Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadow Era in 2015

A new year is almost upon us and another year of Shadow Era development begins… and continues!

After a few months of absence I was really excited to check back into the Shadow Era forums and see how the promised development from the Dec 2013 KickStarter had progressed. Although I noticed there’s minimal development in the game itself in the recent months, I hoped maybe a sneak peak or beta testing of the new campaign or 2 vs 2 matches would be available before its release in the next big patch. Unfortunately the forum has the same threads, as it’s had for the last year, asking the same questions - Dedicated community members who want to see this game succeed, asking for dates of development delivery and offering their assistance to the cause only to be given frustration in return with lack of response.
    The only change in the forum appears to be a reduced amount of activity in comparison to the previous year.

I do hope Wulven eventually capitalize on their dedicated community. Wulven could save immense amounts of time, resources, money and produce a higher quality product if they opened the development specification discussions to the forum. Shadow Era Community members would be honoured to contribute to the product, share their ideas and point out pitfalls before they occur. I’d hate to think of how much time and resource was wasted in developing the 3D battlefield that mimicked HearthStone, only to be discarded when shown to the SE Community. It would be disastrous if the long awaited new development was also sub-par and rejected by the community.
    (Especially taking into account that the new campaign and 2 vs 2 matches if designed well will set Shadow Era above other current TCG’s)
    I had planned on returning to my former SE forum addict like ways, however I’ll put that on pending until there is viable development to discuss. (At that time I'll also be back and bouncing in the greatest guild "BP" and hosting some LIVE Pop Ups!)

I wish the SE community and Wulven a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome back. As for development i agree with you, i know developing is hard because it will change the way ppls like me(who dont play pvp much) play this game but atleast wulven should keep players update like how much progress is done. I am not saying that they should tell major updates to players before releasing it in live servers but atleast enough to keep their hopes up. Shadow era community is the biggest one i have ever seen Thats why its so fun to play this game. On the side note i cant wait for campaign mode (trading feature?). I am so excited (please ignore those grammer mistakes cuz i am not perfect in english xD)
    If you cant earn it,burn it.
    Newbie Member of ETC GUILD
    IGN- ETC VORPAL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with every word.
    The idea of the Kickstarter campaign was to get quicker to the places this game were heading to.
    And a whole year later where are we?
    no campaign mode
    no 2x2
    not even complete design for cards that were released almost a year ago.
    Honestly I used to write here, asking for clear time references. I used to get lame excuses. Now I don't even get these anymore.
    This game isn't dead but the dev won't let it live either...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used to think that mixing WoW TCG gameplay and DeviantART images into a free-to-play app was ingenious, but after seeing all the lapses i think it was dumb luck.
    I gave up all hopes, i enjoy the game while it lasts, and i feel much better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not to derail this thread as I agree with the OP's post, but is 2 vs 2 even viable with balancing? I just think that a team of two Praxis would be crazy OP (but fun).

Happy New Year everyone!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Asazal View Post
    Not to derail this thread as I agree with the OP's post, but is 2 vs 2 even viable with balancing? I just think that a team of two Praxis would be crazy OP (but fun).

Happy New Year everyone!
    I am pretty sure they have kept it in mind when creating the cards, due to the way most of them are worded.

I think its balanced because all players get the disadvantage of having another player to defeat, yet gain the advantage of having another player to help you win. I cant say for sure though, because I have never done it.

Some individuals have done 2 v 2 using the physical cards. Is there anyone who's done it that would care to share their experience?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well.......
    El Final De Los Dias Se Acerca...

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    For such a generic thread title, I found a lot more negativity here than I was expecting. As of today, SE in 2015 is in its best ever state: More cards than ever before, fewer bugs than ever before, better balance than ever before, better looking than ever before, and a fourth set being worked on. I'm excited about the rest of the year!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    For such a generic thread title, I found a lot more negativity here than I was expecting. As of today, SE in 2015 is in its best ever state: More cards than ever before, fewer bugs than ever before, better balance than ever before, better looking than ever before, and a fourth set being worked on. I'm excited about the rest of the year!
    It would be a miracle and a half if you managed to advance backwards.
    Last edited by Airact; 01-01-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    It would be a miracle and a half if you managed to advance backwards.
    Like the deckbuilder?