleric of the Asyn x4
    Ravager Zealot x4
    Falseblood Cultist x4

Abilities
    Bloodthirsty x4
    Exaltation x4

Items
    Bazaar x4
    Morphic Armor x4
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 01-22-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds like a nice idea! Got to test it before i can say anything.

Could Praxix be the better hero for this deck? I guess its quite unlikely to get the attachement in the gy on T2. So you would have to use Falseblood cultist on T5 mostly. With praxix ability you would lose the SE needed for morphic armor but you would have good chances getting the attachement into your gy. So you could summon a new Xar modulator or cleric on this turn if they were killed already.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhorex View Post
    Sounds like a nice idea! Got to test it before i can say anything.

Could Praxix be the better hero for this deck? I guess its quite unlikely to get the attachement in the gy on T2. So you would have to use Falseblood cultist on T5 mostly. With praxix ability you would lose the SE needed for morphic armor but you would have good chances getting the attachement into your gy. So you could summon a new Xar modulator or cleric on this turn if they were killed already.
    Good question. To answer, Praxix was actually the original hero I tested this combo with. The reason I ultimately chose Zaladar was because his ability is excellent for early board control, which shadow elementals and Ravagers lack.

And yes, Harbinger hitting Exaultation on T2 is rare. Very rare. I usually discard it on T5 via Falseblood Cultist.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 01-22-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why bazaar? Maybe Crystal shards?
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    Why bazaar? Maybe Crystal shards?
    I chose Bazaar because it's a great draw engine, another Elemental lack, and it's also great ability fodder for Spitfire Hound and Ravager Zealot.

If you miss your T2 drop (Harbinger) going first, Bazaar is a great recovery drop. Your opponent probably didn't play anything T1 so they don't benefit from it T2, you do. Then destroy it T3 to haste Zealot in on their T2 drop.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 01-22-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So does Crystal shards with added ability to put attachment into graveyard
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    So does Crystal shards with added ability to put attachment into graveyard
    I'm really not too keen on even running Harbinger of the Lost here. It has a 1/10 chance of hitting Exaltation. I mainly run it because its an almost garaunteed 2/4. I need the high health due to lack of direct board control. I've even considered swapping him for Brutalis with the hope that my opponent would maybe just ignore it.

Same with Crystal Shards. It could discard an Exaltation but the chances are 1/10. It could very possibly discard a Falseblood Cultist and draw anything other than an Exaultation. The last thing I want is Falseblood hitting the grave. Without him, my plan basically gets pushed back a turn.

I'd much rather draw them both and discard Exaltation via Falseblood Cultist and get the additional draw.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 01-22-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think anti matter would be better than bazaar. It gives a better chance at discarding and is more focused. I like the idea though, I might toy with it today.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    I think anti matter would be better than bazaar. It gives a better chance at discarding and is more focused. I like the idea though, I might toy with it today.
    Problem with Antimatter is, it's expensive and slows you down.

Actually, I think you guys are overthinking it a bit. Give it a try. All you need is one Exaltation in the grave. Once you get it there, you just have to keep the pressure up (this is where Bazaar and Bloodthirsty come in handy) because you're gonna be slinging Exaltation around like crazy. Attach it, attack, destroy it, kill ally, bring it back, attach it to him, attack again. Discarding anything else is excessive.

No matter what I try, I just can't seem to get a consistent build rolling though.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 01-22-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How is Xar's survival rate upon hitting the board?
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...