Close

Threaded View

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF]Vince's Baduruu

Hi, guys! This is Vince!

Frankly, in order to prepare for WC 2014 grand final, I prepared several alternative decks. And this one is the secondary choice other than wulven Moonstalker. By collecting, tabulating, analyzing, and summarizing the data of decks used in regional and wildcard tournaments, I eventually decided to choose wulven Moonstalker because the meta environment was supposed to be flooded by Loest, BB, Amber, Zal, Victor, and Garth. Moreover, wulven Moonstalker has better chances against Loest and Amber due to lightning hunters and its hero ability so it is my primary choice. Well, the most important reason why I chose Moonstalker is I like it!

In the bracket of heroe choices I predicted that would overwhelm the WC2014 grand final, traditionally Baduruu has good MUs against BB, Zal, and Victor while he has bad MUs against Loest and Garth (even win chances as Amber if facing her). Yet, for this special customized Baduruu, Loest and Garth are no longer the bad MUs for Baduruu. You perhaps wonder why. So let me elaborate it now.

Here is the decklist:

Hero: Baduruu

Allies: (13)
    Morbid Acolyte * 4
    Death Mage Thaddeus * 2
    Deepwood Bobcat * 4
    Snowland Spotter * 3

Abilities: (19)
    Here Be Monsters * 4
    Shriek of Vengeance * 1
    Sacrificial Lamb * 1
    Night Prowler * 1
    Snare Trap * 4
    Pack an Extra * 4
    Hunter's Gambit * 4

Weapons: (7)
    Grundler's Double * 4
    Emore Crossbow * 3

This is the combo-synergy based deck. The main topics is to either gain resource advantage or trade cards for installing the SE in the early game. After T4 or T5, which depends on priority of playing, you establish card and board advantage. Finally, playing combos to consolidate the board or go for face.

To run this deck properly, you need to understand and utilize combos, synergy and tips I will state properly.

Combos:
    1. Pack an Extra + Bobcat = 3 damages + 1 more durability + 3/5 ally on board + draw one card. Cost: 5 resources + two hand cards. Prerequisite: Bobcat + Pack an Extra
    2. Snare trap + Bobcat = 3 damages + deferred 3cc or junior ally's exiling + 3/5 ally on board. Cost : 6 resources + two hand cards. Prerequisite: Bobcat + Snare trap.
    3. Hunter's Gambit + Bobcat = 4 damages + draw 2 cards + 3/5 ally on board. Cost: 6 resources + two hand cards. Prerequisite: Bobcat + Snare trap. There is at least one attachable opponent ally standing on board.
    4. Snowspotter + Emore Crossbow = 5 damages + 5 damages on allies (or 3 on hero) + 1/6 ally on board + 3/2 weapons on the support field. Cost: 4 SE + 4 resources + 2 durability + 2 hand cards. Prerequisite: having Emore Crossbow and Snowspotter while hero has 4 SE.
    5. Emore Crossbow + Bobcat-hunter combos = 3 damages dealt from Bobcat + 1 fire damages from Emore + 3/5 on board + 3/4 weapon on the support field. Cost: 4SE + 5 or 6 resources + 3 hand cards. Prerequisite: having Emore Crossbow, Bobcat and Hunter abilities. 4 (3+1) damages are fatal damages for opponent allies.
    6. Groudler's Double + Snowspotter = 3 damages + 3 damages + draw one card + 1/6 ally on the board + 3/3 weapon one the support field. Cost: 4 SE + 4 resources + two hand cards. Prerequisite: Groudler's Double + Snowspotter.

Synergy and Tips:
    1. HBM is the best transitional card before finishing installing SE.
    2. During the first 4 turns, think of which combos you want to complete in advance and then sacrifice appropriately and wisely.
    3. The best timing to cast Night Prowler is when you gain board advantage and you have both snowland spotter and a weapon on the field.
    4. Pack an Extra can complement the durability while you run out of durability rapidly due to snowland spotter.
    5. When you are missing the component of combos which you want to complete, using Pack an Extra and HBM to condense the deck.
    6. When facing heroes which can easily deal with weapons, cast snowland spotter and weapons at the same time to minimize the loss.
    7. If you kill the Phoenix with the Crossbow, it wont get revived after death cuz it is ablaze at the time

Hope you guys having with this deck
    Last edited by Vince19992; 12-28-2014 at 07:20 AM.
    General of Triumph
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn