Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb ADAPT15's Banebow Ravager Tribe Deck V1.1

Hey guys! It's ADAPT15 here bringing you my second deck build featuring the Shadow Hero Hunter, Banebow! As stated in the title, I will be building this deck using mainly Ravager allies. Before we get into the deck and my reasons for picking the cards (other than them being Ravagers), any tips and/or modifications will greatly help as I am nearing taking this deck into QM's for further evaluation! So without further ado, I present to you Banebow and the Ravager Tribe!

Hero: (1 Total)

1x Banebow

Allies: (18 Total)

4x Ironhide Karash
    4x Rampant Krygon
    3x Cleric of the Asyn
    3x Ravage Zealot
    2x Spitfire Hound
    2x Rapacious Vermin
    2x Murderous Hulk
    2x Thriss Demolitionist

Abilities: (10 Total)

4x Ravens Gambit
    3x Shriek of Vengeance
    3x The Perfect Shot

Items: (6 Total)

3x Thriss Almanac
    3x Obelisk of Echo

Armors: (4 Total)

4x Wrath of the Forest

Weapons: (2 Total)

2x Soul Seeker

So here is my deck at a glance, the next post will explain my reasoning and purpose for each card!
    Last edited by ADAPT15; 01-07-2015 at 08:20 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Alright so here goes the bread and butter of this post! Following will be the purpose for each card selection, so enjoy!

ALLIES

Ironhide Karash: The only non-ravager ally I have in my deck. The reason being is Karash is simply the best 2cc ally drop available. Rapacious Vermin is good, but not as an early 2cc drop, his ability calls for at least 3 abilities or attachments which is VERY unlikely on turn 2 and if I drop him at turn 2 then he's just eating away at Banebows health assisting the opponent. The other turn 2 option was Spitfure Hound, I originally wanted to use him but his ability requires that I destroy one of my items in order to activate his 3 fire damage on an opponent. And considering that I don't use a lot of items, his ability is near useless and his damage output can get him killed quickly whereas Rapacious has better bulk at 5 health to stay in longer and possibly get a boost from Rampant Krygon or Thriss Almanac if he's available late game.

Rapacious Vermin: Again, he is very much situational. His ability is almost like a free item in that I get to destroy a target item and gain a 1+ boost to his attack and health. Combine that with possible Thriss Almanac and Rampant Krygon boost and he can turn out to be a very bulky cheap ally late game.

Cleric of the Asyn: Cleric of the Asyn and Rapacious Vermin have great synergy with each other. Cleric of the Asyn will gain a 2+ boost in his attack if an item or ability is destroyed. The ideal play would be to drop Cleric first then proceed with Rapacious if the opponent has at least 3 items on their board. If not, I included Shriek of Vengeance to better assist in his boost if necessary and you would still play Cleric the same way.

Rampant Krygon: A very critical booster/attacker in this deck which is why I included 4 cards. Not only does he have haste but his ability can also give an immediate boost to any other ally which can be critical if I'm going for the win or if I need that extra boost to kill an opponent who is holding my Hunters Gambit for draw. The only downfall, at the expense of a 1+ attack, the target loses 1 health so this ability is also situational and I usually use it if I know I have decent board control.

Ravager Zealot: I had some questions about Ravager Zealot. The choice was down to either him or Bloodstained Marauder and it still is. Zealot gains haste at the expense of destroying an item I have, which isn't many. But with complete board control I can destroy a Wrath of the Forest or Soul Seeker that's down to one durability or if they are just simply no longer needed and give him an easy haste entry for needed fire power. Again, situational.

Murderous Hulk: I know that 4cc allies are frowned upon but Murderous Hulk has been decent for me grinding against the AI and I would like to see how he does against QM's. If I simply can't make a move my turn while the Hulk is out or if I have only 1 resource left after making prior moves, I can use his ability to attack the opponent with the lowest health and begin to to attack again right after to keep tempo and again, possible KO on an opponent holding a Ravens Gambit for draw.

Thriss Demolitionist: Thriss' ability will always be available considering this is a semi-ravager build so there will usually always be a ravager ally for me to activate his ability if I need to. I was glad to see an ally where his ability doesn't come at an expense of my own items so it was really a no-brainer to include him and round my ally total to an even 20. He's bulky and can benefit from boosts from Rampant Krygon and/or Thriss Almanac.

ABILITIES

Shriek of Vengeance: Self explanatory. Item destruction and can boost Cleric of the Asyn attack to a 2+ if he's already in play or as a combo drop.

The Perfect Shot: Mainly used for bulkier opponents to make it easier for my allies to take them out. Won't really need them early game because that's what the next ability is for but it's still very useful for emergency situations if I don't get Ravens Gambit early.

Ravens Gambit: A near-auto draw for Banebow especially in the early game. Attach it to an ally with low health (let's say Puwen), he goes from 3 health to 2 health. Next turn or same turn if possible, attack with Ironhide Karash or use with Rampant Krygon as a combo drop if possible. Definitely needed 4.

ITEMS

Thriss Almanac: Pretty much a must have considering the deck theme. It gives a 2+ attack boost to all Ravager allies so long as I have 1 resource available to activate it. If it get's destroyed then all opposing allies receive 2 damage. I can also destroy it myself sort of as a suicide item for extra damage.

Armors

Wrath of the Forest: An auto 4x card in this deck considering it is very ally oriented and I do expect allies to die. 9/10 times this will always get played turn 4 for insurance and safety unless the situation doesn't call for it. Banebows other draw mechanic.

Weapons

Soul Seeker: Mainly used to regain lost health and to help Banebow defend against enemy attacks. Attaching a Soul Seeker can also allow Banebow to attack twice for more damage.

And there you have it! My deck at a glance and a more descriptive post about each one. Again, I am very open to all ideas and options if you have them whether it be taking a card out or decreasing the amount of a certain card. Thanks in advance and I hope you all enjoy the deck!
    Last edited by ADAPT15; 01-07-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No obelisk but sov ... I don't know why you did this but I'm sure switching is better to make lots of combos and to target more things
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ragosonos View Post
    No obelisk but sov ... I don't know why you did this but I'm sure switching is better to make lots of combos and to target more things
    I was looking at Obelisk and I don't mind using it and giving it a try to better take advantage of bringing in allies with haste or a boost. Any ideas as to where I can insert it? What should I remove or decrease?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Made some quick changes to the deck already. Removals were marked in red and additions were marked with green. The changes goes as follows...

-Removed Murderous Hulk completely.
    -Removed Rapacious Vermin completely.
    -Removed 1x Soul Seeker as I am not too reliant on it that I need more than 2x.

+Added 3x Obelisk of Echoes to take advantage of possible haste drop for Ravager Zealot.
    +Added 2x Spitfire Hound to take advantage of addition of Obelisk of Echoes and score free 3 fire damage to opposing ally.
    Last edited by ADAPT15; 01-07-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bump for suggestions before I take this deck into testing.