Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Layarian Diplomat did not remove Snowland Spotters ability

Ringuccio vs Zookeepre

I played Layarian Diplomat, it was removed from game by a Snare Trap, but not before I targeted a Snowland Spotter.
    The next turn Gwenneth Truesight attacked 2 times with a Soul Seeker. The Spotter was the only card that could have granted that ability on the board.

Bug I think, the Diplomat should have still created the effect regardless of being removed, I am pretty sure this is not like Golden Shield, where he has to still be in play to have created his effect?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zookeepre View Post
    Ringuccio vs Zookeepre

I played Layarian Diplomat, it was removed from game by a Snare Trap, but not before I targeted a Snowland Spotter.
    The next turn Gwenneth Truesight attacked 2 times with a Soul Seeker. The Spotter was the only card that could have granted that ability on the board.

Bug I think, the Diplomat should have still created the effect regardless of being removed, I am pretty sure this is not like Golden Shield, where he has to still be in play to have created his effect?
    Hi. All cards have to be in play to have their effect unless the effect is a negative effect as defined in the rulebook (poisoned, ablaze, frozen, can't attack, can't defend, disabled, can't activate abilities), which sticks regardless of the source being in play, or it's one of those "when (this card) is discarded ..." effects that could not exist in the game without an exception to the needing-to-be-in-play rule.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah... where is the rulebook? I would be interested in being able to refer to it in such cases.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Btw what happens, when Layarian removes the passive ability of spotter and gets killed ny Gwenneth's attack?
    WouldGwenneth be exhausted or not?

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn