Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Starval those arts are really nice.. I'm looking at another illustration of hers and am thinking that Kyle should ask her to re-do SE's class icons.

http://toorugenshin.deviantart.com/a...ghoi-502466305

In fact, I dont see why the entire interface of the cards shouldn't get a huge upgrade.

side note: in the art for Rod of Smiting, that bear-thing kind of looks like a Poke'mon.. I'm thinking of the one from the second set. I think its name started with a U
    Last edited by Kross; 01-06-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah it shouldn't take this long to get your artwork out there. If you really want to make the game look more attractive and appealing to new players having your product ready kinda helps. I must admit that the artwork, when it comes out, is usually top class. Problem with Wulven is that in 12 months time, will things be any different ? With any new product upgrade there will always be setbacks and delays, this is to be expected and understandable. What I think is not is the abject silence the supporters of the game receive when they inquire into information regarding this. Gondorian alone is left to fend off the hordes. We hear nothing at all from Kyle, the guy who asked for our money, but maybe that is the measure of the man. Silence is not helping.
    Last edited by Alien Fungus; 01-07-2015 at 06:52 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Kyle gave hope to me Looking at all the epic arts from my country's artist in SE makes me want to scream : " Where have these guys been all this time "

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballyworld View Post
    Smaller sets do make it possible. I've been on Solforge for a year and they've released three sets. Some missteps but they've been speedily corrected.

Sometimes I think wulven a biggest issue is letting perfect be the enemy of good. Still enjoy SE though. Both development models have their benefits.
    There's no question that smaller sets would mean less art to wait for, which would obviously have helped in the case of SF. It would have also meant less to design, code and balance, but I'm fairly sure whatever I said that's being referred to came after all the design, coding and essential balancing had been done. If someone can point me at exactly what I said where, that would be helpful for my own sanity.

For what it's worth, set 4 has been designed in such a way that it could be released in parts, if we needed to do that, without making any compromises.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    For what it's worth, set 4 has been designed in such a way that it could be released in parts, if we needed to do that, without making any compromises.
    This, I think, would be fantastic in keeping the game feeling fresh. If you released 50 cards every 3 months, instead of 200 once a year, you're getting the same net outcome but you end up feeling like the game is "always" getting an update with new cards that are "always" being added.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

That's one of the suggestions I have made in the past. Release of cards in parts.

One does not have to be too worried that the meta will be tilted towards some heroes/deck archetypes during each of the various phrases of release AS LONG as by the time the whole set is out, the entire meta is sufficiently balanced and fun.

(Maybe we can see raikka, ythan, therbin being played more often at some of these release phases?)

The time intervals between each of the 'five' phrases should not be too long too. It will be fun to have tourneys during each of the 5 phrases: there will be different decks and lots of experimentation during each phrase of release.

The intervals should not be too long because some of us remembers the dark era of 1.28, whereby it was all Logan, DC stall, and elad Rush and all the decks were cookie-cut. It's fun for a while but each phrase should not be too long.

Cards released in earlier phrases can still be tweaked/changed along the way.

I welcome this approach in the release of cards. Kudos.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's no question that smaller sets would mean less art to wait for, which would obviously have helped in the case of SF. It would have also meant less to design, code and balance, but I'm fairly sure whatever I said that's being referred to came after all the design, coding and essential balancing had been done. If someone can point me at exactly what I said where, that would be helpful for my own sanity.

I dont remember if it was in a forum post, or in a vid, or on a stream :/ I just know it was a while ago..

I think it was in a stream though