Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Raksaksa's [SF] Gravebone "Charred Army" (Pure Undead)

I have tried and enjoyed Buqs' various versions of Gravebone and Leviosablades' death race decks.
    So now here's my take on Gravebone with undead allies only. Its more of a early board control and late game deck.

***HERO***
    Gravebone

***Allies (21)***
    4x Harbinger of the Lost
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Cryptspawn Tormentor
    3x Death Collector
    3x Corpse Shifter
    3x Shadow Knight
    2x Dakrath

***Abilities (8)***
    3x Lightning Strike
    2x Transmogrification Curse
    3x Supernova

***Draw (5)***
    3x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x Bad Santa

***Item Destruction (2)***
    1x Shriek of Vengeance
    1x Ley Line Nexus

***Weapon (2)***
    2x Bone Sabre

***Armor (2)***
    2x Charred Cowl of the Damned

TOTAL: 40 cards + Hero

How to play: It all depends who your opponent is and the cards you have at the time.

Have allies early on board. Summon Harbinger, a cost 3 ally and Corpse Shifter (CS). LS only if required on T4.

On T5 use CS to hurl Dakrath/undead for damage and resurrect. Use Bone Sabre with the resurrected Dakrath for pseudo haste attack.
    Or you can BS or SL to draw some card and can still summon a 3 cost ally.

You can also SK on T5 to pseudo draw the undead you hurled with or if there was one in the graveyard.
    If opponent has board and all else failed, Nova and resurrect an ally on T5.

T6, summon 2x 3 cost allies or control using Bone Sabre/LS/TC.
    T7 summon CCotD and if possible resurrect an Undead.

By this time your opponent will have a hard time to kill your allies. Take advantage.

I used to have Falseblood Cultist in the deck for draw, put an ally in the graveyard and board presence but he is quite weak to stay on board on T4. CS can withstand attacks better as he has 6HP.
    I changed FC to Lightning Strike for early control sake and to keep it purely undead allies. I can do without Fireball.
    I want to put Tombstone Beacon for draw but I feel that I'd lose tempo. Prefer burst draw from BS or SL for more options.

Some tips/combos you need to grasp in regards of undead:-

*Harbinger helps put an undead into graveyard
    *Have 2 undead allies in graveyard when Sac Lamb Cryptspawn. If killed by ability, he goes to your hand and become ammo for CS or you can resummon him
    *Hurl undead into graveyard to have 2 undead before Sac Lamb Cryptspawn to become next ammo or resummon. Resurrect undead only after Sac Lamb
    *CS can withstand Nova even your own. For a last resort attack, Nova for board control. Your CS will still be alive. If Cryptspawn was on board and there was 2 undead before him, he will go to your hand and become ammo to take out leftovers.
    *SK to recycle undead ammo for CS
    *DC to keep opponent's graveyard in check
    *Sac Lamb crippled ally/CT
    *TC for high health allies
    *Bone Sabre does not work on last duration
    *Bone Sabre does not work if no damage done
    *Bone Sabre does not work if your first summoned ally with the same high attack value is disabled
    *CCotD does not work if your allies are ablaze

This deck is weak against item destruction like LLN, Stop, Thief!, Smashing Blow, Focused Prayer, Anarchic Looting, Ravagers with Obelisk of Echoes.

Weak against fire attack that causes blazing allies ie Meteor Shower.

It is also weak against Hero like Ter Adun for his ability.

Worst matchup is against Jericho using Ember of the Just as it blazes the ally and he has Focused Prayer.

Have a go and let me know what you think of this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So here how it looks... Hm, but I'm sure that fireballs were in i guess to deal with early aggression?
    And what were the changes, please, let me know)
    Last edited by Zmiulan; 10-17-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A lot of changes made.

Yes, fireball to deal early aggression and for ability/direct damage. Useful against stealth allies/heroes.
    Took out harbinger because the changes made him less valuable. Discarding only help milling myself.
    For item destruction, Acid Jet can be interchangeable with LLN. Dawn Raid helps remove 2 critical support ability when needed.
    I think its a straight forward deck but played slightly different when meeting different heroes.

Here's how it looks like now

***HERO***
    Gravebone

***Allies (16)***

2x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Cryptspawn Tormentor
    4x Death Collector
    2x Corpse Shifter
    2x Shadow Knight
    2x Dakrath

***Abilities (11)***
    3x Fireball
    3x Lightning Strike
    2x Transmogrification Curse
    3x Supernova

***Draw (7)***
    3x Sacrificial Lamb
    3x Bad Santa
    1x Tome of Knowledge

***Item Destruction (3)***
    2x Acid Jet
    1x Dawn Raid

***Weapon (2)***
    2x Bone Sabre

***Armor (1)***
    1x Charred Cowl of the Damned

TOTAL: 40 cards + Hero

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, thank you, it's always interesting to see a Gravebone deck without discard engines.
    I mean, you do have 2 Corpse Shifter, but this is more a combo thingie there.
    Thus, we have a control oriented undead deck like Banebow or Zaladar... I like it

However, 2 cost allies are needed imo, just not to skip a turn.
    And potential T4 fatty summoned from graveyard is that feature of Gravebone which can help to gain early advantage.
    What do you think of Tombstone Beacon? BS still gives cards to your opponent, but as a T2 is good when you go first)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah i do need 2 cost allies because I usually lose to rush decks. Its just that Harbinger's ability to discard is random. Since the deck is not ally heavy deck, it will probably discard important item cards. Frostmare is not a good alternative either. Maybe not in this type of deck.

True T4 fatty is good but they can be countered next turn with MC, CB, Transmorg, Zail Hymm, Tidal Wave, Victor's ability with HG. Undead fatty is only Dakrath and SK.

Tombstone rely on you summoning allies to use. If I don't summon allies every turn, I'd lose tempo there. If I were to replace BS, I would rather use more ToK or Loom of Fate.
    Last edited by Raksaksa; 10-18-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll definitely try it out someday and wish you good luck with this deck (and others of course)
    Great concept, not as random as homunculus Gravebone... Fire Gravebone is also amazing but he loses to a true Lady ov Fire - Majiya