Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am pretty sure Gandalf used Flames of Something to defeat that Balrog in mines of Moria, so it wasn't exactly immune to fire...
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    I am pretty sure Gandalf used Flames of Something to defeat that Balrog in mines of Moria, so it wasn't exactly immune to fire...
    Fire type pokemon like Charizard or Arcanine are 2x resistant to fire type moves. Not exactly immune either but lore wise itd make sense for a being completely made of fire to have some if not all resistance to fire.

But I like OPs idea, fire decks are fairly rare and could use a boost. I doubt Inferus having immunity to supernova will break the game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    there are already 2 fire immune allies, why not use them in your supernova spam deck? In either case, lets not pretend that the only reason for this proposal is flavor...is infernus underpowered/underused? Is supernova? Is Furion Terror? If you can't answer yes to all of those, I don't think this is a wise move.
    haha. for a second i felt like getting provoked. but then i just realized - i goddamn hate!hate!hate! Super Nova! because i've seen quiet some forum-posts from you during my forum investigations (really cool stuff and so much to learn!) and i consider you to be a very good and experienced player and i'll take you seriously:

- I don't think a burn-mage will play a 6-cost ally, at leat not, if reduced to 4/6.
    - i don't know if Furion or Infernus are over/underused. but i've never encountered them in my (short) SE time so far...
    - and finally: YES, it is for flavour. you may think of me as a romantic desillusionist. or whatever (:

you are very welcome to have a look (an laugh) at my deck i would like this change for - just finished the writing and posted it a few minutes ago...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The biggest issue I see is making an ally that is immune to two forms of removal and very resistant to a third. As is, infernus is immune to abilities that exile and bounce (due to steadfast). Adding fire immunity not only makes it immune to opposing supernovas, but more importantly, it makes it very hard for opposing allies to kill it - since they've got to either have haste or survive a 6 hp supernova / 7hp swing. Since GB can easily bring this into play T5 and follow it up with a supernova, this is a big deal.

So this guy essentially becomes immune to Loest's ability, Fireball, Supernova, most allies, assassination (except when paired with haste), retreat / road less traveled. He not only becomes a hard counter to mages in general, but also in a GB deck becomes a hard counter to rogues and moonstalker (since you can pair him with spamming supernovas and FTs. With flameborn defiler, FT and supernova you can create a complete lock against ally-based and mage decks.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaggathor View Post
    Fire type pokemon like Charizard or Arcanine are 2x resistant to fire type moves. Not exactly immune either but lore wise itd make sense for a being completely made of fire to have some if not all resistance to fire.

But I like OPs idea, fire decks are fairly rare and could use a boost. I doubt Inferus having immunity to supernova will break the game
    THIS is exactly what crossed my mind. YEAH! (((((:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wouldn't mind seeing bigger and badder fatties just to see what kind of decks they end up being inserted in.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs choo View Post
    - I don't think a burn-mage will play a 6-cost ally, at leat not, if reduced to 4/6.
    I guess you weren't around in the GB T4 Dakrath days. Essentially Gravebone can get a Dakrath out T4 (T3 if lucky -using sun-blighted one and harbinger) by playing Harbinger T2 (which may feed a Dakrath into the graveyard if on top of the deck). Follow this up with T4 Cultist (to feed a Dakrath into the graveyard if in hand) and bring it into play with his ability.

With infernus the order would be:
    T2 Harbinger,
    T3 whatever - maybe a draw engine,
    T4 cultist - discard Infernus,
    T5 use abiility, bring back Infernus, attack with other allies (if still there), Supernova or Furion Terror if needed, or play Flameborn Defiler if not.

Afterwards it would just be a matter of spamming FTs and Supernovas to maintain the board while beating down on the opponent.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    The biggest issue I see is making an ally that is immune to two forms of removal and very resistant to a third. As is, infernus is immune to abilities that exile and bounce (due to steadfast). Adding fire immunity not only makes it immune to opposing supernovas, but more importantly, it makes it very hard for opposing allies to kill it - since they've got to either have haste or survive a 6 hp supernova / 7hp swing. Since GB can easily bring this into play T5 and follow it up with a supernova, this is a big deal.

So this guy essentially becomes immune to Loest's ability, Fireball, Supernova, most allies, assassination (except when paired with haste), retreat / road less traveled. He not only becomes a hard counter to mages in general, but also in a GB deck becomes a hard counter to rogues and moonstalker (since you can pair him with spamming supernovas and FTs. With flameborn defiler, FT and supernova you can create a complete lock against ally-based and mage decks.
    thx for your consideration and reply. nice!

i edited the initial post:
    EDIT: " 4/6 Steadfast. Fire damage to opposing allies is increased by 1. Fire damage to Infernus is reduced by 2. "

yes, you are right. if the relation of buff/nerf is not even, this would eventually become a GB-must-have-card like Dakrath (or am i mistaken?)... that's why i think it is cool to discuss it with people like you that can make their decision based on a lot more than my expirience.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    haha. you were faster than me. haha. but seems we're not so very far apart...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You only have 4 Supernovas in the deck and with gravebone you can play Nova, then return an ally to play, so you don't need it to be immune today fire.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris