Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Preview of Balance Changes for 2.89

Hi all,

The following balance changes are scheduled for 2.89:

NERFS (2)

Rampant Krygon: Health reduced to 1 (from 2). Ability changed to: "Haste. 1: Target other ally gains +1 base attack and takes 1 damage." (from "Haste. 1: Target other ally gains +1 base attack and is reduced by 1 health.")

Dagger of Fate: Ability changed to "0SE: If a card was discarded from anywhere this turn, Dagger of Fate has +2 attack while in combat with allies until the end of your turn." (from "0SE: If a card was discarded from anywhere this turn, Dagger of Fate has +2 attack until the end of your turn.")

BUFFS (13)

Ythan: Ability changed to: "Target friendly hero or ally can attack 2 times this turn, regardless of stealth or protector, and has ambush until the end of the turn." (from "Target friendly hero or ally can attack 2 times this turn, and has ambush until the end of the turn.")

Skervox: Ability changed to: "4SE: All opposing allies are poisoned and are disabled for 1 turn, and Hunter allies cost you 1 less resource to summon this turn." (from "4SE: All opposing allies are disabled until the start of your next turn and poisoned.")

Praxix: Ability changed to: "4SE: All players discard 3 cards from their decks. Target opposing hero or ally takes X damage, where X was the number of allies discarded." (from "4SE: All players discard 3 cards from their decks. Target opposing hero or ally takes X damage, where X was the number of allies discarded, to a maximum of 4.")

Growing Bog-dweller: Ability cost reduced to 0 (from 2).

Grimjaw Hydra: Now Ravager.

Flameborn Defiler: Now Homunculus.

Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned: Ability changed to: "Steadfast. Infernus has immunity to fire damage. Fire damage to opposing allies is increased by 1." (from "Steadfast. Fire damage to opposing allies is increased by 1.").

Wulven Rally: Cost dropped to 1 (from 2).

Redux Channel: Ability changed to "All opposing players discard 2 cards from their decks. Up to 2 target cards in an opposing graveyard are put on top of their owner's deck and that player takes damage equal to the number of cards moved there this way." (from "Up to 2 target cards in an opposing graveyard are put on top of their owner's deck and that player takes 1 damage for each card moved this way.")

Pride of the Yari: Ability changed to "1D: Friendly Yari allies have +X attack until the end of the turn, where X is the number of Yari allies you control + 1." (from "1D: Friendly Yari allies have +X attack until the end of the turn, where X is the number of Yari allies you control.")

Metamorphic Cloak: Cost dropped to 3 (from 4).

Robes of Mending: Ability changed to: "At the end of each of your turns, your hero heals 1 damage. 2SE: Target hero or ally heals 4 damage and Robes of Mending loses 1 durability." (from "At the start of each of your turns, your hero heals 1 damage. 2SE: Target hero or ally heals 4 damage and Robes of Mending is destroyed.).

Pithing Spear: Ability changed to: "When your hero kills an opposing ally in combat, your hero gains +1 shadow energy. While you control a Shadow ally, Pithing Spear has +1 attack." (from "When your hero kills an opposing ally in combat, your hero gains +1 shadow energy. While you control a Shadow ally, Pithing Spear has +1 attack while in combat with allies.").

REJIGS (4)

Frostmare: Health reduced to 1 (from 2). Ability changed to "Haste. While an opposing player controls more allies than you, Frostmare costs 2 less resources to summon." (from "Haste. While an opposing player controls more allies than you, Frostmare costs 1 less resources to summon.")

Harbinger of the Lost: Attack increased to 2 (from 1). Ability changed to: "When Harbinger of the Lost enters play, each player discards a card from their deck." (from "When Harbinger of the Lost enters play, each player discards a card from their deck. If at least one ally was discarded this way, Harbinger of the Lost gains +1 base attack and +1 health.")

Amulet of Conjuring: Ability changed to "Sustain: 1SE. 0SE: Draw 3 cards and remove 1 of your resources from play, and your hero takes 1 damage." (from "1SE: Draw 3 cards and remove 1 of your resources from play.")

Anarchic Looting: Ability changed to "All items are destroyed. Draw a card for each item that was destroyed, to a maximum of 3." (from "All items are destroyed. Draw a card.")

CORRECTIONS (3)

Demetreyo: Health in card list and image should be 2, since it has always been coded as 2, with no balance issues.

Nathanias: Ability should be "When Nathanias is summoned, draw a card. If that card is an ally, its first summoning this turn is at no cost."

Reverberate: Should say "opposing player" not "opposing hero".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice
    I'm from Thailand boardgame club
    If you ever going to Thailand feel free to contact me if you want to play some boardgame
    we have meeting every saturday

$610.08

I buy : Gift Code
    Sell : CotC / DP boosters cotc/Dp complete CotC/DP premium/exclusive PM me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Amulet's change is senseless imho.
    This way it is still usable for rush mages (especially Aramia, but also Loest), but totally useless for other mages, like Majiya and Raikka that would need it.
    Ythan ability buff is ok, but it doesn't remove it's main weakness, the lack of board impact. It will be easier to buff him with good hasted allies in future though. At least moonstalker and tala are not autoloss anymore.
    I'm also wondering why Raikka wasn't buffed.
    The change to Dagger of Fate was needed because of that annoying rush Aramia, but Zaladar should have something back. Brimstone devourer ha been nerfed, Soulbound Armor has been nerfed, Krygon has been nerfed, Harbinger has been nerfed, Cutlass has been removed from his pool, Dagger has been nerfed. Zaladar player must be very angry these days...
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Might as well go ahead and make Rampant Krygon a Ravager also. He's now their new bff.

Pride of the Yari is even more of a win more than ever.

Its cool Praxix got a few buffs.

Robes of Mending... Dang. This thing is up there with Soul Reaper now.

And idea when 2.89 will be released?... And if you say 'soon', I'll drop kick you in the throat... Through a table... Off the top rope.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    These are all very good!

Especially Ythan's buff ... that is awesome... he needed a way to deal with stealth that was ally based and not ability based

I like buffs to Infernus and bog dweller too

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yay we can finally talk about this shit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe Robe of Mending can be a buff for Jericho, it seems pretty good.
    Krygon and Harbinger nerf were needed I guess.

I don't get why Flameborne Defiler is an homunculus, but it doesn't hurt, I guess

Pride of the Yari is still inferiority to the Kings pride probably. It's better to play a non-yari deck with TKP than a Yari deck with PotY. It should at least cost less.
    Last edited by Lahiri; 01-13-2015 at 10:26 AM.

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Discard Zaladar bites the dust. The whole archetype is dead :/

Robes of Mending looks OP though, the armour has 5 dura. Skervox looks interesting with resource manipulation decks in the future. Infernus will probably see play with decks running Supernova. Not sure if Amulet change will help, but it was needed I guess.

plo
    Was it necessary to buff Skervox? I thought he was good enough already

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by plo View Post
    Was it necessary to buff Skervox? I thought he was good enough already
    He was inferior to other shadow hunters. I like the buff tbh. It promotes ally based builds as opposed to mill, which is good.
    It also promotes hunter allies which, except for Bobcat, arent very popular.
    Cards like Drangis and Venomflame Archer can be quite good in a Skervox deck now.

A missing piece is an help for Nishaven (a better change for Amulet could do it) and for Ter Adun, who's almost useless these days. Ravager could be created in a way that Ter Adun ability becomes useful, but it seems it isn't the case and other heroes are better with this tribe.
    Last edited by Lahiri; 01-13-2015 at 11:18 AM.

1lluminati in 7enebris