1x Will to Fight

***Items (10)***
    1x Death Trap
    4x Snare Trap
    1x Ricochet Trap
    4x Decoy Trap

TOTAL: 44 cards + Hero

Link to deckbuilder: http://deck.shadowera.net/fates/show...g4d151f4h14555

first of all: "hellow! this is my very first post and i hope that this deck isn't already existing... ideas to improve the deck (and my post^^) are very welcome...!

the two main aspects about this deck are "stall tactics" and "sudden surprising ally-growth combined with ythans ability". but unlike the classical OTK twilight version this takes little more time BUT the selfmade fatties stay in play and pose a great threat to the opposing player... and there is a great synergy between Aetherborn Wisp and Knight of Unaxio. yeah!

COMBOS (assuming allies were played the turn before, still alive and not disabled):

1 Wisp + 1 Glimmer of Hope + Hero-ability = 8 dmg (2cc) -> 4/6 Wisp + if lucky 3/3 Buccaneer
    1 Wisp + 1 Glimmer of Hope + 1 Extra Sharp (or 2nd Glimmer) + Hero-ability = 12 dmg (4cc) -> 4/6 (6/8) Wisp + if lucky 1(-2) 3/3 Buccaneer
    2 Wisp + 1 Glimmer of Hope + Hero-ability = 12 dmg (2cc) -> 2x 4/6 Wisp + if lucky 3/3 Buccaneer
    1 Wisp + 1 KOU (ability) + Hero-ability = 13 dmg (0cc) -> 3/5 Wisp + 5/7 KOU
    1 Wisp + 1 KOU (ability) + 1 Glimmer of Hope + Hero-ability = 15 dmg (2cc) -> 5/7 Wisp + 5/7 KOU + if lucky 3/3 Buccaneer

AND THE SUUUPER-SURPRISE:

1 Wisp + 1 KOU (ability) + 1 Glimmer of Hope + 1 Extra Sharp (or 2nd Glimmer) + Hero-ability = 19 dmg (4cc) -> 5/7 (7/9!) Wisp + 5/7 KOU + if lucky 1(-2) 3/3 Buccaneer
    YES, after dealing 19dmg (14 of them with ambush) you got at least 2x 5/7 allies on the board, if little lucky with cards even 7/9 + 5/7 + 3/3. If you even got an Enchanted Oak (keep it if Glimmer draws it!) you can't even be stopped by a Tidal Wave or Nova to finish your opponent on the following turn... Of cause in theory there are even greater combos possible but naturally your opponent won't idle while you take your time to get your allies on the board...

i chose 44 cards (at least current deck-state^^) because due to Glimmer of Hope there should be no problem getting the needed cards into hand.

playstyle (still testing^^):

turn 1-2 are mainly hoping for Net Trap, Snare Trap, Retreat and Enchanted Oak, well at least somehow because the deck is slow to start. Net Trap is good and Snare Trap perfect for turn 2 and if there are already opposing allies with with more than 2 ATK consider Retreat. The main goal is to play Aetherborn Wisp on turn 3 or 4 and to keep it alive to combo with Glimmer of Hope (Tenacious Buccaneer is the best discard of course!).

If your opponent happens to take his time (for preparing a combo or whatever^^) you might play Knight of Unaxio - his ability triggers Aetherborn Wisp 's growth as well and is one of the major features of this deck. once you are able to pull that off while Aetherborn Wisp is still in play (and hopefully able to attack^^) you might even able to get a OTK (One Turn Kill) - or at least a big blow and good chance to finish it on the next turn...

mostly the playstyle will depend on the pace of the opponent and i admit that there are quiet some weaknesses: worst case is against Boris Skullcrusher! solo decks in general (to stall) might be more difficult as well as against stealth... (all dmg comes from allies^^) and the fact that getting your allies disabled or back to the hand hits you hard...

All together this is likely to be very risky deck because without the combos there's not much dmg-potential.

i am looking forward to comments (do you think this is competetive?) and suggestions!
    have a nice play.

mrs choo
    (IGN crimsonmist)

PS: THX for your suggestions (so far) - i already edited my initial deck several times. (:
    Last edited by mrs choo; 01-22-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why Net trap and not Snare Trap?
    Why Stand Firm? KOU has Steadfest already
    Why Rejuvenating Ritual? It doesn't get rid of crippling attachment which are one of your problems
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    Why Net trap and not Snare Trap?
    Why Stand Firm? KOU has Steadfest already
    Why Rejuvenating Ritual? It doesn't get rid of crippling attachment which are one of your problems
    thx for your feedback!

EDIT(2): i chose to take 1 snare trap for starters and will test it... thx!

Net Trap - because it will work even against 4cc+ allies and due to the fact that disabled allies can't defend you get 3 turns to kill it... snare trap is for the start probably the better choice but considering mid- and late-game i chose this way.

Stand Firm - 2 reasons: 1. Aetherborn Wisp (main actor on the stage) has not steadfast and could simply be removed by a 2cc card like Retreat (or ability). 2. it is a ability -> can be used as fuel for Knight of Unaxio

Rejuvenating Ritual - i admit, it is more of a makeshift solution... is meant for abilities and convincingly cheap! does Shrine of Negatia even remove attachments? (if yes i'd say "problem solved, cause already 4x in this deck^^).

EDIT(1): because A Legend Rises negates a already attached Crippling Blow i added 1 more and sacrificed a Shrine of Negatia
    Last edited by mrs choo; 01-05-2015 at 10:31 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ALR works vs crippling blow at any time, but don't forget that ALR is unique.

what about decoy trap?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhorex View Post
    ALR works vs crippling blow at any time, but don't forget that ALR is unique.

what about decoy trap?
    nice idea! thx!

i guess i'd change 1 Into the Forest and 1 Shrine of Negatia against 2 Decoy Trap... or even more?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thx segalion and Zhorex - i edited my initial deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well, i must say that still this deck looks wierd
    1. You have actually no draw. Only draw card you have is Glimmer of hope and it nets you 1 card each activation
    2. Why the Shrine? What is the purpose of the card? what are you tring to return to hand?
    3. Why Rejuvenating Ritual? What is it's perpose? if it's for cheap ability you can find better cheap ability that can also support your game as well as fuling your knight (one example might be Poisen Arrow which can stall opponents)
    4. Why Stand firm again? as i said there are much better cards to fuel KOU, and retreat/Road less traveled (and to some extent Oliver Fagin and Darkwood wright) are not that common that you will add this card

I suggest the following:

-2 Retreat!
    -3 Shrine of Negatia
    -2 Rejuvenating Ritual
    -2 Stand Firm
    -2 Enchanted Oak
    -3 Net Trap
    +1 Snare Trap
    +3 Poisen Arrow
    +4 Hunter Gambit
    +2 Suprise Attack/Treasured Hairloom

Will bring you down to 41, will be more consistent, will have enough control tools, will have enough draw
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well imo yor deck is little big and is very low on draw i can see only glimmer of hope, i can see what are you trying to do but only 11 allies won't be enough, you must try to cut it down as close to 40 cards as you can...
    El Final De Los Dias Se Acerca...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruxes View Post
    well imo yor deck is little big and is very low on draw i can see only glimmer of hope, i can see what are you trying to do but only 11 allies won't be enough, you must try to cut it down as close to 40 cards as you can...
    thx for the advice, Jiraiya-sensei. ^____^
    will experiment the next days in order to get a feeling what seems right... yeah!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    well, i must say that still this deck looks wierd
    1. You have actually no draw. Only draw card you have is Glimmer of hope and it nets you 1 card each activation
    2. Why the Shrine? What is the purpose of the card? what are you tring to return to hand?
    3. Why Rejuvenating Ritual? What is it's perpose? if it's for cheap ability you can find better cheap ability that can also support your game as well as fuling your knight (one example might be Poisen Arrow which can stall opponents)
    4. Why Stand firm again? as i said there are much better cards to fuel KOU, and retreat/Road less traveled (and to some extent Oliver Fagin and Darkwood wright) are not that common that you will add this card

I suggest the following:

-2 Retreat!
    -3 Shrine of Negatia
    -2 Rejuvenating Ritual
    -2 Stand Firm
    -2 Enchanted Oak
    -3 Net Trap
    +1 Snare Trap
    +3 Poisen Arrow
    +4 Hunter's Gambit
    +2 Suprise Attack/Treasured Hairloom

Will bring you down to 41, will be more consistent, will have enough control tools, will have enough draw
    thx a lot for your detailed explanation! (great help!)

i changed to:

***Abilities (20)***
    2x Poison Arrow
    2x Retreat!
    1x Shrine of Negatia
    2x Extra Sharp
    1x Rejuvenating Ritual
    2x A Legend Rises
    4x Hunter's Gambit
    2x Anmor's Call
    4x Glimmer of Hope

***Items (12)***
    2x Net Trap
    3x Snare Trap
    3x Enchanted Oak
    2x Ricochet Trap
    2x Decoy Trap

TOTAL: 43 cards + Hero

to answer your questions:

1) the draw is still mediocre... but i think Poisen Arrow and Hunters Gambit will work fine (at least on 2-3hp allies).
    2) the shrine (remembering the "uno idea"^^) - to counter for example Rain Delay, Cover of Night and Valiant Defender... stuff like that.
    3) Rejuvenating Ritual to free my very few allies on the board from being disabled by abilities. seems important to me, there are even some allies with such abilities...
    4) replaced Stand Firm with Anmor's Call. i'd like to have 1-2 Assumed Command but unfortunately i already got 43 cards... this way my allies at least return to my hand on the next turn...

eventually i'll exchange Anmor's Call for Suprise Attack (although hero ability already includes ambush. mhhh.) / Treasured Hairloom like you advised. was just a spontaneous idea of mine - for the feeling of being creativ... or whatever. XD

Will test this new constellation the next days and report in how many games i reached which rating with this. yeah!

PS: i really start to grow fond of this forum - i was never really into community-stuff before but guys like you make me want to participate more. (:
    Last edited by mrs choo; 01-07-2015 at 12:20 AM.