Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello,

this deck will still be hard to play, I like the idea though.

I think Anmor's Call makes no sense at all with that little amount of allies. So replacing it with Surprise Attack / Treasured Heirloom makes sense.
    You can also get rid of the shrine as Rain Delay, Cover of Night and Valiant Defender are hardly ever used.

Rejuvenating Ritual seems good to me as it works well vs Eladwen and Rogues with Anklebraker, which could be a problem.

Try this deck and report the problems you have.

I don't think that this is the best idea, but just a thought:
    As you got some cards which fill the hand of your opponent, like shrine, retreat! and enchanted oak you could also try to use Bad Santa or Bazaar as draw engine. Your Enemy will have a full hand anyway, but you won't.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thx, Zhorex.
    Yeah. I exchanged both Anmor's Call for 1x Bad Santa and 1x Treasured Heirloom because it is really low on draw...
    For starters I'll still keep the shrine for Crippling Blow or Black Garb etc. (and if no A Legend Rises is at hand).

And, yes - of course I will report! I guess this will be fun against all kinds of (hand-)discard-decks...^^

And, yes - i guess it is hard to play cause once Wisp is on the board you have to decide carefully whether to play safe (immediate Glimmer) or keep the surprise for the next turn at the risk of getting a board wipe (cause 2/4 Wisp and 3/5 KOU could get nuked or whatever...)
    Last edited by mrs choo; 01-07-2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: some coffee and thougts later^^
    Twisted Marrow the Prophet of Mayhem
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck looks interesting. I think it needs weapons tho. Mages will be a pain but I'm gonna try it!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by orochiholic View Post
    The deck looks interesting. I think it needs weapons tho. Mages will be a pain but I'm gonna try it!
    ^___^ (happy!)
    yes, i just couldn't choose a single card to exchange and didn't want to increase the card-count.

please tell me your experiences with this deck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    have only played 3 quick matches so far - rating got from 0 to 147. And at least one of them was a beginner with almost a starter deck (nishaven), guess that doesn't really count... (enchanted oak was really useful in that match!)

from that few games i can only tell that draw still might need improvement. and i had a hard time with the time limit, because nearly every decision is (at least for me) somehow difficult, especially to choose the moment for the transition from traps to allies and to plan carefully every remaining card in your hand from turn 1 on. but for sure the feeling the moment you start a Wisp + KOU (ability) + Glimmer Of Hope + Hero-ability Combo is truly priceless! (similar to ravager playstyle, but more fragile due to the lack of haste and/or 1 turn Cleric of the Asyn + Spitfire Hound + Lythian Shackles/Hunter's Gambit or alike combos)

as promised i'll report further progress (won't play other decks meanwhile).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I watched your games so far and noticed that the draw still is a problem. you could also replace the bucaneers with tainted oracles for board presence and draw. I know you like the bucaneers because of synergy, so another possibility would really be using bazaar and bad santas. You will have to fear mages and enemies with tons of allies then.

I still like the deck but i guess it will not be very competitive. It's an auto loss vs victor and hunters with perfect shot. Also elementals will hurt you with mind control and moonstalker could be pain too with death from above and now you're mine...

If you still want to work with it i guess you could make it in the 250's but not much further. I would replace the two recochet trap with 2 more decoy traps, since you must keep your allies alive.
    Another point is that your allies, which are strong should not waste their damage on enemy allies too much, so 2 more retreat! could help with this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhorex View Post
    I watched your games so far and noticed that the draw still is a problem. you could also replace the bucaneers with tainted oracles for board presence and draw. I know you like the bucaneers because of synergy, so another possibility would really be using bazaar and bad santas. You will have to fear mages and enemies with tons of allies then.
    You watched me? OMG. got me totally offguard. haha
    i feel somehow honored. (yay!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhorex View Post
    I still like the deck but i guess it will not be very competitive. It's an auto loss vs victor and hunters with perfect shot. Also elementals will hurt you with mind control and moonstalker could be pain too with death from above and now you're mine...

If you still want to work with it i guess you could make it in the 250's but not much further. I would replace the two recochet trap with 2 more decoy traps, since you must keep your allies alive.
    Another point is that your allies, which are strong should not waste their damage on enemy allies too much, so 2 more retreat! could help with this.
    yes. Enchanted Oak and Decoy Trap are THE lifesavers in those situations. (luckily until late-game no one can cast mind control a 2nd time in 1 turn). but against a wulven with plenty of those cheap -4-cost-killer-cards it is almost hopeless. and in my boris match i was lucky - i guess a more skilled player would have chosen the Wisp due to its growth potential. will change the traps according to your advice - and take 1 more Retreat!

SUMMARY: at present it is more of a fun-and-challenging-to-play-deck than anything close to competitive (i totally agree on that!)... But I think i'll still try to play with this for some time and eventually someone has another idea to improve this. Thanks for your help so far. yeah!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not having much luck with the deck. I can get the opponent pretty low on health but winning is a bit hard. I switched in 2x Viskas and got out an Extra Sharp and a Buccaneer (even though it messes the resource curve, the haste is much needed to make good use of Ythan's ability and be able to clean the board when the traps don't work).

On a side note, I'm getting annoyed when I play an Enchanted Oak and another trap and the opponent plays a Shriek of Vengeance. The Enchanted Oak is wasted, the opponent does not destroy a resource and just plays the Shriek again to destroy the other trap.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by orochiholic View Post
    I'm not having much luck with the deck. I can get the opponent pretty low on health but winning is a bit hard. I switched in 2x Viskas and got out an Extra Sharp and a Buccaneer (even though it messes the resource curve, the haste is much needed to make good use of Ythan's ability and be able to clean the board when the traps don't work).

On a side note, I'm getting annoyed when I play an Enchanted Oak and another trap and the opponent plays a Shriek of Vengeance. The Enchanted Oak is wasted, the opponent does not destroy a resource and just plays the Shriek again to destroy the other trap.
    then perhaps the idea from Zhorex to take Decoy Trap may be a solution. will only save 1 ally (first in order) from Nukes etc., but would solve this problem...

Did you achive some nice combos with Wisp?

an idea instead of Viska: to take Will To Fight with a Wisp - you can combo as usual (for this deck^^) AND get haste...

Thx for your feedback!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    YAY! Seems like in 2.89 Ythan gets buffed to "regardless of protector and stealth"!

Great news!
    Twisted Marrow the Prophet of Mayhem
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn