Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question How do you guys decide which hero to build a deck around?

Hey guys!

As the title asks, I was wondering how you guys decide which hero to build a deck around. Do you look for card design? Who has the highest health? Best ability? I'm asking because I find it hard sometimes to decide on a hero because there are so many now and I'm looking for a hero I can settle down with and create a solid deck.

Any advice or just hearing how you guys select your "hero" would help a lot!

Thanks a lot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A lot of players have a deck for most if not all heroes, lol.

But it comes down mostly just to what you want to be able to do with your deck. Do you want a control style deck, able to easily handle your opponent's moves, or an aggro (aggresive) deck, which will seek to pile on lots of damage more quickly. Early game vs late game, or somewhere in the middle. Many mage decks (especially Eladwen and Loest) will focus on rushing a bit more than a Priest deck, which is more control, or you have things like Moonstalker which can stall a lot. As for the hero health, Warriors obviously have the highest of any class, but that's balanced by what other cards they have in their card pool, for example not much direct damage and no board wipe card, whereas Priests and Mages have the lowest health, but make up for it by Priests having good control and heal cards, and Mages by having lots of direct damage.

I'm sure others will have many more technical pieces of advice, but hopefully that's a start.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if you have most of the cards, then decide based on meta. but if you're asking because you don't have all the cards and you wanna know which hero to just spend your sc or gold on, then my advice would be to stick with Eladwen (or Loest if you have him) while you grind.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Easy. Pick the hero that looks cool.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you're new, choose the hero that all the high rated players are playing

If you're experienced, choose the hero that counters all the heroes that the high rated players are using

Sorry if this hasn't been very helpful good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Easy. Pick the hero that looks cool.
    I suggest the hero with biggest boobs
    (I did not just Said that)
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    I suggest the hero with biggest boobs
    (I did not just Said that)
    Vess has a pretty nice rack though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dranjo View Post
    Vess has a pretty nice rack though
    well, if you go for the skinny mummy look
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sacrifice a sheep in the name of our Supreme Overlord The Fire Snake and he will come to you in sleep with correct answer.

But if you are new player than just go with rush mage or discard Zaladar. Check strategy section for decks. If you already have most of cards nothing stops you from trying all heroes. Friend told me variety is spice of life.
    Last edited by Veles; 01-06-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the advice guys! I already had my hero in mind but just wanted to know how everybody else chose their heroes. I know it's best to try different heroes but I feel like for those starting out (like me), it's best to choose one and work with that one for a while so you can get the hang of everything almost like learning how to ride a bike with training wheels (if that makes sense). Lol

But thanks again!