Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Transmogrification Curse

Hi, someone inquired about this before and it didn't let me add to the conversation.

Transmogrification Curse says "Your hero loses 1 SE: target opposing ally loses all abilities and becomes an artifact without durability." It doesn't make it clear that the design team meant for the ability to cost 1SE, just that losing 1SE is a consequence of using the ability.

If you look at Amulet of Conjuring, the text says: "1SE: Draw 2 cards and remove 1 of your resources from play." Now in this case, the description follows the standard of how the cost of using an ability is expressed.

Is it a wording issue, or should I be able to use Transmog when I don't have any SE? I feel like there is another card in the game that makes you lose SE (only if you have any) when playing it, but I can't remember which one...
    Minmatar Guardian of the Incal
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heya,

The use of a colon (lose 1 se: ) is meant to represent a cost that must be paid in order to benefit from the card's effect. For example, the Rogue card Smoke Screen uses a colon to show that you have to be able to exhaust your hero in order to disable all opposing allies.

Hope that helps!
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101