Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Prometheus' Wrath (GB hellfire)

Once he was a kind god that brought warmth to peoples hearts and homes. Devoting himself to help the weak, he went even as far as to oppose the other gods that had grown envious. Overwhelmed by the strength of the regnant ones he was sentenced to eternal torment.

As the ages went by finally a hero appeared to redeem Prometheus from his suffering. But he was no longer the one he used to be – decades of agony had corrupted his tender heart and turned the pitifulness he once fostered for the ignorance of his fellow kind into unforgiving hate. Filled with burning rage he sallied forth to take revenge, only leaving charcoal corpses and scorched earth behind on his trail of destruction...

***HERO***
    Gravebone (aciently "Prometheus"^^)

***Allies (21)***
    3x Furrion Terror
    2x Spitfire Hound
    2x Grimghast
    3x Flameborn Defiler
    4x Falseblood Cultist
    3x Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned
    1x Fatebreak Familiar
    3x Phoenix Urigon

***Abilities (12)***
    2x Fireball
    1x Shriek of Vengeance
    3x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x Meteor Shower
    2x Stoneskin
    2x Incendiary Curse

***Items (8)***
    4x Tome of Knowledge
    4x Thoughtful Investment

***Armors (2)***
    2x Blazing Shield

TOTAL: 43 cards + Hero

Deckbuilder

This is still only a deck-draft and ideas for improvement are very welcome! The main concept of this very slow to start deck is to use synergies between the different (fire)allies achieving a 3+fire-dmg “nova” from casting Furion Terror that hurts yourself only very little and keeps your allies (at least most) on the board. Gravebone seems kind of perfect to get one 5/6 ally for free, at least if you manage to get one into the graveyard...

Be prepared to get beaten badly before landing the first blow. Thoughtful Investment – which I consider to be an awesome card – helps to speed up with the preparations:

My suggestion (if your starting hand enables you):

T2 – Tome Of Knowledge
    T3 - Thoughtful Investment (gaining slowly recourses/card advantage)
    T4 - Falseblood Cultist → (Discard Infernus or Flameborn Defiler) OR simply play Furion Terror (getting it killed/Sac while dealing dmg to the board might be easier)
    T5or6 – cast Infernus or Flameborn Defiler and get your Furion out for board-burn
    T7 Burn everything to the ground. YAY!

Of course you'll have to adapt to your opponents playstyle – for a solo build the board-burn is useless but Incendiary Curse might come in handy – against item + ally nice to combo with Spitfire Hound. This is more of a “theme-deck” than something I consider competitive but – perhaps with your help (^____^) – it will get good enough to be played every now and then...

have a nice play!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    PS. I started a thread to hopefully get Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned a little buff. the deck would gain a good benefit from it.
    i am glad about everyone that joins the debate and helping this way this cool card to get even (more) useful:

Infernus-Tyrant-of-the-Damned-Change-suggestion

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. I really like the write-up. BTW, there's a new deckbuilder here: http://tools.shadowera.net

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hi. I really like the write-up. BTW, there's a new deckbuilder here: http://tools.shadowera.net
    Thx! I'll have a look at the deckbuilder soon.
    And I think it is due to this cool forum (community) that rather uninvolved people - like me - start to get motivated to do stuff like that... Yeah!
    Twisted Marrow the Prophet of Mayhem
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn