Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    3d interface... Whats that for? Lags? I like the game how its now. Maybe could be a little bit faster.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreeing on what has been pointed out, my personal list of suggestions/request is in this priority:

1.- More communication and information about what's going on in the development.

Implementation of:
    2.- Leagues
    3.- Tournaments
    4.- Guilds
    5.- Campaign
    6.- Card auction house

Problems/mistakes/delays are all acceptable, lack of communication and transparency at this point is not. Also, when there is a request for developments or news about the implementation of the features, and specifically *in this one context*, I think no one cares if there is GenCon, 20th anniversary of game preserve celebration, 50% off sale, WC program, WC specials, season X top 100 players, or what are the issues with physical cards. Of the whole http://www.shadowera.com/content.php?5-News page the only article relevant on this subject is "Version 2.88 is here". Nobody is asking for "New version x.xx is here" every two weeks, but relevant and regular information about their development status is crucial.
    Last edited by alfa666; 01-11-2015 at 02:11 PM.
    IGN: AA1 Alfa666
    Guildless amateur, for the moment being.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fix single player

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Should we just pick up our pitchforks and staft rioting?
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekoz View Post
    i still check into these forums every now and then, and usually i just silently observe these types of threads. but as of late, there's been a surge in the general dissatisfaction by traditionally nonvocal, or slow-to-anger members. so i thought i'd just weigh in. again.

@gondorian: i'm sure you get this often, i know i've held discussion with you about this before, but the response you gave in this thread is just not totally pertinent to the situation. it's a reverberation of the same old topic: "the cards are almost done, your kickstarter won't be in vain." but through all the discussions held on this topic; most have not started out just about the not-so-new cards. They're about the kickstarter in general. the lack of company contact. the snail's pace of updates. the new features promised and hinted at a year ago.

the only new features in the game that i am personally aware of is a new title screen with some animated snow, a daily log-in bonus, and some "watch video, receive crystals" advertising scheme that is iOS only. now, don't get me wrong, that is something, but we were promised auctioning. updated deck builders. profiles, visuals, groups, and a campaign mode. some of these things are DIFFICULT to program; i can attest to that. but they are all possible to program over the course of a year, with some hard work and attrition. if even just one of these big features was implemented within the year, then i think attitudes would be much brighter.

now, i want to draw your attention to something. at the very bottom of the kickstarter page is a section that outlines how Wulven, as a company, planned to tackle the design process. Quoted:

let's break this down.

So has this happened? at the moment, it seems the money has not been used at all to hire in-house artists, as art is STILL being licensed from third parties. and development of features has been so painfully slow, it is extremely unlikely programmers were hired either. so where has that money gone? i know this isn't a question you even have an answer to, but that's a huge part of the problem. even the man who has been relegated to be the community/company bridge doesn't even know what is going on half the time. we need more contact. All of us.

Then why is the go to excuse have to deal with the card set? in nearly every thread, your answer to the all the FUD is that "the card set is almost done, don't worry! when it's finished, we can branch our efforts!". but this was NEVER supposed to be the case. design was, at least as far as the community was aware, NOT supposed to be linear. i know that what this part of the text actually refers to is programming development, to make sure that all new features were programmed on their own infrastructure; but this still raises the question of why the development timeline is not independent itself. what about the cards specifically is stopping programmers for tackling new features? card design and engine improvements are not co-dependent; one should not effect the other.

Where are the previews? this year started genuine enough, with somewhat persistent updates showing tidbits of things to come. always promised to be coming "soon". but never has the community really gotten to sink its teeth into any of these features par the login screen, which is...well, just a login screen. the steak that was promised to be delivered was just a chunk of some fat. and nothing else was delivered to, as the kickstarter quote put it, "parse feedback". i will admit, the posts that were made were valuable, as it let us know the direction you were taking "3-D battlefield" in, and we were able to voice our opinion as a community. but after that it was almost as if you didn't WANT to hear our feedback anymore, because you simply stopped posting.

listen, i say all this with respect. i want nothing but the best for the game. but you don't improve through feeding programmed replies to a frustrated community, and the community can't HELP the game improve by not asking questions. i hope you take the time to understand this post, in its entirety, and really delve into these problems with the man you work for. take the time to iron things out; not just how you engage the community, but your business plan and the future of the game itself. like, if the near future of the game doesn't lie in releasing new cards AT ALL (and i'm starting to believe that it seriously does NOT), then that might end up being better for the game. if you can use that time to instead strengthen your engine and implement new features that draw more players and provide more to do, the the time spent is infinitely more valuable.

-Ekoz.
    Heh, you're like me then. Every once in a while checking the forum if anything happened.

Anyway, great post. Completely agree. I don't know how Gondorian can keep responding to this, because he's not even really the blame for this mess.

Anyway, knowing a basis about coding, I do indeed also know that implementing these things can't take this long. If things can't be completed, focus on one at a time and go from there.

Anyway, just wondering: are there legal repercussions for not doing what you said in a kickstarter?
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Heh, you're like me then. Every once in a while checking the forum if anything happened.

Anyway, great post. Completely agree. I don't know how Gondorian can keep responding to this, because he's not even really the blame for this mess.

Anyway, knowing a basis about coding, I do indeed also know that implementing these things can't take this long. If things can't be completed, focus on one at a time and go from there.

Anyway, just wondering: are there legal repercussions for not doing what you said in a kickstarter?
    kickstarter puts 100% of risk on backers i thought.
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Correct, KickStarter does not police anything. It's solely on the backers. The deadlines are more estimates. So if whatever project you funded said it'll take 2 years to do and they say "oops its going to take longer" and it takes 10 years, they still fulfilled their responsibility as a project creator. So legally, nothing can be done about projects taking longer so long as the project eventually gets done.

EDIT: If the game completely fell apart before the project was done, through your own court proceedings if you chose to do it, you could seek a refund.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    I'm sorry Gondo,
    But you mean , this whole thing is held up because of printing issues? My digital game is in the crapper because it wants to physical? Dammit. I've got 3 hobby shops in driving distance, and none of them will carry SE physicals because, they can't even sell the Mtg boosters they have in stock, much less the Yugio or Pokemon.

Dang, i love the game, but if I'm gonna be waiting for real people to buy real cards, I'm gonna die before I see set 5.

You guys wanna sell to live people? Make the hard decisions and get the product out there to sell! They can't buy what nots there!
    ( so I wait for my digital kickstarter bonuses - I got some- but the others I must wait for)

Dammit, I didn't realize this was why it was taking so long.
    Stupid me.
    None of this is about physical. The fact is that the set can't be considered complete until it has art. Until that time, it will be classed as Beta and people will have the option to play without SF (and indeed there are many people who refuse to play with placeholder art). While we wait for the art, the DT will continue to consider balance changes. When we have the art and all balance changes are done, I'll do a final pass over all the wordings, taking into account cards from set 4 as well, in case there's something we may wish to word differently (e.g. a new hook). At that point, we would print it, but that will not be holding up the digital game in the slightest.

@everyone who replied after Kip: As for all the kickstarter stuff, I know that's all missing, but I was responding to the OP who said set 3 was nowhere near complete. Last I heard from Kyle, there's a bunch of stuff done that's going into a 3.0 update, but my focus is on the fundamentals of the game (card design, balance changes, card bug fixes) not the bells and whistles. It is a good job that they are independent or I would be very much stalled.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    3.0? We've been on v.2.88 for two months now. At this rate, we'll reach v.3.0 in 2017.

I am curious though, Dorian. When exactly was the last time you personally spoke with Kyle?
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 01-11-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it there is really major flow in the game development and extremely bad mangment fro the game

So for over 1 year, they failed to complete drawing of 150 cards. The lack of artists or dependence on very un expert artist or not paying enough money for artist have destroyed much the game and destroying its future.

And i have seen many players in guild, which are the most loyal players to game, losing interest and moving to other games..

And apart from the Artist team, who is really proved to be a failure and is threatning the game future as well, i dont know what the coding team is doing.. have they stopped coding and doing nothing and waiting for artist team ti finish so they start? what the sense in that??

There is a lot of questions about the extremely incompetent and failure of Artist team. 1 year to finish 150 drawings? I think they can never put this failure in their CV if they want to apply to another TCG company which produces multiple expansions a year

But what are the coding team doing? only fixing bugs?? waiting for artists to finish drawing so they start coding? i dont understant how this is going on

You are destroying a gem you had which is SE.. Because of this bad management, you are losing many players and allowing a lot of new games to catch you and surpass you which is already happened.

But i want to tell you, if this continues as is, this year will be probably the last for SE

TCG companies are very serious about TCG and didcate huge efforts to dominante the market. Dont blame them, they are playing it correctly, but blame the mangement team in SE
    Last edited by Rivozzz; 01-11-2015 at 06:38 PM.
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild