Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great deck, thanks for sharing!
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the deck and love the depth of explination you give it. Thank you.

What matches is Night Prowler for? Know it can be a very fn card, but I'd guess for the WC you wouldn't add a card just for that.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow! Thanks for taking the time for such a detailed (and clear) explanation!
    Once again a very good deck and an awesome writeup. Thanks again!
    Member of Supreme Legion

We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Jacelkos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince19992 View Post
    http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/print.asp?ID=4468

This is the elaboration of UNO principle.

But in my personal words, I need to introduce two concepts -- efficiency and effectiveness.

Effectiveness refers to the magnitude of how powerful you deck is. It represents the diversity. And efficiency refers to magnitude of how much resources you implement to achieve the same level effectiveness. It represents how synergetic your deck is.

No matter what the game principles are, they primarily should achieve the same goal which is to increase the win rate.

Assuming that you deck is 100% efficiency with all 4 copies of cards in a 40 deck, if you take out one card out of those 4 copies of cards to rather increase one uno card, your efficiency will alter to 39/40 instead of 40/40(100%). Actually, you do weaken your deck's efficiency by adding a uno card. But the magnitude of decreasing in efficiency is such small that we can omit the difference.

In effectiveness aspect, given that this uno card can cope with the situation with which originally you have no way deal, it increase the diversity so that you have a chance to win some specific decks that originally you can never win. From 0 to 1, actually the magnitude of increasing in effectiveness overwhelms the magnitude of decreasing in efficiency from 40 to 39. Therefore, the behavior to implement uno theory is essentially to sacrifice efficiency to trade for effectiveness.

In this combo-synergy based deck, we should try our best not to decrease the efficiency because this deck cannot stack up to other decks which run with just solid non-combo cards if the combo chain is broken. So that's why I only have 3 uno cards. SoV can help you against Zhanna, Rogue, and Amber, which basically are troublesome to this deck.

This is just my personal opinion, hope it helps
    This is a concept I think a lot of us know but have an extreme amount of trouble putting it into words. What a wonderful detailed explanation! I don't think I could have even attempted to explain it better myself, or would I have even tried, lol. Your decks seems to have extreme thought behind its designed that must have took a lot of time and effort testing different formulas and possible changes. Thanks for sharing its a wonderful deck and detailed guide behind its designed
    Member of Alpha Predator
    Brotherhood. Honor. Glory.
    IGN: AP BlackAngel

free online tournament with prizes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks. 1 more thing! Why not simply add +1 uno card to make it 41? You know 40/41 is greater than 39/40 so I just wondered why not.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's a very good and useful explanation from you!
    chamthabo
    Sandrider of Arrakis
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN : BP chamthabo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Thanks. 1 more thing! Why not simply add +1 uno card to make it 41? You know 40/41 is greater than 39/40 so I just wondered why not.
    I think it's because you lower chances to draw specific cards like bows this way. You need to draw a bow in the first 10-12 cards most of the times.
    I think that in other decks that are less dependant from specific cards (Zhanna and Millstalker are popular examples) you can do +1 cards with less problems.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    I think it's because you lower chances to draw specific cards like bows this way. You need to draw a bow in the first 10-12 cards most of the times.
    I think that in other decks that are less dependant from specific cards (Zhanna and Millstalker are popular examples) you can do +1 cards with less problems.

Thanks for explanation, this is exactly what I wanna say
    General of Triumph
    Greatness, Reborn

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    I like the deck and love the depth of explination you give it. Thank you.

What matches is Night Prowler for? Know it can be a very fn card, but I'd guess for the WC you wouldn't add a card just for that.

It's a finisher to tech such decks which can implement hold-back strategy, by which players install SE, hand cards and resources until the specific time to play combos. For example, it's important to fight against victor, Mage and mill decks.
    General of Triumph
    Greatness, Reborn

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel View Post
    This is a concept I think a lot of us know but have an extreme amount of trouble putting it into words. What a wonderful detailed explanation! I don't think I could have even attempted to explain it better myself, or would I have even tried, lol. Your decks seems to have extreme thought behind its designed that must have took a lot of time and effort testing different formulas and possible changes. Thanks for sharing its a wonderful deck and detailed guide behind its designed
    Thanks, man! This deck really takes me a lot of time for tweaking and testing.
    General of Triumph
    Greatness, Reborn