Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Help me beat Serena and Zal.

So I do very very well in the 260 under range. Then I hit the wall of zals and Serena's that is this upper meta and bam. It almost seems no matter what I do I lose a lot. And it's most the time those two heros and they are in the top of the Mets that I see.

I am curious as to what heros everyone thinks would be the best matchup against a typical discard zal and a cutles Serena. I tend to like the Warriors so was leaning towards Boris. Anyways just wanted some feedback. If your a great Serena or zal player what heros and what builds tend to give you the hardest times????
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Two different Types
    Zal hates Hunters, Especially BB. This is at least at the most common builds nowadays (no Fatty). Zal also hates protectors
    Serena hates High Health or Hard to kill allies. For her you need to go the Fatty route
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So it seems that a good Boris deck with an aeon and some 5 cc drops might do good against both of them???? Or a Banebow with fatties? Like an undead Banebow, perhaps he is the way to go against both. That would take care of those stupid stealth allies that Serena has. So a nice control Boris deck or an undead Banebow deck might be the two best options.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Moonstalker with wulven allies or undead. Zal doesn't like ally heavy Wrath of the Forest deck, or Grave Resistance. Serena hates stealth.

Oh but I think your Tala deck can beat them both. Have you tried it yet?
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes, Undead usually are good against both
    MS, BB are good vs both
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Moonstalker with wulven allies or undead. Zal doesn't like ally heavy Wrath of the Forest deck, or Grave Resistance. Serena hates stealth.

Oh but I think your Tala deck can beat them both. Have you tried it yet?
    No I was wondering about that. And I just made a new one that I think is better. Mind control worries me with tala. However tala may be good versus Serena.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ley Line Nexus works well for me against Serena. I usually keep atleast two of them in my mage decks. You can destroy her weapon and get your draw back from the card she took.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    MS and BB work well vs both.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vainglory View Post
    Ley Line Nexus works well for me against Serena. I usually keep atleast two of them in my mage decks. You can destroy her weapon and get your draw back from the card she took.
    I have had my LLN discarded or stolen more times than I care to remember against Serena...

I started fooling around with an undead Moonstalker deck for fun. It became even more enjoyable when I started to consistently defeat Serena. Interestingly enough, I have not seen Zal much unless I play him myself. We are not far in range either. I hover between 280 - 300.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think to beat Zaladar the best hero will be Elementalis, it may sound odd but if you look at their Hero Ability, Elemantalis will give 3+ health to an ally and Zaladar will reduce 3 health after 1/2 turns, so that ally remains same health with 1+ attack, but what worries is Mind Control, so you shouldn't give an ally too much attack with your Hero Ability. And it's better to focus on Zaladar than his allies... No. 1 reason is Soul Reaper, he may destroy his dead allies and repair his health, Infinity Core also does the same. No. 2 reason is You have Mind Control... if an ally has to much power, hypnotise the ally to attack his/her controller. And another good reason is you have 28 health which is quite enough against Zaladar, he may destroy maximum 9/12 health of Elementalis by his ability, so you have 19/16 health to be beaten by allies and abilities which may sound low but actually enough. I haven't played much games with Zaladar but with Elementalis I've won all of them