Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fakie55555 View Post
    Another suggestion would be a Foil Pack! every one likes foils, so why not sell a pack of foils at an inflated price? perhaps like 100 SC for 5 Random Foils or something along those lines, obvously the numbers would have to be tweeked. and then ofcourse the other suggestion of just being able to buy a foil to build a foil deck.. i know i have a few decks that where nearly all foil from the frist kick start, but now due to the new cards the amount of foils in my decks has gone down alot and dispite buying around 6000ish SC worth of boosters i'm still very short on foils.
    that is something i was going to suggest to kyle. there are "premium" packs in other games. that have a guaranteed number of foil cards in them. it could be something like 4 foils + a chance for a fifth, 1 rare, 3 uncommons and fill the rest of the 15 cards with commons. for maybe 250sc.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    I'm liking how this conversation is going now...much more constructive thought, much less complaining. I'm with Caitlyn - I've got SC and nothing to spend it on. I wasted 2k SC just trying to refill the store for other players by buying packs that I don't need. I get a lot of free SC for finishing in the top 100, which translates to not needing to spend any money on the game. I don't know what percentage of the player-base that top 100 represents, but it may help to decrease those rewards a bit. I love that for SE, free to play can really mean free to play, but you guys could at least be getting some ad-revenue from players like myself who play this game like it's our job, and are compensated in-game with a regular SC stipend. Things that could help IMO:

1 - Make the freebie SC rewards slightly less for finishing so that even high ranked players may want to watch ads or pay for some cards once in a while
    2 - Offer more playmats/sleeves or let people select individual cards to make into sleeves. I would very quickly spend my remaining 4k SC on stuff like this, which may incentivize me buying some SC when the next set comes out.
    3 - Offer select foils for SCs (change it up each week) - so it's not as flexible as choose your own card, but it gives us an SC sink.
    4 - Release alternate art work for existing cards or alternate foils. Essentially you guys could be selling existing cards in alternate forms (like the variations on Aeon and Aldon). They could be a great sink for existing SCs

Let players that have too much gold/SC spend it on vanity and you'll find the existing excess of SC being spent down without creating a "pay to win" model for the game.

If you've ever played an on-line MMO, then you know how much black dye for armor sells for...this can be the same thing.
    definitely install a "pick you own sleeve" kind of thing would be great. more playmats too. i would be for smaller rewards for the ladder but not for tournaments. maybe open up CotC and DP on an all card foil basis like SF. not sure about buying them but that could be good. i actually LOVE the pick a card option, i just think its way too expensive. (not an sc sink, but i would like another option added to the deck builder at the very least. it would be in addition to the existing ones. an option to pick which set to display the cards, so if you wanted just sf allies, then you could do that. AND dont forget, the naming option for deck slots PLEASE)
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Romantic Gunner View Post
    Put her in charge. She knows what she's talking about.

I, along with many others, have made uncountable suggestions.
    Mine was implementation of a Digital/Physical Exchange.
    haha, i dont know if i would be any good at that
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    everyone's been asking for sleeves and playmats of their choice (from the art of the card pool) and everyone's pretty much been saying they're willing to spend on it.

how hard can it be to implement that?
    Crap that's all I really wanted from the Kickstarter backing! My own sleeves and play mat, sure the SC and packs and pick a foil thing was fun, but the whole incentive for me to buy into kickstarter was to get my custom sleeves, , can ya see it now, My ugly face w lil kip right there, just amazing!

Ofc, I backed it because it's a great game, I want to see it continue to move forward.

It's long enough, release the art, finalize SF, give us backers what we paid for and move forward.
    Please?
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

plo
    Also make it possible for us to watch ads on the computer version. Just like others have mentioned, making more exclusive only alt art, and promotional itens like T-shirts, gloves with SE art might be of some help.
    Last edited by plo; 01-04-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great to see the constructive discussion on ideas of how Wulven could generate new sources of revenue in 2015!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    haha, i dont know if i would be any good at that
    You couldn't possibly do any worse than what's being done.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    Great to see the constructive discussion on ideas of how Wulven could generate new sources of revenue in 2015!
    True, but the problem is that Wulven doesn't seem to care about any suggestions offered.

More revenue could be brought in by simply making the game more appealing to the players, in effect bringing in more players.

For example, here's an awesome thread containing many wonderful ideas suggested by the players and community. Pay close attention to the date of that post, and the suggestions on that list. Its quite alarming that, besides meltdown, only the most basic of those features (separate toggle for sound and music and rating decay) have been implemented into today's gaming experience. Those suggestions were acknowledged early 2012, most of them are being begged for still to this day and some of them were even promised to be released along with the latest expansion.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 01-05-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great discussion everyone. I have tried introducing new players to the game and my friends generally like 'a little bit' The one thing they comment on is the incomplete artwork ... It kinda gives the impression that the game is still being constructed and are so they are not really that interested in it. I guess the imagine of the game could be better in this respect. To us regular players we have learnt to accept that this is the way things are with Wulven and the strength of the game is the quality game play. But I'm guessing from the attitude of my friends that this is not a good selling point if the product looks unfinished upon release.
    Last edited by Alien Fungus; 01-06-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Doesn't surprise me. Nobody wants to play a game without art. Of course it are only a handfull of cards currently for SF. But it still looks ugly.
    Heck, even in the train someone pointed out what was wrong the 'death from above' I played....At least it gets conversations started?
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Placeholder images are always a no no for released games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will cut them some slack for there still being some placeholder images.. because I would be more upset if just anything was put there.

It has been a while since SF went live though.. perhaps Wulven should consider smaller sets in the future.

But I believe Gondorian mentioned a while back that having a smaller set wouldn't speed up the release by that much, even though I don't see how that could be true