Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Some questions for Gondorian

Ok, I really appreciate GDC's attitude and efforts, so I'd like to ask some questions he can reply, and we all have something nice to talk about:

1.- What % of cards in set 4 have been designed?
    2.- What % of cards already designed for set 4 have been coded?
    3.- How is going the debugging of set 3? Before WC2014 there were some bugs that weren't addressed because there was a risk of disrupting the system, so could you solve them?
    4.- There's this eternal bug about supernova not following the standard resolution order that messes up when there is Rampage in play, has this been corrected?
    5.- I read somewhere (not in bug's section of the forum) that sentinel buffing stardust amplifier didnt get buffed back by amplifier's passive ability, was that true? Did you heard about that?
    6.- Do you know if a better reconnection system is on the road for when the connection is lost for some seconds?
    7.- Can you tell if work on set 4 art can/will start before art of set 3 is completed?
    8.- Do you know if Sindarok Apprentice current art is the final one? Because I find it terrible that "she" looks like a guy with nothing to recall the tribe of templars and no trace of tits...
    Last edited by alfa666; 01-12-2015 at 02:56 AM.
    IGN: AA1 Alfa666
    Guildless amateur, for the moment being.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. I can't actually answer all of those, but I'll do my best.

1. Over 100%! We start out with a story for the set, some gameplay themes we want it to convey, some new mechanics we want to include. From there, we design cards. We have more than 300 cards designed. Of course, none are their final versions. There's a long way to go. And some will get discarded and new ones will come in.

2. I don't think that's the kind of thing I can answer. Would Blizzard reveal such a thing about their latest set? I don't know.

3. Last week, I went through the entire 2.88 bug thread and logged all the bugs in Jira, estimating how long they would take to fix which involved trying to work out how to fix them. See here: http://dev.wulven.com:8080/

4. There was a time it worked correctly. I know why it currently goes wrong. See here: http://dev.wulven.com:8080/browse/SE-858

5. Yes, that's one of the bugs I logged. http://dev.wulven.com:8080/browse/SE-876

6. I don't know that one. It wasn't part of the kickstarter promises, so some would say it shouldn't be done until the rest are. I hope it is improved though. I sometimes get the wi-fi countdown thing on my iPad at home despite seemingly OK connection and it is annoying. Good job I don't care about my rating!

7. If we have anyone available to work on set 4 art, I'd be asking why they aren't finishing set 3 art. If we discover anything worth licensing for set 4 then that could be lined up though.

8. Technically, no art is final until we print the set. Personally, I really did think that art was a flat-chested woman. I take your point that she/he doesn't look like your typical Templar, but she is not your typical Templar - hence the reference to Sindarok, whatever that is. (I know, but the viewer/player is meant to be wondering about it!)

Cheers!

EDIT: I just dug up my set design process article from the Updates section of the Kickstarter and reposted it here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Design-Process. It should help flesh out my answer to question 1.