Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

teching against serena

Wondered if anyone had advice on the best way to deal with serena and moon when a warrior. They are my hardest most frustrating matchups when im a warrior. When serena pops up in qm i almost just quit. Thoughts? I was hoping fpr some ideas that would weaken me against other matches. Figure a standard boris amber and tala deck.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Hey I'm nurse. What do you want from me?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, Serena hates high health allies so just go with as high as you can
    With Tala it is not problem, especially if you run Tanks (Wisp, SW)
    With Amber, key is swarming board, FFM will help you there (wearing down BG and Cutless Durability)
    With Boris, just hold on until you can bring in Viska/Aeon

Try not to use to many attachments/item (meaning don't play CP unless really needed). Builds sometime runs Sorcerrer and you don't want you BF removed
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The key with all warriors is to have blood frenzy up and running... Having cards in hand reduces the risk of Serena stealing the critical cards you need

Viska is quite good in all three warriors and obviously smashing blow will be very handy as well to take care of her weapons

For Tala, fortified wisp is really great. He can wear down weapons and black garb too

For Boris, Artful Squire to kill IGG in a control deck like the one Justicar played in WC is your best bet

For Amber, just rush her hero down and crippling blow allies. Serena has a slow start so exploit this

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I allways grimace when turn five hits against Serena. Maybe it's the way I play blood frenzy. I usually wait till turn five or six and try and get allies out quicker. Is blood frenzy like a turn three no matter what kind of card
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if turn 5, you have a near empty hand - just try to make the card you have in hand mediocre. Don't give Serena a shattering blow - as Amber for example. I think most warrior matchups are fairly even for Serena, with Boris being able to play a slower control game and Amber being able to play a faster, rush game. Tala can win with a rush - but if she fails, it's over. Tala can also win with fortified wisps and Fleet-Footed Messengers. High health is tough to deal with as is armor, as is 1 attack - since it won't die to black garb. That said, I usually find Tala to be an easy matchup as Serena.

One thing to watch for is a sorceror of endia taking out your blood frenzy early and one thing to strive for is taking out IGG. If you can keep BF and remove draw from IGG, then you'll wind up so ahead on cards that Serena can't win.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a feeling bobross that you find everyone an easy match.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In response to the BF question - If I can get BF out on turn 3 with my Boris control deck, Serena is dead unless I get really unlucky with my Smashing Blows (stolen/bottom of deck). Then I resource fast and drop fatty after fatty.
    If I don't, it's going to be a tough match.

In general, you always want BF out ASAP unless your opponent has played Bazaar or something like that, and particularly against Serena. With Serena, more cards in hand means she's a LOT less likely to steal/discard whatever it is you need. More options when you need them too.
    Warriors can take some hits to the face early on, so I don't worry too much about board control in the opening turns. Couple CBs (and as Boris, ability) and you're back in control.

Also, playing on T5/6 gives Serena the chance to steal it. If you don't have another you're topdecking which is not good.

There are case by case situations of course, and I have dropped, say, Aldon instead of BF a couple times on T3 when I had it available. Cinderborn Fatebreaker on the field is the only one I'm certain of among those.
    Last edited by Flamebringer; 01-07-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    Proud Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.

I may set you on fire. It's not personal, I just like fire.

IGN: AP Flamebringer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks everyone. As allways this forum makes a good game great. Thank you all for advice. Maybe I can beat that stealing w***e Serena next time. She makes me so mad.
    E.T.C.

ENJOY THAT CATHETER