Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Help With Boris Deck

This is my first deck and has been doing pretty well so far. I have achieved a 234 rating, but would like to get into the 300s. My deck is as follows.

Hero
    1x Boris

Allies
    4x Kris
    4x Puwen
    3x Aldon
    3x Priest of the Light
    3x Armored Sandworm
    4x Gaderi Barbarian

Skills
    4x Blood Frenzy
    4x Crippling Blow
    4x Smashing Blow
    4x War Banner

Armor
    2x The Kings Pride

Any help making this deck better would be greatly appreciated.

This is my updated deck thanks to you guys.

Hero
    1x Boris

Allies
    4x Krisoffer
    4x Yari Blade Dancer
    3x Aldon
    3x Priest of the Light
    3x Armored Sandworm
    2x Viska
    2x Tainted Oracle

Skills
    2x War Banner
    3x Smashing Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    4x Crippling Blow
    3x Treasured Heirloom

Armor
    2x The Kings Pride
    Last edited by Kaiortega; 01-09-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiortega View Post
    This is my first deck and has been doing pretty well so far. I have achieved a 234 rating, but would like to get into the 300s. My deck is as follows.

Hero
    1x Boris

Allies
    4x Kris
    4x Puwen
    3x Aldon
    3x Priest of the Light
    3x Armored Sandworm
    4x Gaderi Barbarian

Skills
    3x Blood Frenzy
    4x Crippling Blow
    4x Smashing Blow
    4x War Banner

Armor
    2x The Kings Pride

Any help making this deck better would be greatly appreciated.
    Replace Puwen with Yari Bladedancers if you have the money! They are strictly superior.

3x Blood frenzy isn't enough for draw. I would suggest at least 4x Blood Frenzy and 3 additional draw cards. Your best options are Bad Santa and treasured heirloom since your deck looks rush oriented. Bad Santa would be a cheap way to refill your hand and keep up the rush.

4x smashing blow seems rather overkill. 3x smashing blow is more than sufficient for a medium length game against Serena, Badurru or amber. At 4x they will clog up your hand against other important matchups. Reduce to 3 copies. Or reduce to 2x smashing blow and a single Artful Squire for flexibility. Artful squire is rather useful in the current meta against Wrath of the forest, amulet of conjuring, and generally opposing draw engines.

4x War banner is also overkill. They are unique so you cannot cast more than one at a given time. You have 3 Aldons for damage boost so I would recommend reducing war banner to 2 copies.

Considering that you have quite a number of damage boosting allies and items, hasted allies get quite a bit of value added to them. I see that you already have 4 Kris and would suggest replacing 4x Gaderi Babarian with 4x fleet footed messengers. With an Aldon , banner and King's pride on the field, you can get a 5 damaged hasted beast for only 3 cost. If you want to go deeper you can replace worm with Viskas for more haste fun

Hope this helped. Cheers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    try replacing gaderi - they're so mediocre. A good choice for a 3cc ally with boris is layarian seductress also when using king's pride / banner / aldon, fleet footed messenger is a solid choice. Also +1 everything Dranjo said.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed with the above.
    Definitely make more draw a top priority.
    I find Bad Santa often messes me up though, I always run heirloom. If you can use Bad Santa well, go for it... There are whole strategy guides about that thing.

With FFM, his ability is often pretty useful too. If you get high cost cards like King's Pride early on it's not too useful since you won't play it for a while, but you do want to have it later... So you can shuffle it back and hope for something more useful the next couple turns. Or if you just need to dig for draw cards.

I would also suggest considering a single copy of Enrage - It can give you the boost you need to finish off a match sometimes, but too many and you have useless cards.
    Keep in mind that attachment removal will really mess that up, but not all decks carry that. I often send it back into my deck with FFM as well instead of holding it in my hand.

Boris is also very well suited to a control style deck so you may want to check that out.
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First off, Welcome to the forum!

Now about your deck... if im counting it right, you may have missed 1 card as i count only 38.

Anyways, what i see is obviously a lack of draw... you must use at least 6 draw cards.
    Also there are some better cards to include and some needs replacing.

Here are the things i would change...

Hero
    1x Boris

Allies [24]
    4x Kris (not needed as there are better cards to include... rushing isnt also Boris' strong point)
    4x Puwen (replace with 4x Yari Bladedancers)
    3x Aldon
    3x Priest of the Light (replace with 4x Fleetfooted Messenger which goes well with Yari Bladedancers)
    4x Gaderi Barbarian (replace with 4x Layarian Seductress to help you with control and in going 2nd)
    add 2x Tainted Oracle (for additional draw)
    add 2x Yari Marksman (additional control in case opponent board gets big)
    3x Armored Sandworm
    add 2x Aeon or 2x Viska (Aeon would most of the time mean GG if opponent cant remove it... Viska for weapon based heroes and hasted damage)

Skills [11]
    3x Blood Frenzy (max out to 4x)
    4x Crippling Blow
    4x Smashing Blow (reduce to 2x... 4x is not needed as it will be dead draws in some cases)
    4x War Banner (remove, may cause you tempo loss and would be dead draws with the quantity)
    add 1x Enrage (additional health if you need the extra 1-2 turns to win. also useful against mages)

Armor / Weapon [4]
    2x The Kings Pride
    add 2x Dragons Tooth (for fatty control which your ability cant reach)

Hopefully i was able to help
    "Learn , Improve , Succeed"

Alternate Reality Champion
    Five Heroes Champion
    The Gunslinger II Champion
    World Championship Wildcard Qualifier 2013 Champion
    World Championship 2013 Top 16
    Asia Regionals 2014 Runner-Up
    World Championship 2014 3rd Runner-Up

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dranjo View Post
    Replace Puwen with Yari Bladedancers if you have the money! They are strictly superior.

3x Blood frenzy isn't enough for draw. I would suggest at least 4x Blood Frenzy and 3 additional draw cards. Your best options are Bad Santa and treasured heirloom since your deck looks rush oriented. Bad Santa would be a cheap way to refill your hand and keep up the rush.

4x smashing blow seems rather overkill. 3x smashing blow is more than sufficient for a medium length game against Serena, Badurru or amber. At 4x they will clog up your hand against other important matchups. Reduce to 3 copies. Or reduce to 2x smashing blow and a single Artful Squire for flexibility. Artful squire is rather useful in the current meta against Wrath of the forest, amulet of conjuring, and generally opposing draw engines.

4x War banner is also overkill. They are unique so you cannot cast more than one at a given time. You have 3 Aldons for damage boost so I would recommend reducing war banner to 2 copies.

Considering that you have quite a number of damage boosting allies and items, hasted allies get quite a bit of value added to them. I see that you already have 4 Kris and would suggest replacing 4x Gaderi Babarian with 4x fleet footed messengers. With an Aldon , banner and King's pride on the field, you can get a 5 damaged hasted beast for only 3 cost. If you want to go deeper you can replace worm with Viskas for more haste fun

Hope this helped. Cheers.

I will give this a try, thanks for your input

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello kaiortega , welcome the community :-)

So your deck looks pretty rushy , if you want to continue your rushy route I will advice adding 4 ffm and some viska as the best way for rush Boris is simply hasted Boris with tkp. I agree with all the above for sure except for bad Santa as draw .. I just don't want to carry gifts if I can carry TO or TH , btw most of borises uses TO at 300

About getting to 300 may you try changing your whole route ?? Try control Boris , I didn't see rush Boris at 300 for months ..

Hope I helped, welcome to us again!
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd suggest shooting to gradually improve your score rather than shooting for 300. Try to improve 20 points as a goal. Then the next season you can add 20 if you make it
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-(AGGRO)-Haste
    Here's a good Boris.

Imo enrage isn't that great of you already lost so much life or plan on losing a lot your not good at controlling.
    It's a crutch. You have 30 life if you can't do it in 30 you won't in 40 I beaten Boris decks with this one and I have no attachment removal and i do a lot of damage where lethal is coming. And my Mage decks will outburn 40 dmg.

Here's my advice don't focus on I'm gonna lose life focus on taking that board get allies out and dominate. Don't waste time.
    And focus on your game play see what ways you can improve yourself watch your games over and over and see what you could have done better. What cards could work better in your deck.

But honestly enrage you shouldn't need it. Even if I lose my opponent is. Close to Death.
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn